British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

Well well it’s pouring down hard here, and I would have no difficulty accepting a call off decision if it were made this morning….but maintain my position (applicable to ALL clubs) that there are far too many premature call offs - dependent on the  mythical “100% accurate” weather forecast. 

Edited by old bob at herne bay

10 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Well well it’s pouring down hard here, and I would have no difficulty accepting a call off decision if it were made this morning….but maintain my position (applicable to ALL clubs) that there are far too many premature call offs - dependent on the  mythical “100% accurate” weather forecast. 

Dear Old Bob.  Even when they get it right, he has to make them wrong.

So Kent have bumped Armadale Devils from 12th October for Leicester.  2nd time this year a Scottish team have been moved for a Leicester Team.

When and where this will take place still to be sorted out. 

53 minutes ago, edmon said:

So Kent have bumped Armadale Devils from 12th October for Leicester.  2nd time this year a Scottish team have been moved for a Leicester Team.

When and where this will take place still to be sorted out. 

Where did that news come from ?

50 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Where did that news come from ?

Leicester fixture advertised on Kent website.

maybe Armadale didnt want to travel all that way incase it gets rained off  

2 minutes ago, mac101 said:

maybe Armadale didnt want to travel all that way incase it gets rained off  

Not the case.  They were informed by Kent it was off.

Interesting if not random fixture change. Armadale  3rd in the NDL, Leicester at the bottom.  NDL  title chasers Mildenhall also to visit Kent in the last match of the season.

Maybe Len will bill the Leicester meeting as a wooden spoon decider ?

Maybe  my sparring partner East End Fan has a positive spin on this move?

On 10/5/2021 at 7:57 PM, edmon said:

Not the case.  They were informed by Kent it was off.

Surely both teams must have agreed to the switch.

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Interesting if not random fixture change. Armadale  3rd in the NDL, Leicester at the bottom.  NDL  title chasers Mildenhall also to visit Kent in the last match of the season.

Maybe Len will bill the Leicester meeting as a wooden spoon decider ?

Maybe  my sparring partner East End Fan has a positive spin on this move?

As I see it, the whole fixture chaos that currently exists is entirely down to the weather and no one can control that. Seems to me that our

club are doing their best to solve an insoluble problem so, whatever they do is wrong. As things stand I doubt if all the fixtures will be run.

As for the Leicester match, I am looking forward to seeing the Thompson twins and Vinnie Foord, for me the essence of what Speedway

is all about. New kids full, of enthusiasm and learning their trade. It's what I love the most.

3 hours ago, East End Fan said:

As I see it, the whole fixture chaos that currently exists is entirely down to the weather and no one can control that. Seems to me that our

club are doing their best to solve an insoluble problem so, whatever they do is wrong. As things stand I doubt if all the fixtures will be run.

As for the Leicester match, I am looking forward to seeing the Thompson twins and Vinnie Foord, for me the essence of what Speedway

is all about. New kids full, of enthusiasm and learning their trade. It's what I love the most.

The Leicester match is probably more saleable to fans, with the Thompson twins and a bigger named club. Realistically Kent know they’ll not run one home meeting so have picked the least enticing one on paper, and with zero chance of any away fans coming, to not run. 

• Like 1

Royals v Armadale now on 19th October. The Royals v Mildenhall home match will be away at Mildenhall on 24th October.

1 hour ago, flipper11 said:

Royals v Armadale now on 19th October. The Royals v Mildenhall home match will be away at Mildenhall on 24th October.

Mildenhall's title then

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Would have been better leaving for us as we are having to cancel cheap accommodation for more expensive :angry:.   And the same night as the GB v Poland meeting along the road in Glasgow, so that's £25 lost as have ticket booked. 

Edited by edmon
additional sentence