British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

Strange replacement at Kent with Couzins out after just i meeting / 3 rides.  Dugard may be carrying a little more form than any of the Kent bottom three performers but i would have expected Jamie's experience to have helped keep his team place and would have looked more of a threat at reserve than Warren.

5 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Strange replacement at Kent with Couzins out after just i meeting / 3 rides.  Dugard may be carrying a little more form than any of the Kent bottom three performers but i would have expected Jamie's experience to have helped keep his team place and would have looked more of a threat at reserve than Warren.

Jamie had a nasty crash in the opening race at Lydd on Sunday. I'm not sure if it has led to the team change.

1 minute ago, cityrebel said:

Jamie had a nasty crash in the opening race at Lydd on Sunday. I'm not sure if it has led to the team change.

He did and im not sure Len would have been overly happy to receive that phone call but Kelsey was also rattling around at that meeting so the wheels have been in motion a while.

Are the wheels / commitment starting to fall off this Kent team? Mulford can ride when he wants and chosing a grasstrack meeting tomorrow over speedway tonight, Dugard opted to pit at Eastbourne rather than previous meeting at Mildenhall.  Kent made hard work of beating a 4 man Seagulls team tonight. Slip up like that could have meant no chance towards the end of season run in and no hopes of being top will do nothing but harm Kents crowds on already tricky September evenings 

Still it’s an away win against a title contender S4K!

Royals must be title favourites now??

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Are the wheels / commitment starting to fall off this Kent team? Mulford can ride when he wants and chosing a grasstrack meeting tomorrow over speedway tonight, Dugard opted to pit at Eastbourne rather than previous meeting at Mildenhall.  Kent made hard work of beating a 4 man Seagulls team tonight. Slip up like that could have meant no chance towards the end of season run in and no hopes of being top will do nothing but harm Kents crowds on already tricky September evenings 

Well, Doom and Gloom Sings...They didn't slip-up did they ?

This NDL is all a bit "Mickey Mouse"  cannot really be taken seriously when most of the teams seem to regard it as a chance for some practice.

Would have no problems with that if it were free to watch ...... but some think its worth £15 a meeting  :-( :-(  

Yesterday evenings affair between half a team of seasulls and a royals team missing one their key  riders, totally unsatisfactory for the fans who paid good money expectiong to watch 2 teams of 7 riders.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

This NDL is all a bit "Mickey Mouse"  cannot really be taken seriously when most of the teams seem to regard it as a chance for some practice.

Would have no problems with that if it were free to watch ...... but some think its worth £15 a meeting  :-( :-(  

Yesterday evenings affair between half a team of seasulls and a royals team missing one their key  riders, totally unsatisfactory for the fans who paid good money expectiong to watch 2 teams of 7 riders.

Were you at Arlington Old Bob ?   Why do I doubt it ?

4 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

When the powers that be treat it as a training territory rather than a proper league, what do you expect? The difficult was the team’s within it were treating it as a 3rd tier and the pricing structure, especially Kent’s, reflected that. But we know that nothing in any walk of life ever goes down in price, just the product on offer declines!

• Like 1

Jake Mulford must be delighted missing the Eastbourne fixture and rocking the boat further. 1 race at a soaking wet grasstrack and didnt even get away from the start line.....definitely worth jeopardising his Speedway place.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Jake Mulford must be delighted missing the Eastbourne fixture and rocking the boat further. 1 race at a soaking wet grasstrack and didnt even get away from the start line.....definitely worth jeopardising his Speedway place.

It now means he’ll stay at reserve for Berwick away. Maybe they thought that was an easier meeting on palate than Eastbourne away?

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

It now means he’ll stay at reserve for Berwick away. Maybe they thought that was an easier meeting on palate than Eastbourne away?

I don't think NDL speedway is top of Jakes radar despite it being what has put his name out there. He was due to be at a grasstrack double header over the weekend, it turned into a single meeting with decent notice but still didn't fancy the return journeys to switch bikes. There is no doubting his talents at reserve but i fear the bonds between club and rider are becoming frayed. 

There is no doubting his talents at reserve but i fear the bonds between club and rider are becoming frayed. 

Why is that? Is it because they haven't used him in enough Championship meetings?

19 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

I'd paid my £18 online to watch the Scunny match expecting Adam Ellis to be there, still went and enjoyed 2 cracking meetings for £18.

If that's not value, I don't know what is?

• Like 2