British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

2 minutes ago, HGould said:

I'd paid my £18 online to watch the Scunny match expecting Adam Ellis to be there, still went and enjoyed 2 cracking meetings for £18.

If that's not value, I don't know what is?

Sadly though that highlights the difference and value between the two clubs. £18 online advance ticket (£20 on the door) for a CL/NDL double header at Eastbourne versus £18 for just CL at Kent or £15 for just NDL. On that basis you either enjoyed the NDL match for free or paid just £3 more to watch a CL match. Different venue, same product but where's the sense?

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Sadly though that highlights the difference and value between the two clubs. £18 online advance ticket (£20 on the door) for a CL/NDL double header at Eastbourne versus £18 for just CL at Kent or £15 for just NDL. On that basis you either enjoyed the NDL match for free or paid just £3 more to watch a CL match. Different venue, same product but where's the sense?

I think the difference is simple to see.  One is a week-end track with no restrictions, the other a Tuesday track with a strict and unreasonable curfew. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 5:06 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

This NDL is all a bit "Mickey Mouse"  cannot really be taken seriously when most of the teams seem to regard it as a chance for some practice.

Would have no problems with that if it were free to watch ...... but some think its worth £15 a meeting  :-( :-(  

Yesterday evenings affair between half a team of seasulls and a royals team missing one their key  riders, totally unsatisfactory for the fans who paid good money expectiong to watch 2 teams of 7 riders.

Jeez! Your comment above is absolute rubbish...

The NDL match was a more enjoyable match than the preceding Championship vs Scunny. It cost bugger all to watch and 80-90% of the crowd stayed for both matches

15 year old Vinnie Joe Foord certainly sets the pulses racing more than a bit; and the two sides were evenly matched as it went to a last heat decider.

Excellent entertainment (just a shame you weren't there to see it!) 

49 minutes ago, Mike.Butler said:

Jeez! Your comment above is absolute rubbish...

The NDL match was a more enjoyable match than the preceding Championship vs Scunny. It cost bugger all to watch and 80-90% of the crowd stayed for both matches

15 year old Vinnie Joe Foord certainly sets the pulses racing more than a bit; and the two sides were evenly matched as it went to a last heat decider.

Excellent entertainment (just a shame you weren't there to see it!) 

I was not able to see this match, but I have heard stuff about the 15 year old Vinnie Foord.  With any luck another bright young Brit has been discovered.

Good result for Kent.

Have to say Mike.Butler, I always expect to pay  to watch 2  teams of 7 riders racing.  With the exception of the lad Lawrence last Saturday , seems that absences from taking part are rife.

Which led to my comment about the league being "Mickey Mouse"  The sort of behaviour you would expect in an Amateur speedway meeting at Lydd or Iwade.

Glad you found the meeting entertaining, and you clearly enjoy cheaper admission charges to your NDL racing than I am able to watch here in Kent.

On 7/26/2021 at 12:38 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

I don't think NDL speedway is top of Jakes radar despite it being what has put his name out there. He was due to be at a grasstrack double header over the weekend, it turned into a single meeting with decent notice but still didn't fancy the return journeys to switch bikes. There is no doubting his talents at reserve but i fear the bonds between club and rider are becoming frayed. 

Why is that? Is it because they haven't used him in enough Championship meetings?

17 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Best of luck to Mulford who moves up after all. 

Totally agree.  We all think he is not yet ready, but an exciting rider who will make it sooner or later.

On 8/1/2021 at 2:39 PM, East End Fan said:

Totally agree.  We all think he is not yet ready, but an exciting rider who will make it sooner or later.

Jake won his first race at Championship level on Tuesday, winning heat two from the back. Won the match for the Kings.

On 7/26/2021 at 12:55 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Eastbourne now seem to be in trouble for money, cancelling meetings and having riders missing for no apparent reason. Meanwhile we get no such vibe's from Kent.

Riders appear to be happy.  So what do you want ?  Cheap and shaky or a decent price but going strong ?  A no brainer for me.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Eastbourne now seem to be in trouble for money, cancelling meetings and having riders missing for no apparent reason. Meanwhile we get no such vibe's from Kent.

Riders appear to be happy.  So what do you want ?  Cheap and shaky or a decent price but going strong ?  A no brainer for me.

Not entirely sure thats true at Kent just not publicised.  Royals need a new rider and others are far from perky about the fixture list. 

Could be wildly wrong about figures being chucked around but big monies paid to the main side would be questionably maintainable. Easy to scoff at Eastbourne situation but i fear it will be hitting all clubs soon.

16 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not entirely sure thats true at Kent just not publicised.  Royals need a new rider and others are far from perky about the fixture list. 

Could be wildly wrong about figures being chucked around but big monies paid to the main side would be questionably maintainable. Easy to scoff at Eastbourne situation but i fear it will be hitting all clubs soon.

When I sit in the grandstand, I look around me and see lots of people at Central Park. Atmosphere is good and I never hear rumours of trouble.

As you say, Royals need a rider with Dugard retiring, but he is no great loss and I am sure that his place will be filled quickly.  The fixture list for the

Royals is not perfect, but this is and has been a strange season with 5 rain-offs, so no one is to blame for that.   I was not "scoffing" at the

Eastbourne situation, simply pointing out that their policy of cheap admission MAY be a partial cause of their problems.

With the Championship season almost over for Kent, we will now get back into National League racing again until the end

of October.  Hope the weather stays kind.  The Royals have a good side and will take some beating.  Daniel Gilkes and Jake

Mulford are mustard at this level and Ryan Kinsley is a Top guy too. All  worth watching and I am looking forward to it.

But I will miss Scott & Co with the big sweeps next to the air fence that take my breath away..

6 hours ago, East End Fan said:

With the Championship season almost over for Kent, we will now get back into National League racing again until the end

of October.  Hope the weather stays kind.  The Royals have a good side and will take some beating.  Daniel Gilkes and Jake

Mulford are mustard at this level and Ryan Kinsley is a Top guy too. All  worth watching and I am looking forward to it.

But I will miss Scott & Co with the big sweeps next to the air fence that take my breath away..

Kings might be in the playoffs yet!  :) 

• Haha 1