British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

27 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

I think you could be right.Would Ledwith,spooner,mulford clouting and ablitt fit in ????

That group with Jenkins & Gilkes would leave Kent around 6 points under the limit. Its interesting that Ablitt & Wood did similar things last season but because of averages Wood is on the naughty list an Ablitt is not. 

8 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

That group with Jenkins & Gilkes would leave Kent around 6 points under the limit. Its interesting that Ablitt & Wood did similar things last season but because of averages Wood is on the naughty list an Ablitt is not. 

Sounds a lot under,but strong top three and ablitt and Mulford would improve no end.

32 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Sounds a lot under,but strong top three and ablitt and Mulford would improve no end.

Would need to along with Spooner as 3 double uppers in a team means guests galore. Which will be further limited by less teams and therefore less riders to choose from.

Drew Kemp 8.14
Jacob Clouting 3.13
Dan Gilkes 8.00
Rob Ledwith 5.93
Jason Edwards 7.53
Jake Mulford 3.00
Nathan Ablitt 3.00

Tonnes of growth with probably the likes of Jake, Nathan and Jacob alone putting 6 points between them onto their averages... Very young team with a level headed leader... Dan and Rob can have more time racing together, which helps the CL team... Good looking side imo :t: They can all push on to riding for the CL team in the future...

Singsforspeedway will be on here in a minute saying that teams rubbish and your club will collapse like he said about us  Plymouth that is I’m not using his exact words if that’s the Kent team it would be very good and good luck to you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:
Drew Kemp 8.14
Jacob Clouting 3.13
Dan Gilkes 8.00
Rob Ledwith 5.93
Jason Edwards 7.53
Jake Mulford 3.00
Nathan Ablitt 3.00

Tonnes of growth with probably the likes of Jake, Nathan and Jacob alone putting 6 points between them onto their averages... Very young team with a level headed leader... Dan and Rob can have more time racing together, which helps the CL team... Good looking side imo :t: They can all push on to riding for the CL team in the future...

I like the look of that side id be well happy if that was the team, lots of very entertaining riders.  I do wonder however if Ledwith will be up for 2 leagues.  Also Len is very loyal to his riders & I would think he would try & find a place for Spooner & Jenkins if he is going to do NL.

Len’s used the Rye House Raiders to promote many riders into the rockets so he is likely to want his own assets and a young team with winning not being the be all and end all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Ablitt quit mid season / Wood didnt turn out for one team but did another. Massive difference.

And you only have to talk to Kent Fans, there is a massive list of things he has done to upset people, which is why is he is so universally disliked at CP.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GWC said:

Len’s used the Rye House Raiders to promote many riders into the rockets so he is likely to want his own assets and a young team with winning not being the be all and end all.

As a matter of pure common sense, if that becomes the policy at Kent, then I am right behind it.

13 hours ago, flipper11 said:

I like the look of that side id be well happy if that was the team, lots of very entertaining riders.  I do wonder however if Ledwith will be up for 2 leagues.  Also Len is very loyal to his riders & I would think he would try & find a place for Spooner & Jenkins if he is going to do NL.

Looks a nice side a tough ask for Clouting though, Kemp,Ledwith, Edwards, Gilkes will all need to do two leagues as the Championship is a tough ask.Those four could have a real busy season ahead young Rowe who we have at Swindon has a real tough learning season ahead keeping everything crossed for him it  won't be easy i recon young Mulford will be a big improver to.

Edited by Sidney the robin

22 hours ago, HGould said:

Why would any Promoter trust Wood to turn up after he let IOW down so badly last year and had knock on effect on his CL Club.

Len wouldn't stand for that kind of nonsense and probably far more trustworthy alternatives. You can't score double points sat at home after all.

Makes you think, he never let down the old promotion at Eastbourne but could never get to grips with Sheffield, IOW or new Eastbourne. Something behind the scenes maybe? 

16 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Singsforspeedway will be on here in a minute saying that teams rubbish and your club will collapse like he said about us  Plymouth that is I’m not using his exact words if that’s the Kent team it would be very good and good luck to you.

Well the club didn’t exactly collapse. But your team was rubbish lol and you’re the only team in the past few seasons to be denied entry to another league so technically your ideas collapsed...

18 hours ago, Dandelion said:
Drew Kemp 8.14
Jacob Clouting 3.13
Dan Gilkes 8.00
Rob Ledwith 5.93
Jason Edwards 7.53
Jake Mulford 3.00
Nathan Ablitt 3.00

Personal opinion before Mike01234 gets upset.....Kemp no, needs away from CP to regain his confidence. What has Ablitt done since quitting mid season? Because Mulford was discovered it got covered up but if Kent finished the season running James Laker i doubt runners up would have been on the cards. A team with 4 likely double uppers is always a recipe for disaster, the injury curse struck Kent this year and would lurk again with that side.....but still looks better than the built Plymouth team  ;)

14 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Ablitt quit mid season / Wood didnt turn out for one team but did another. Massive difference.

And you only have to talk to Kent Fans, there is a massive list of things he has done to upset people, which is why is he is so universally disliked at CP.

I don't dispute that Georgie is as popular as a fart in a lift with several at CP but he is equally well received by others and often seen in the stands. Im not saying i would have him in my side but in the right mindset, on decent equipment which Kent are known to supply he could easily top the NL averages. 

52 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I don't dispute that Georgie is as popular as a fart in a lift with several at CP but he is equally well received by others and often seen in the stands. Im not saying i would have him in my side but in the right mindset, on decent equipment which Kent are known to supply he could easily top the NL averages. 

Every time I saw him in the last 2 seasons he has been mega impressive, and his scores at both levels (less soon the road in the cl) have been good.

Certainly would be a massive loss to the sport if he drifted away. If he wants to ride in 2020 I am convinced there is clubs at both levels that would snap him up.

He is one of those riders that with the right financial backing and a sports psychologist type person looking after him off track he has the natural ability to rise to the very top.

I think your probably right in the fact that there are many people who would love him in the kent team, so he is very much marmite on that front.

Tbf up until a season ago he was very much on my wish list before his average crept up so far.

I hope all the National League side at Kent are familiar faces, with the vastly reduced schedule it may be possible to attract a Jack Thomas type rider who may not of wanted a national league team spot with 20 odd fixtures.

I like the idea of the riders left without a club entering a pool of riders available to guest, so riders arent completley frozen out like in previous seasons.

• Like 2