British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Armadale Devils 2020

As John Campbell has been a promoter for an unbroken run of 35 seasons and was a trophy-winning third-tier promoter at Linlithgow and Armadale as well as settingup all the Monarchs' many successes, l'd be backing  him to send out a useful - - albeit young and at first inexperienced - - team of Devils.  Without breaking any banks. 

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheScotsman said:

Who is Mason Watson?

First 'graduate' of the Duns Academy, did well at Armadale in the junior championship event at the end of last season.  Almost exactly the kind of young Northern-based rider John Campbell was describing when he set out the Devils' stall. 

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

First 'graduate' of the Duns Academy, did well at Armadale in the junior championship event at the end of last season.  Almost exactly the kind of young Northern-based rider John Campbell was describing when he set out the Devils' stall. 

Being in sight of the English Channel, I have not heard to him..but from what you say, perfect for the NDL. Good luck to him.

7 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

19-year-old motocrosser from Berwick.   A Berwick asset and a mate of Leon Flint I believe.

I was surprised they chose to use a 3.00 asset of another club!

• Like 2

Must be more to Watson than his record suggests? From the only stats i can find this season he did 2 x NJL matches (6 rides) and scored 1 point. Granted i don't know who the opposition were for those matches but its hardly a record that sets the world alight. 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Must be more to Watson than his record suggests? From the only stats i can find this season he did 2 x NJL matches (6 rides) and scored 1 point. Granted i don't know who the opposition were for those matches but its hardly a record that sets the world alight. 

I feel like it’s another rider who’s getting on because of his motocross background rather than instant ability on a speedway bike. 

2 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I feel like it’s another rider who’s getting on because of his motocross background rather than instant ability on a speedway bike. 

Time will tell however its a long drive back from places like IOW if he has spent the evening being way off the pace.

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

He did 6 meetings in the NJL last year.

7 from 3 and 6 from 2 were his results at the Dale in the 2 NJL meetings he did there, but the 6 from 2 isn't quite as impressive as it may sound. He was the only finisher in each race :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, HenryW said:

He did 6 meetings in the NJL last year.

7 from 3 and 6 from 2 were his results at the Dale in the 2 NJL meetings he did there, but the 6 from 2 isn't quite as impressive as it may sound. He was the only finisher in each race :rolleyes:

He was on the podium at the NJL Riders Championship at Armadale in October, improving over each race as the night went on.   It'll be good when the Devils' next signing is announced, maybe removing some of this intense scrutiny from their (l presume) #7..... 

With Flint & MacDonald joining Newcastle, that makes it even less clear who is going to ride for the Devils. 

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

With Flint & MacDonald joining Newcastle, that makes it even less clear who is going to ride for the Devils. 

I assume they can ride for Newcastle & Armadale as they are in different competitions!

On 1/22/2020 at 5:38 PM, crescent girl said:

Duns Academy did it run last year ?

On 12/23/2019 at 4:16 PM, Fromafar said:

Is that not a backward step for Leon.Though he was going to ride abroad.?

Armadale`s latest signing is Lewis Millar.