British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

On 7/29/2020 at 5:32 PM, cityrebel said:

Hopefully it will.

What changes would you like to see ??  Has to be some doubt about certain overseas riders and availability. Already doubt about Nico Covatti

in the Kent side I believe.  Seems he only wants to race at week-ends in Italy. He would not be the only one, I'm sure, unless there is a vaccine

On TV last night the programme about vaccines suggested that clinical trials were already taking place.

21 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

What changes would you like to see ??  Has to be some doubt about certain overseas riders and availability. Already doubt about Nico Covatti

in the Kent side I believe.  Seems he only wants to race at week-ends in Italy. He would not be the only one, I'm sure, unless there is a vaccine

On TV last night the programme about vaccines suggested that clinical trials were already taking place.

I can't see any professional speedway taking place in this country until a vaccine is in place, or the virus is in world wide decline.

On 8/4/2020 at 2:19 PM, cityrebel said:

I can't see any professional speedway taking place in this country until a vaccine is in place, or the virus is in world wide decline.

Agree with that 100%

On 8/9/2020 at 4:29 PM, East End Fan said:

Agree with that 100%

First day of the new 3 tier regulations and the first day of a vaccine being approved.  Best news the spot has ever had. Back to normality

in 2021.  Cannot wait to get the jab !  My arm is ready !

Have not heard a word about any National League action at Kent this season. Has the plan to run two teams been abandoned ?

Pleased to see some action might be taking place to bring back my 1st love, the Hammers, as reported in Speedway Star.

Does anyone on this forum know anything positive about it ?

8 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Have not heard a word about any National League action at Kent this season. Has the plan to run two teams been abandoned ?

Pleased to see some action might be taking place to bring back my 1st love, the Hammers, as reported in Speedway Star.

Does anyone on this forum know anything positive about it ?

I am sure the Royals will race if given go ahead.

Sure I read that Rob can do the NL but not the Championship?

Expect Daniel will spearhead team...also with Mulford and Spooner?

12 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

I wouldn't blame clubs for not running two teams. It's a big financial gamble in the current climate.

13 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Is that an official statement, or just your opinion ?

10 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Is that an official statement, or just your opinion ?

Sure the Rob situation was written by Club somewhere.

If the NL gets go ahead....Kent must race in it otherwise there will hardly be any Clubs in it...and where would that leave Mildenhall ans IOW?

Alex Spooner on Facebook saying he has no team place for 2021.

1 minute ago, Dickie Head said:

Alex Spooner on Facebook saying he has no team place for 2021.

Just seen that...surprised.Also means Kent know their team....wonder when the League details/teams will be announced?

42 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Just seen that...surprised.Also means Kent know their team....wonder when the League details/teams will be announced?

Kent either know their team and the limit has been reduced or know there is no team which would be a huge shock. Its more likely the former as Gilkes, Mulford, Ledwith are all unlikely to be left out.

16 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Kent either know their team and the limit has been reduced or know there is no team which would be a huge shock. Its more likely the former as Gilkes, Mulford, Ledwith are all unlikely to be left out.

Alex`s text says cannot fit in the team....sure there will be a Royal team.

• Like 1

As Leicester have announced today there has been a significant drop in the points limit which has meant that Leicester now cannot include Danyon Hume, So Kent and others will be in the same situation and having to drop a rider at the top end of the team and replace them with a 3-4 point rider the idea is so that NL can develop and have team places for youngsters & new starters to the sport. 

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2021 at 1:19 PM, flagrag said:

As Leicester have announced today there has been a significant drop in the points limit which has meant that Leicester now cannot include Danyon Hume, So Kent and others will be in the same situation and having to drop a rider at the top end of the team and replace them with a 3-4 point rider the idea is so that NL can develop and have team places for youngsters & new starters to the sport. 

Everyone is much better informed than I am.  But it does look as if Kent will run in the National League.