British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Disaster for Kent!

A real disaster??????

Kent have two teams next season,so a full fixture list.Kent will...and have plenty of young talent in their NDL team.

Personally looking forward to the Championship....top riders to watch and ex kings coming back. :D

The only disaster is no Lakeside,stoke,workington,buxton,rye house etc etc :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerKings said:

Ben Morley is a warrior for next season. Was hoping he would have been in at least one of our teams for this year!

Wonder if Kemp will be back for another short NDL season?

Stranger kings,,I'm sure Ben would have been happy to be in Kents championship side..

2 minutes ago, waco said:

Stranger kings,,I'm sure Ben would have been happy to be in Kents championship side..

Who knows, maybe attempts were made to get a contract done but an agreement couldn’t be made. Maybe he’s our insurance policy if Ledwith does struggle to adapt to Championship level.

I'm sure a contract could have been done but they had already signed Ledwith

On 12/23/2019 at 8:49 PM, szkocjasid said:

Disaster for Kent!

If they had signed Ablett then one of him Hagon or Mulford would have to be in the team proper and that would be a challenge.

10 hours ago, HGould said:

Wonder if Kemp will be back for another short NDL season?

I d completley ruled him out in my mind, but now with only 12 NL fixtures and no filler matches. Another season at Kent may just fit the bill nicely for Drew.

19 hours ago, GWC said:

If they had signed Ablett then one of him Hagon or Mulford would have to be in the team proper and that would be a challenge.

Depends on the opposition to a degree, against Belle Vue both second strings are "reserve standard"!

Doesn’t look like Danno Verge will be back on the Island unless they are happy to leave well over a point on their team average to play with. Could well be on his way back to Kent...

Sam Hagon is certainly the best of the the emerging youth riders although partly because the others have already moved up but there won't be many riders with better NDL equipment than him. Ablitt has been too used to winning and his temperament suffers when he gets beaten but hopefully he will return a better rider for the learning experience and will be a good asset for Mildenhall. I think its the end of the line for Danno, been through too many clubs and often leaves under a slight cloud plus his average has peaked and even the loyal IOW can't see much more to come from him. 

Wonder when Kent name the rest of the NDL team?

When do fixtures come out?

And when are admission prices/ST etc announced?

That all! :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Wonder when Kent name the rest of the NDL team?

When do fixtures come out?

And when are admission prices/ST etc announced?

That all! :D

Not to mention which team will be called The Kings and what the other team will be called.

54 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Not to mention which team will be called The Kings and what the other team will be called.

A phone call from a friend who seems to get all the latest news, told me that there is to be a competition among local schools in Kent

to decide the name of the National League team.  Has anyone else heard that news ?  And is it true ?