British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

8 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

A phone call from a friend who seems to get all the latest news, told me that there is to be a competition among local schools in Kent

to decide the name of the National League team.  Has anyone else heard that news ?  And is it true ?

I assume this is for names to go forward to a fans vote & then subject to it meeting with the promotions approval the new name will be appointed? Cannot see Kent Klowns , Korkers or Kilimanjaro's sneaking through. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I assume this is for names to go forward to a fans vote & then subject to it meeting with the promotions approval the new name will be appointed? Cannot see Kent Klowns , Korkers or Kilimanjaro's sneaking through. 

That is very helpful.

3 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Kamikazes?

Time to get my coat, again!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, East End Fan said:

A phone call from a friend who seems to get all the latest news, told me that there is to be a competition among local schools in Kent

to decide the name of the National League team.  Has anyone else heard that news ?  And is it true ?

That was announced via the official channels last week, so no secret. 

2 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Kent number 2s 

Only if they're cr*p :P

47 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Surely one below the Kent Kings is the Kent Queens.

Perhaps Princes might work better. But the alliteration is poor. And we mustn't preclude any young ladies with aspirations to become World Champion.

6 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Surely one below the Kent Kings is the Kent Queens.

Our friends in Sussex (The Budgies, (or after the season in green and black) The Orvilles) dubbed us the kent dram queens a couple of seasons back.lol

Edited by teaboy279

18 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Our friends in Sussex (The Budgies, (or after the season in green and black) The Orvilles) dubbed us the kent dram queens a couple of seasons back.lol

Well Kent have played second fiddle to eagles for the past 5 years lol

• Haha 2

Why is it taking so long to get the team announced for Kent feeling very frustrated. Momentum seems to have gone now we have a Championship team all signed up!

On 1/3/2020 at 6:29 PM, Old Crusader said:

Why is it taking so long to get the team announced for Kent feeling very frustrated. Momentum seems to have gone now we have a Championship team all signed up!

I don't know if you've noticed, but we have just been through Christmas and New Year holidays.....maybe that has been a factor ???

8 hours ago, East End Fan said:

I don't know if you've noticed, but we have just been through Christmas and New Year holidays.....maybe that has been a factor ???

I think it will be more down to the fact it is a lot more behind the scenes stuff to run the champ team and the nl team will certainly be on the back burner this year 

• Like 1