British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

46 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think Kent are hoping for the usual mass turn outs on the bank holiday meetings. pack in £1000+ for these at £15 a head for NL and they will be in a strong position, get a rain off on either of these and there could be trouble. Kent have returned a profit every year so know the total footfall they need across a season to make it pay.  I just hope that widening the gulf in class in leagues so drastically for just a £3 difference could see very small crowds at Kent especially at the end of the season.

I think championship crowds will be really good, but think NL crowds will be pretty low even bank holiday ones, hope I'm wrong, want all clubs to at least  break even.

4 hours ago, gazzac said:

I think championship crowds will be really good, but think NL crowds will be pretty low even bank holiday ones, hope I'm wrong, want all clubs to at least  break even.

I think it is very bold of Kent to operate two teams. It shows a policy of growing their own riders for the future. Riders like Gilkes and Mulford and for me that holds

great interest as we watch them improving.  To a degree ( and only my personal opinion) the price of admission is not a factor in deciding. whether I attend or not.

I am fortunate in having enough to be able to afford to go.  If I did not have the money, a £10 admission would still be too much. For me, a good night out for £20.

48 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I think it is very bold of Kent to operate two teams. It shows a policy of growing their own riders for the future. Riders like Gilkes and Mulford and for me that holds

great interest as we watch them improving.  To a degree ( and only my personal opinion) the price of admission is not a factor in deciding. whether I attend or not.

I am fortunate in having enough to be able to afford to go.  If I did not have the money, a £10 admission would still be too much. For me, a good night out for £20.

Good points and I'm in the same fortunate position, but if Mum Dad and 2 Kids could go for say £25, that may bring more in, and hopefully  some newbies, or am I hoping for something that has passed into history and its only us 'older' fans who would go at either price? 

Edited by gazzac

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Good points and I'm in the same fortunate position, but if Mum Dad and 2 Kids could go for say £25, that may bring more in, and hopefully  some newbies, or am I hoping for something that has passed into history and its only us 'older' fans who would go at either price? 

Glad to hear that I am not the only one !  Aren't kids free at Sittingbourne ?  Must help a bit.  My thoughts might have been different if I had to stand

up all evening.

We have two new youngsters this year, Jamie Bursill, who I believe has ridden for IOW and Josh Warren who is something to do with Danny King.

I can't seem to find out much about these two.   Has anyone actually seen either of them action ?  Or knows anything more about them ?

If either or both of them start scoring points early on, I think this team could take some beating. Eastbourne are looking good with Knight as an

outstanding number One. Matches against the Sussex side will be among he best to be seen, I think.

On 3/26/2021 at 2:09 PM, East End Fan said:

My first post for a while as just moved and no internet.

Agree EEF that the price would not stop me going...but I still think NDL is a £10 meeting.

For myself I am really looking forward to the Championship...very much doubt I will go to any NDL meetings (never say never though). :D

16 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

My first post for a while as just moved and no internet.

Agree EEF that the price would not stop me going...but I still think NDL is a £10 meeting.

For myself I am really looking forward to the Championship...very much doubt I will go to any NDL meetings (never say never though). :D

Like, I think, lots of fans, the weekly "fix" of racing is important to me.  I know that some tracks have big gaps between meetings and one of the

best things since I started to drive down the M2 is that it is every week.  If Kent only did Championship that would not happen IMO.

7 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Like, I think, lots of fans, the weekly "fix" of racing is important to me.  I know that some tracks have big gaps between meetings and one of the

best things since I started to drive down the M2 is that it is every week.  If Kent only did Championship that would not happen IMO.

As I said...never say never...the Royals could be at home and weather lovely so I may well go. :D

9 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

As I said...never say never...the Royals could be at home and weather lovely so I may well go. :D

You make quick decisions then ?

14 hours ago, East End Fan said:

You make quick decisions then ?

With Speedway if the forecast is dodgy...I give it a miss...too many trips to meetings that either did not take place or ended early.

2 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

With Speedway if the forecast is dodgy...I give it a miss...too many trips to meetings that either did not take place or ended early.

Likewise and this is what concerns me about the now mandatory ticket booking in advance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Likewise and this is what concerns me about the now mandatory ticket booking in advance. 

What done it for me was a meeting at Lakeside a few years ago,dodgy forecast meeting started but did not finish because of torrential rain.It rained so hard we delayed going back to car,and when we did the car park was flooded! :D

Yes this mandatory advance ticket booking is going to make  it impossible for last minute decisions on attending due to weather.

Not sure how late in the day you will be able to book online tickets ... but if the cut off is days before the meeting this will deter some folks from booking tickets.

Like  blueherb777, I have been bitten once too often to even consider travelling with a dodgy weather forecast. A shower of rain nowadays and meetings are OFF. 

• Like 1

I'd be more inclined to gamble for Championship meetings at Kent. It's something new compared to the National League.

9 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

What done it for me was a meeting at Lakeside a few years ago,dodgy forecast meeting started but did not finish because of torrential rain.It rained so hard we delayed going back to car,and when we did the car park was flooded! :D

Happy memories of Lakeside ! In spite of my love for the Hammers, the stadium was so basic that if the weather looked slightly doubtful, I stayed

at home.  So I was not there when the car park was flooded. Since going to Sittingbourne, every meeting that I attended was completed except for one

and that was down to the curfew and the opposition deliberately delaying things ( I think it was Cradley).  So bad weather has not stopped me going.

The car park at Lakeside could get very muddy sometimes.