British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

On 2/20/2020 at 12:00 PM, IronScorpion said:

Hawks, any chance of changing the header to Kent Royals NDL 2020

Be interesting to find out what most fans think of the new name ?  Personally, Iike the obvious connection to the Kings.

37 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Be interesting to find out what most fans think of the new name ?  Personally, Iike the obvious connection to the Kings.

Fingers crossed Jacob has a decent season, would be handy for the headlines if he dishes out a Royal Clouting.......

36 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Decent enough nickname.  Royals doesn't sound too silly, and ties in to the Kings name.

"Kent Royals" is OK.   However if the team had been in Sussex, there might have been some objections from the very top!

personally i have always thought there should be a strong link between the names of any senior and junior sides , was delighted when the mavericks became the hornets , but i also like the alliteration side aswell so luckily for you kents fans i'm not in charge as they would have been the kent coronets  .

4 hours ago, gee jay said:

personally i have always thought there should be a strong link between the names of any senior and junior sides , was delighted when the mavericks became the hornets , but i also like the alliteration side aswell so luckily for you kents fans i'm not in charge as they would have been the kent coronets  .

That's because we have "Kind Hearts".

• Like 1

Very interesting how up to date this thread is.  Been through every team on the NL thread and not a single mention of

Coronavirus !   How out of date is that ?   No Speedway at least until mid April, and maybe not then.

Not so sure Kent and other teams that have two teams will be able to fore fill all meetings?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

Not so sure Kent and other teams that have two teams will be able to fore fill all meetings?

must be a doubt

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

must be a doubt

The National league looks in trouble to me. There wasn't enough fixtures for the stand alone clubs to start with.

11 hours ago, cityrebel said:

The National league looks in trouble to me. There wasn't enough fixtures for the stand alone clubs to start with.

Given the virus situation and grave warnings from Boris, I don't think the stand alone clubs have any more to worry about than anyone else.

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

Given the virus situation and grave warnings from Boris, I don't think the stand alone clubs have any more to worry about than anyone else.

Less fixtures to fit in, if and when we start.

I would be shocked if we get any kind of competitive speedway this year....

• Sad 2

50 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

I would be shocked if we get any kind of competitive speedway this year....

Think you could be right...was so looking forward to see Championship speedway at CP!

4 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Think you could be right...was so looking forward to see Championship speedway at CP!

Early days yet.  The virus should start diminishing by about July/August so, with any luck, there will be a few meetings before

Winter sets in...that is my hope anyway.

Even if racing does go ahead I wonder how many fans would risk being in close proximity on the terraces? I would be doubtful of the virus being eradicated even when the powers that be say it is safe to proceed. Hong Kong thought it was clear and then it erupted with 40+ cases last week. They have closed all borders now but here we still keep getting immigrants crossing from who knows where.