British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Armadale Devils 2020

21 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Results don't but competitiveness does. The terrible teams of the past have cost opposition promotions a lot of money (not calling this a terrible side) and likewise a team performing poorly on track will make it difficult to attract a home crowd. Not sure if this side is running a double headers or not but if so and its an increased entry fee a few poor results could affect both home teams gates.

Yes most of us can recall Scunthorpe a few years back..

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

You don't like Wallinger, now you don't like Phillips, you really do add value to this thread.

Not true. I do like Phillips but it’s fact that his career has stagnated so I was being positive by hoping that a change of track will help him. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

With it been a development league do the results really matter .

I mean getting hammered every week isn’t exactly going to help confidence no matter what league.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I mean getting hammered every week isn’t exactly going to help confidence no matter what league.

Depends on the rider really . If you can except defeat makes winning sweeter 

I think there’s Only a few riders that would fit the Ave that’s left and make them a decent side   Luke Harris Danno Verge Ryan Terry Daily  but cant see any of them travelling as there based the other side of London Luke Priest  but i don’t know if he is still riding then after that your looking at 3+ point riders that won’t travel to ride at number 2-4 as they won’t score much and end up lossing too much money 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mac101 said:

I think there’s Only a few riders that would fit the Ave that’s left and make them a decent side   Luke Harris Danno Verge Ryan Terry Daily  but cant see any of them travelling as there based the other side of London Luke Priest  but i don’t know if he is still riding then after that your looking at 3+ point riders that won’t travel to ride at number 2-4 as they won’t score much and end up lossing too much money 

It does have the feeling of building a team bu chucking a few riders in then attempting to plug the gaps rather than a thought out approach? 

I think Verge is based on IOW now so makes the travelling impractical, Harris was never keen on the journeys to Kent so cannot see his crew heading North. Shame really as the venture could struggle unless one of the Newcastle riders wants a few extra rides or miles on their van.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

It does have the feeling of building a team bu chucking a few riders in then attempting to plug the gaps rather than a thought out approach? 

I think Verge is based on IOW now so makes the travelling impractical, Harris was never keen on the journeys to Kent so cannot see his crew heading North. Shame really as the venture could struggle unless one of the Newcastle riders wants a few extra rides or miles on their van.

The rules don’t let riders do the NL and NT for separate teams though. That’s why Flint has left Newcastle. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

The rules don’t let riders do the NL and NT for separate teams though. That’s why Flint has left Newcastle. 

Indeed but the best options to fill the gaps currently reside in the Newcastle team. That said most are local enough so would be adding quite a bit of extra travelling for a few extra meetings.

I heard a whisper that Dan Greenwood is getting itchy fingers to ride again, i dont know if its true or not, but his average is to high at 6.72

24 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Indeed but the best options to fill the gaps currently reside in the Newcastle team. That said most are local enough so would be adding quite a bit of extra travelling for a few extra meetings.

Pretty sure 3/4 of the now Newcastle riders asked for a team spot there when they announced they were running a nl team but they never got back to them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Pretty sure 3/4 of the now Newcastle riders asked for a team spot there when they announced they were running a nl team but they never got back to them 

Then may Devils 2 reap what they sow 

George Rothery completes the devils side. Probably the best of the 4 riders who are new to the league this year imo.

10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

George Rothery completes the devils side. Probably the best of the 4 riders who are new to the league this year imo.

Would be good if george started at reserve being the best of the 3 pointers would be a waste in the main body would score well from 7 rides rather then his 4 rides and could make a difference with a few extra points rather than the pressure on the top 3 to score max points 

44 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Would be good if george started at reserve being the best of the 3 pointers would be a waste in the main body would score well from 7 rides rather then his 4 rides and could make a difference with a few extra points rather than the pressure on the top 3 to score max points 

Never seen the lad ride but results & reputation suggest he is due his chance. Unfortunately after the first set of averages he is likely to end up riding at 4 even if he gets a few spins at reserve to start the year. Leaves Armadale quite a bit under the limit but i suspect that isnt the purpose of the project

Lewis Millar has some NL experience even if it’s very limited and Rothery has probably shown up best so maybe those two will start at reserve. Good to see the Devils giving youth a chance whilst still putting out a respectable team with 3 good heat leaders who are all young too.