KENT ROYALS 2020

26 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

But in practice, a curfew when it suits Len to get the result he wants

:angry: What are you talking about????

There's a curfew...end of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Only the most biased of fans ( from Eastbourne ?) could make such a stupid statement.  I have NEVER seen any sort of delaying tactics by the

Kent management, far from it.    But it has been seen more than once by visiting team managers and riders and it is disgraceful. I am amazed

that there is not some sort of official punishment for those that indulge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Wow... always up for a reasoned and rational debate however when you get comments like this it's difficult to know where to start!

2 hours ago, AndyO said:

Wow... always up for a reasoned and rational debate however when you get comments like this it's difficult to know where to start!

Match continued after curfew time.

Match continued after curfew time.

So your complaint is what? That the council didn't close down the speedway? Is that what you want?

8 hours ago, arnieg said:

So your complaint is what? That the council didn't close down the speedway? Is that what you want?

My complaint is Kent Speedway picking and choosing when to implement the curfew. 

Seems to me that the word curfew needs no room for interpretation, no latitude.

Actually, by going over the 8.30pm deadline, Kent Speedway put themselves at risk and probably gave ammunition to the people who oppose the operation.

24 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

My complaint is Kent Speedway picking and choosing when to implement the curfew. 

Actually, by going over the 8.30pm deadline, Kent Speedway put themselves at risk and probably gave ammunition to the people who oppose the operation.

But that wouldn't have been an issue if Eastbourne had cooperated in getting on with the meeting.

You come across like a whiny child who has been caught cheating complaining that "it's not fair"

So how long after the curfew was this?

I have only been to meetings that stopped on time or just a few minutes over!

3 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

So how long after the curfew was this?

I have only been to meetings that stopped on time or just a few minutes over!

Cant remember but it was significant. I can accept allowing a race which is under way to finish but this started after curfew time.

You can bet the anti residents 'clocked' it.

Dangerous precedent set.

14 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Cant remember but it was significant. I can accept allowing a race which is under way to finish but this started after curfew time.

Dangerous precedent set.

I have a vague recollection of the evening and do remember Len going rogue on that occasions but not by what degree. In fairness the anti residents log complaints throughout the winter and whenever there is a rain off so the validity of those is extremely questionable. Given the Council are the current owners of the facility they are not overly helpful for its usage and would be left with a heck of a white elephant if Speedway and Greyhounds walked away.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I have a vague recollection of the evening and do remember Len going rogue on that occasions but not by what degree. In fairness the anti residents log complaints throughout the winter and whenever there is a rain off so the validity of those is extremely questionable. Given the Council are the current owners of the facility they are not overly helpful for its usage and would be left with a heck of a white elephant if Speedway and Greyhounds walked away.

Are we talking about Kent/Sittinbourne ? If so i have been informed today that the Stadium has been sold by Roger Cearns to ARC racing, see link.

https://www.arenaracingcompany.co.uk/media-centre/news/greyhounds/arc-agrees-to-acquire-cearnsport-ltd

Edited by heathen52
  • Thanks 1

Start Heat One bang on the start time advertised.

And then have every heat starting 3 mins from the last finishing..

(A 3 minute warning goes on as soon as the last rider completes the circuit in the previous race)..

At most tracks, a race is around a minute so that's circa 15 mins racing and 42 mins of gaps between races from Heat One finish to Heat 15 start.

Ten mins interval and ten mins of post meeting laps of honour and interviews, and all done and dusted in just over an hour and a quarter...

Follow the Polish starting rules to ensure each race starts on time..

You may have delays obviously due to crashes, but given a clear run, no meeting should "over run"...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Dangerous precedent set.

Since speedway started at Central Park there has only been one occasion where the curfew was broken, against your team Eastbourne. You must be so proud of the rediculous display by the Eastbourne Management and team to try every trick in the book to delay the meeting to stop Kent winning that you are prepared to bring the subject back up years later.

It wound Len up that much he was prepared to face a back lash from the planners by going over the curfew limit. 

Obviously the Eastbourne supporters must like that type of pathetic behaviour but I don't believe the new Eastbourne management & riders will stoop that low again.

6 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Since speedway started at Central Park there has only been one occasion where the curfew was broken, against your team Eastbourne. You must be so proud of the rediculous display by the Eastbourne Management and team to try every trick in the book to delay the meeting to stop Kent winning that you are prepared to bring the subject back up years later.

It wound Len up that much he was prepared to face a back lash from the planners by going over the curfew limit. 

Obviously the Eastbourne supporters must like that type of pathetic behaviour but I don't believe the new Eastbourne management & riders will stoop that low again.

So the curfew applies when Kent want it to, or not if they want. 

Just now, Richard Weston said:

So the curfew applies when Kent want it to, or not if they want. And it wasn’t me who brought up the curfew question in the first place.