British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Armadale Devils 2020

Devils on the hunt for 2 new riders to complete the side. Will have to start looking further south to do so now.

Matt Marson to replace Leon Flint anyone ? 

Sure I read in the Monarchs that Mitchell Davey is making a return? Dunno how true that rumour is and what Mitchell is up to these days, but his previous NL average was 8.61, so not a bad shout for a number 5? Of course whoever will be the Monarchs' number 7 may strongly dictate who the final riders are...

1. Nathan Greaves 9.22

4. George Rothery 3.00

5. Mitchell Davey 8.61

6. Lewis Millar 3.00

7. Gregor Millar 3.00

Total: 26.83

Left: 8.17

Harry McGurk /Dale Lamb (If he still rides???) 3.00 would leave 5.17 for the final rider.

The only logical rider who would fit now would be Scott Campos, but I would highly doubt he'd travel the whole length of the country to ride for a team he has no connection with (As far as I'm aware)

Other riders to consider may be Ben Woodhull (3.67) Paul Bowen (3.36) Sheldon Davies (3.00) David Wallinger (3.87) Shelby Rutherford (3.61) Tom Young (3.00) Alex Goldsbrough (3.00) Another reserve option...

Hmmm, interesting times ahead, don't think it'll be a very strong team, but a couple big hitting, experienced riders to help 4 or 5 young, Scottish talents along, that's what this leagues all about :t:

think dale would be a great shout but thinks he is not racing this year but the wooley brothers might just fit in or jack Parkinson 

Edited by mac101

On 3/5/2020 at 8:51 AM, Islander15 said:

The rules don’t let riders do the NL and NT for separate teams though. That’s why Flint has left Newcastle. 

That must be a new rule as when Leicester & Crawley  competed in the NT they had riders from other teams 

Edited by TMW

2 minutes ago, TMW said:

That must be a new rule as when Leicester & Crawley  competed in the NT they had riders from other teams 

yes it changed last year 

Just now, mac101 said:

yes it changed last year 

Thank you 

36 minutes ago, mac101 said:

think dale would be a great shout but thinks he is not racing this year but the wooley brothers might just fit in or jack Parkinson 

Thought sam woolley had packed it in? And tom comes in on a 6.69 average so hes far too high to fit in the team. I suspect tom will be at belle vue if they run alongside connor bailey and danny Phillip's or jack smith

Jpb WAY over the limit assuming greaves had resigned. Which I've heard is a 99% certainty... let's see what happens... either way looks like an interesting team for dale

23 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Sure I read in the Monarchs that Mitchell Davey is making a return? Dunno how true that rumour is and what Mitchell is up to these days, but his previous NL average was 8.61, so not a bad shout for a number 5? Of course whoever will be the Monarchs' number 7 may strongly dictate who the final riders are...

1. Nathan Greaves 9.22

4. George Rothery 3.00

5. Mitchell Davey 8.61

6. Lewis Millar 3.00

7. Gregor Millar 3.00

Total: 26.83

Left: 8.17

Harry McGurk /Dale Lamb (If he still rides???) 3.00 would leave 5.17 for the final rider.

The only logical rider who would fit now would be Scott Campos, but I would highly doubt he'd travel the whole length of the country to ride for a team he has no connection with (As far as I'm aware)

Other riders to consider may be Ben Woodhull (3.67) Paul Bowen (3.36) Sheldon Davies (3.00) David Wallinger (3.87) Shelby Rutherford (3.61) Tom Young (3.00) Alex Goldsbrough (3.00) Another reserve option...

Hmmm, interesting times ahead, don't think it'll be a very strong team, but a couple big hitting, experienced riders to help 4 or 5 young, Scottish talents along, that's what this leagues all about :t:

Jamie Halder (4.63) would fit in that team!

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Jamie Halder (4.63) would fit in that team!

I can only see Jamie at Leicester

• Like 2

Decent looking team for the Devils this season :t:

1 minute ago, Dandelion said:

Decent looking team for the Devils this season :t:

Personally I think they look very weak, best chance is if all 8 teams look weak!

Just now, szkocjasid said:

Personally I think they look very weak, best chance is if all 8 teams look weak!

All teams do look weak compared to how the NL used to be, it's a very weak league now, but that's what it's all about, a lot of young up and comers, they won't win the league... But they sure will develop some youngsters. Interesting hearing about this Scottish championship thing. Is there any 10-15 year old Scots knocking about that anyone can tell us about.

Decent top 3 but an awfully weak bottom 4. I feel for which 2 of the newbies are stuck at number 2 & 4 unable to get a reserve race to score any points. 

12 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Decent top 3 but an awfully weak bottom 4. I feel for which 2 of the newbies are stuck at number 2 & 4 unable to get a reserve race to score any points. 

Will they not drop down to reserve if their averages fall? Or are the reserves set for the season?