British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

12 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Everyone is much better informed than I am.  But it does look as if Kent will run in the National League.

Royals fixtures published including an away date at Newcastle so looks like they are in the League properly and not just the trophy campaign? With only 3 available reserved dates pre-cut off for two sides it seems a push? and if both teams make the play offs (if they bother with NDL play offs) there will be many fingers crossed for a long dry summer

59 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Royals fixtures published including an away date at Newcastle so looks like they are in the League properly and not just the trophy campaign? With only 3 available reserved dates pre-cut off for two sides it seems a push? and if both teams make the play offs (if they bother with NDL play offs) there will be many fingers crossed for a long dry summer

It has The Newcastle match as a challenge on the Kent website.

• Thanks 1

This team fits:

Kent

1 Dan Gilkes 8.00

2 Jordan Jenkins 6.55

3 Rob Ledwith 5.93

4 Luke Harris 5.36

5 Jacob Clouting 3.16

6 Jake Mulford 3.00

7 Sam Hagon 3.00

Total 35.00

• Like 1

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

This team fits:

Kent

1 Dan Gilkes 8.00

2 Jordan Jenkins 6.55

3 Rob Ledwith 5.93

4 Luke Harris 5.36

5 Jacob Clouting 3.16

6 Jake Mulford 3.00

7 Sam Hagon 3.00

Total 35.00

I was told that Jordan Jenkins had gone to Mildenhall.  Never seen Luke Harris linked with Kent before. Is that a fact ?

6 hours ago, East End Fan said:

I was told that Jordan Jenkins had gone to Mildenhall.  Never seen Luke Harris linked with Kent before. Is that a fact ?

Luke used to ride for kent didn't he? :blink:

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

This team fits:

Kent

1 Dan Gilkes 8.00

2 Jordan Jenkins 6.55

3 Rob Ledwith 5.93

4 Luke Harris 5.36

5 Jacob Clouting 3.16

6 Jake Mulford 3.00

7 Sam Hagon 3.00

Total 35.00

Whether you are spot on or not.....well done for getting a team with exactly 35.00!  

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Luke used to ride for kent didn't he? :blink:

Yes....I think 2014.

That team would take some stopping too be fair and looks much stronger than anything built so far. Not sure if the bridges are still burned for Harris as Len doesn't forgive easily and was upset when Luke declined to be a club asset. 

43 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

That team would take some stopping too be fair and looks much stronger than anything built so far. Not sure if the bridges are still burned for Harris as Len doesn't forgive easily and was upset when Luke declined to be a club asset. 

Agree that team would be the team to beat...all riders could put a point or two on their average.Also agree not sure we would see Harris back?

I feel Harris is unlikely but equally it would be foolish to release Spooner without a replacement in mind / lined up unless there are multiple changes which again feels unlikely. I guessing as IOW have only just withdrawn it won't be Campos, King and Wirtzfeld deserve a chance somewhere but given the other teams maybe Kent will be bold an add another 3.00 pointer

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I feel Harris is unlikely but equally it would be foolish to release Spooner without a replacement in mind / lined up unless there are multiple changes which again feels unlikely. I guessing as IOW have only just withdrawn it won't be Campos, King and Wirtzfeld deserve a chance somewhere but given the other teams maybe Kent will be bold an add another 3.00 pointer

Which other 3.00ers are around and about who don't have NL team spots already who are good enough for the chance? New faces who have never ridden the leagues before

8 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Which other 3.00ers are around and about who don't have NL team spots already who are good enough for the chance? New faces who have never ridden the leagues before

Based upon the MDL averages and riders who have never had a full time team spot  the following could all hold their own in the current league and most are higher average rated than others either signed for this season or previous ones. James Laker, Chris Watts, Saul Bulley, Danny Woodward, Luke Muff and James Chattin

7 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Based upon the MDL averages and riders who have never had a full time team spot  the following could all hold their own in the current league and most are higher average rated than others either signed for this season or previous ones. James Laker, Chris Watts, Saul Bulley, Danny Woodward, Luke Muff and James Chattin

So effectively Kent could go with

1. 8.94

2. Jacob Clouting 3.13

3. Dan Gilkes 8.00

4. Jake Mulford 3.00

5. Rob Ledwith 5.93

6. Sam Hagon 3.00

7. James Laker 3.00

Ben Wilson? 8.93... Dunno if he has any connections with Kent. Josh Bailey and Mark Baseby also fit, if they are making comebacks? Hmmm

Edit: JACK THOMAS 8.44??? WHAT A TEAM

Edited by Dandelion

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

So effectively Kent could go with

1. 8.94

2. Jacob Clouting 3.13

3. Dan Gilkes 8.00

4. Jake Mulford 3.00

5. Rob Ledwith 5.93

6. Sam Hagon 3.00

7. James Laker 3.00

Ben Wilson? 8.93... Dunno if he has any connections with Kent. Josh Bailey and Mark Baseby also fit, if they are making comebacks? Hmmm

Edit: JACK THOMAS 8.44??? WHAT A TEAM

I’m sure Spooner will be back. 

Clouting looking for a team place so wholesale changes are occurring. Shame for Jacob as he deserved a decent run in the team.