British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

3 hours ago, flipper11 said:

John sampford was Kent’s team manager for the 1st and I think 2nd season before  Chris Hunt took over. He has spent his time since then as Len’s chauffeur  going to almost every away match, so I think he is pretty clued up on all things Kent. 

What you would call a safe pair of hands.

And a jolly nice bloke he is too.

10 hours ago, Rebel1 said:

Sadly Rob as things stand it looks like 'Rockets' have retired to the big bang up above. My first smell of dope was at the Weir and I am quite content to follow the sport at Central Park, at least I am still able to watch on a weekly basis.

I was briefly involved in a serious attempt to relaunch the Rockets last year. The situation is far more optimistic than people might think. We had agreement to run at one point before a change of mind by BMR. 

Looking on now from the sidelines and having seen the demolition work at the stadium I suspect once the work is completed that speedway will be back. It's far too easy to spread doom and gloom on this forum, often based on honest opinion but lacking in direct knowledge or involvement. If you do have such knowledge then I will bow to it. If not, it does no good to spread despair at the situation.

I'd say it all depends on the exit of BMR from the stadium and the kart people wanting to put their new asset to its most logical use.. Now, back to matters Kentish.

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 4

On 1/7/2020 at 8:38 AM, East End Fan said:

But your comment in the previous posting was not funny in any way. It simply implied that the competition to name the

team was a fiddle. It was not a joke, so I did not laugh.

It made me laugh so I’d deem it as funny

• Like 1

Why is the Kent line up such a secret?

Well there plenty of riders out there to pick that for sure .

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 8:39 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

I was briefly involved in a serious attempt to relaunch the Rockets last year. The situation is far more optimistic than people might think. We had agreement to run at one point before a change of mind by BMR. 

Looking on now from the sidelines and having seen the demolition work at the stadium I suspect once the work is completed that speedway will be back. It's far too easy to spread doom and gloom on this forum, often based on honest opinion but lacking in direct knowledge or involvement. If you do have such knowledge then I will bow to it. If not, it does no good to spread despair at the situation.

I'd say it all depends on the exit of BMR from the stadium and the kart people wanting to put their new asset to its most logical use.. Now, back to matters Kentish.

All is far from lost at Rye House. The Car Park has been completely re-laid with tiles (at a great expense) and there are major plans to work on the stadium. The fact is that the site is now owned by the Kart people and not got a Bellway sign up should tell you a lot.

Edited by Rayleigh
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

All is far from lost at Rye House. The Car Park has been completely re-laid with tiles (at a great expense) and there are major plans to work on the stadium. The fact is that the site is now owned by the Kart people and not got a Bellway sign up should tell you a lot.

Be great to have Rye House back at some point soon.

Question is, at what level would you see them coming back, especially if rumours of no NDL in 2021 are correct?

13 minutes ago, HGould said:

Question is, at what level would you see them coming back, especially if rumours of no NDL in 2021 are correct?

Cant speculate but what has actually be done is impressive and the Kart track is kept very smart, so lets just hope we can get speedway back. There are people who have still not given up.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 10:20 AM, blueherb777 said:

Why is the Kent line up such a secret?

That's a good question. It's a bit confusing that most clubs have announced all, or very nearly all, of their teams and then a few who have named nobody (or nearly, in  the case of Kent NDL). It's the promoter's right to make public the riders he has signed in any way he wants, of course. But this lack of news is annoying to me and the clubs involved don't include my own. If it was my own team I'd be well past the daily look up routine by now. "Just let me know when the team is complete. I've got better things to do with my time" might be the fans response.

It does seem / feel strange from Kent. I fear for this level that there could be some riders signed up already and it has left hands tied with available points left over? I can't see Mulford anywhere other than Kent, Clouting likely also as looks strong value on a shade over 3. Can Jenkins & Kemp be without places likewise the ever present Spooner? If so the side might not possess the power of recent seasons and despite decent home advantage it could be a rel feeling of a 2nd side at Kent (TBC) this season.

• Like 1

Len will use the NDL for what it is and not worry about the strength of the team.

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

That's a good question. It's a bit confusing that most clubs have announced all, or very nearly all, of their teams and then a few who have named nobody (or nearly, in  the case of Kent NDL). It's the promoter's right to make public the riders he has signed in any way he wants, of course. But this lack of news is annoying to me and the clubs involved don't include my own. If it was my own team I'd be well past the daily look up routine by now. "Just let me know when the team is complete. I've got better things to do with my time" might be the fans response.

I’m a Kent fan & you are spot on.

I understand they are trying to work around both teams racing on a Wednesday but come on it don’t take a lot to let the fans no what’s going on even if no riders names are given out. I would take it that either the promotion don’t care about the NL team or don’t care about the supporters. 

• Like 1

May it be that step up to Championship has been given 100% focus and once they have them Fixtures sorted then they will focus on NDL and see who is available and prepared to commit for just 5-6 home NL Matches and same away.

May be if they are going to run Wednesday's in NDL too that with 4 CL Teams and guys like Kemp/Thomas/Stoneman/Jenkins riding for another  CL Team(s) they are struggling to find heat leaders?

As I said previously, the ndl team will now play second fiddle to the Kent team. A shame because they have picked up one of the best 3 point reserves in the league. 

11 hours ago, HGould said:

Word is there’ll be MORE NDL teams in 2021 not less, as it goes more back to its development league roots