British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Armadale Devils 2020

Welcome great to have a new team in the league look forward to your visit to the NSS.

Edited by B.V 72

16 hours ago, Parsy29 said:

Josh Embleton can't be fitted back in on his 4.83 average at Leicester and would jump at the chance of a spot at Armadale. After his progression this season and his investment in equipment I believe it would be a great shout for both parties. He has rode all the NL tracks now and put over 2 1/2 points on his average.

Definitely difficult for Josh. Sometimes riders can end up victims of their own success thanks to the average system but his unusual number might work for a team somewhere. 

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Definitely difficult for Josh. Sometimes riders can end up victims of their own success thanks to the average system but his unusual number might work for a team somewhere. 

Its a crazy sport where you improve by more than 50% but it works against you. If you only improve a little bit you can normally find yourself a team spot. 

Ive tried to explain this to so many people who are not involved and they just can't get their heads around it. As you say S4S he could end up being a victim of his own success. I just wonder how much average manipulation actually goes on in all leagues towards the end of seasons ?

• Like 1

I think Last season most reserves were pretty weak and was easy for Josh when he came into the team and banged in good points he also did beat a few good riders and him and RTD  were the best reserves pairing Leicester were smashing everybody but think he will get picked up soon enough it’s really hard for us northern riders 5/6 hours travel just for home matches does take its toll on riders trying to fit in work and speedway as no chance of making any meeting with only taking a half day off your work here’s hoping we get a chance at Armadale 

5 hours ago, Parsy29 said:

Its a crazy sport where you improve by more than 50% but it works against you. If you only improve a little bit you can normally find yourself a team spot. 

Ive tried to explain this to so many people who are not involved and they just can't get their heads around it. As you say S4S he could end up being a victim of his own success. I just wonder how much average manipulation actually goes on in all leagues towards the end of seasons ?

Josh is a prime example of why we should have graded riders not average based teams. Travesty when you put the hard yards in and get kicked in the balls

1 hour ago, Heedthebaw said:

No Leon Flint at Belle Vue, so my money is on him being at the Dale

Wise bet. Be good for his development riding Armadale more regularly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Wise bet. Be good for his development riding Armadale more regularly.

Gives some top end strength too to be competitive. 

At reserve I would like to see George Rothery get a permanent spot at number 6 and the Millar brothers share the number 7 spot. Gives them both experience and a friendly rivalry between them, without putting a whole season's worth of pressure on them. Especially considering there will be A LOT of travelling to the likes of Kent, IOW and Plymouth... They can share them rides between them.

In the main body I would like to see Leon Flint and Willie Lawson at 1 and 5. Would have been nice if Luke Ruddick and Connor Coles were involved too, but maybe staying at one track season's on end isn't their goal in speedway. Be interesting to see who the final 3 riders are, whether Ryan MacDonald might pop over the country from Glasgow? Look forward to seeing a good and competitive team from the Devils, good luck to them :t:

3 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

No Leon Flint at Belle Vue, so my money is on him being at the Dale

Is that not a backward step for Leon.Though he was going to ride abroad.?

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Is that not a backward step for Leon.Though he was going to ride abroad.?

He's still only 16/17, plenty of time for him to "crack" racing abroad!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

At reserve I would like to see George Rothery get a permanent spot at number 6 and the Millar brothers share the number 7 spot. Gives them both experience and a friendly rivalry between them, without putting a whole season's worth of pressure on them. Especially considering there will be A LOT of travelling to the likes of Kent, IOW and Plymouth... They can share them rides between them.

In the main body I would like to see Leon Flint and Willie Lawson at 1 and 5. Would have been nice if Luke Ruddick and Connor Coles were involved too, but maybe staying at one track season's on end isn't their goal in speedway. Be interesting to see who the final 3 riders are, whether Ryan MacDonald might pop over the country from Glasgow? Look forward to seeing a good and competitive team from the Devils, good luck to them :t:

On the travelling front (not sure kent have confirmed night for NL racing yet) but potentially with sensible fixture planning you could do Kent weds, IOW thurs Plymouth friday and maybe even Leicester on the Saturday (although I d  try get BV on a friday, leicester on the sat, and Mildenhall on the sunday. 

Can cover all 6 away fixtures in two weekends away, tough on man and machines but also potentially saving a fortune on fuel Bill's, and probably get some travelling fans taking in a southern tour.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

He's still only 16/17, plenty of time for him to "crack" racing abroad!

Agree, but NL  this season is in the main below his level, He has had 2 seasons in NL and to improve he really needs to ride against opposition above his level. iMO.Rates of pay surely can’t make it viable.

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

On the travelling front (not sure kent have confirmed night for NL racing yet) but potentially with sensible fixture planning you could do Kent weds, IOW thurs Plymouth friday and maybe even Leicester on the Saturday (although I d  try get BV on a friday, leicester on the sat, and Mildenhall on the sunday. 

Can cover all 6 away fixtures in two weekends away, tough on man and machines but also potentially saving a fortune on fuel Bill's, and probably get some travelling fans taking in a southern tour.

Yes Jason Pipe has said the fixture should facilitate this. Like IOW on a Thurs & Plymouth on a Fri etc. Or Leicester on a Sat & Mildenhall on a Sun.