British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

15 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

So the curfew applies when Kent want it to, or not if they want. 

So your argument is ....it was ok for Eagles to cheat!

But not alright to try and do something to stop

the cheating?????:blink::unsure:

3 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

So your argument is ....it was ok for Eagles to cheat!

But not alright to try and do something to stop

the cheating?????:blink::unsure:

You say it was cheating. I call it gamesmanship.

Kent broke planning law that could have jeopardised the whole operation. 

Huge difference.

25 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

You say it was cheating. I call it gamesmanship.

Kent broke planning law that could have jeopardised the whole operation. 

Huge difference.

Gamesmanship/cheating....all the same!

Winds supporters up when it is so obvious.

Just shows how mad Len was to do it!

20 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Gamesmanship/cheating....all the same!

Winds supporters up when it is so obvious.

Just shows how mad Len was to do it!

The blatancy of that night was pretty galling and amusing at the same time. The rivalry between Kent and Eastbourne that has built over the years is a fire that Len has happily stoked, these events and dramas just build up the matches between the teams, adds the atmosphere and ultimately boosts ticket sales. 

Meetings at Kent need a strong referee to keep them moving early one, a sensible interval, the two minutes to incorporate any gardening time and as few instances of RR as possible. I have no idea if the CL matches are going to run smoother or be more chaotic ?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The blatancy of that night was pretty galling and amusing at the same time. The rivalry between Kent and Eastbourne that has built over the years is a fire that Len has happily stoked, these events and dramas just build up the matches between the teams, adds the atmosphere and ultimately boosts ticket sales. 

Meetings at Kent need a strong referee to keep them moving early one, a sensible interval, the two minutes to incorporate any gardening time and as few instances of RR as possible. I have no idea if the CL matches are going to run smoother or be more chaotic ?

Doesn't always happen as we know, but all referees should be strong enough to move the meeting along at a sensible pace, do think the CL matches should run smoother with less re runs etc with the level being a bit higher (hopefully anyway). Len certainly stoked the fire, but Connor Dugard was certainly not averse to throwing fuel on it, especially for a 'new' team manager. Those years in the NL at the higher level at that time were pretty exciting though one way or another, curfew shenanigans or not.

• Like 2

It's not all down to the referee though is it, the pits staff need to be on the ball as well. Far too many riders don't arrive at the tapes until the 2 minutes is about to expire. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mikebv said:

Start Heat One bang on the start time advertised.

And then have every heat starting 3 mins from the last finishing..

(A 3 minute warning goes on as soon as the last rider completes the circuit in the previous race)..

At most tracks, a race is around a minute so that's circa 15 mins racing and 42 mins of gaps between races from Heat One finish to Heat 15 start.

Ten mins interval and ten mins of post meeting laps of honour and interviews, and all done and dusted in just over an hour and a quarter...

Follow the Polish starting rules to ensure each race starts on time..

You may have delays obviously due to crashes, but given a clear run, no meeting should "over run"...

Since Arena closed and I became more regular at Sittingbourne, I have noted that every meeting ( apart from a couple of odd exceptions) starts

dead on at 6.30.  Any delays are caused by riders falling and the like.  Most weeks I am leaving the stadium car park before 8.30 and on odd occasions 

as early as 8,15, and that includes a fairly long interval when a lot of track grading/watering is done, always after heat 10. ( I believe that is when a result is called).

So I agree with mikebv

I have just heard that ALL Kent riders are booked for a team practice day at a Midlands track. Does anyone know where and when ?

4 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I have just heard that ALL Kent riders are booked for a team practice day at a Midlands track. Does anyone know where and when ?

There is only one track in the Midlands that run practice that's Leicester not sure when.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

There is only one track in the Midlands that run practice that's Leicester not sure when.

I think it was last week?

6 hours ago, AndyO said:

I think it was last week?

If that had been the case, I am sure we would have had some sort of reports by now.  Leicester sounds likely, but could it be Scunny ?

16 hours ago, East End Fan said:

If that had been the case, I am sure we would have had some sort of reports by now.  Leicester sounds likely, but could it be Scunny ?

I guess you are right... I do think it was definitely due to be at Leicester though...

22 hours ago, East End Fan said:

If that had been the case, I am sure we would have had some sort of reports by now.  

Perhaps the PR man couldn't go.

On 4/25/2021 at 9:41 AM, AndyO said:

I guess you are right... I do think it was definitely due to be at Leicester though...

I was told yesterday that Kent riders had been in action at Kings Lynn a few days ago.  May not be true. Probably just a guess.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, East End Fan said:

I was told yesterday that Kent riders had been in action at Kings Lynn a few days ago.  May not be true. Probably just a guess.

That clears that up then. :)