British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

meeting to go ahead as agreed at kent now 

In the interest of fairness yes it should be at Sittinbourne  If Mildenhall win so be it

Did they not think of moving another fixture which did not affect top of table to the other club stadium and did they ask approval to move to Mildenhall from the league top brass?

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the original decision to switch the meeting to West Row the good old BSPL are yet again the people sending the sport's credibility into the gutter.

Both clubs were in agreement and it doesn't seem that any other club objected?. But instead of a potential title decider in front of a possibly bumper crowd on a Sunday afternoon that would have given Mildenhall a well deserved revenue boost it's back to square one..

After a season with so few home meetings for Mildy the sport's so called governing body shows interest in the NDL for the first time anyone can remember and says no because it would compromise the title race. So instead it's back to Kent on a Tuesday evening where far fewer people will be able to attend.

For people like me who work in the media and try and promote a positive image of the sport we love, it's been another day of colleagues laughing and saying 'only in speedway' Sad thing is they are right.

• Like 3

yes only in speedway you can have an away leg at a home track with big advantage for mildenhall for such a important meeting and from what i am told a few clubs didn't’ think it was right either after they found out even  when they still have the original date still on at kent and maybe a bumper crowd for kent also if kent win they have a chance of the title maybe then mildenhall can offer them there track  to  help them finish their season BSPL made  right decision for the good of the sport 

Edited by mac101

14 minutes ago, mac101 said:

yes only in speedway you can have an away leg at a home track with big advantage for mildenhall for such a important meeting and from what i am told a few clubs didn't’ think it was right either after they found out even  when they still have the original date still on at kent and maybe a bumper crowd for kent also if kent win they have a chance of the title maybe then mildenhall can offer them there track  to  help them finish their season BSPL made  right decision for the good of the sport 

Fair points. But surely it says a lot about the sport's governance that this situation arose in the first place. It was on the SpeedwayGB website this morning. That suggests someone somewhere signed it off...But it is what it is and hopefully the meeting on October the 19th will provide a fitting finale to the season.

Hopefully the sport as a whole will go back to the drawing board in the winter and reboot for 2022.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DEEG said:

Fair points. But surely it says a lot about the sport's governance that this situation arose in the first place. It was on the SpeedwayGB website this morning. That suggests someone somewhere signed it off...But it is what it is and hopefully the meeting on October the 19th will provide a fitting finale to the season.

Hopefully the sport as a whole will go back to the drawing board in the winter and reboot for 2022.

Don’t bank on that last line.Everything's fine.:rolleyes:

Edited by Fromafar

So as it stands Kent have to use a neutral venue against Armadale if they want to complete thier fixtures. I guess off setting the fine for non completion vs hire of another venue is one thing but still going to hurt the Kent club finacially (limited benefit to Edinburgh too as they would have to pay away costs etc)

All likely to be held after the Royals have got through the challenges of Leicester and Mildenhall at home first as a slip up in either of those and the Armadale match is rendered a little bit pointless.  

23 hours ago, DEEG said:

They haven't done any "going back to the drawing board" for the past two decades when they clearly should have done, (several times), so I think everyone will be very surprised indeed if they did it now...

A great sport, ran in a very myopic poor way...

(In the UK)..

Iwade would be a neutral track for the Armadale fixture.  Surely Iwade offers scope to run a stand alone feeder  NDL club on Sunday afternoons to support the CL Kings in 2022 ?  The constraints around running in 2 leagues at Central Park  Sittingbourne seem too onerous and unmanageable,  given the poor record of running meetings in less than perfect conditions, driven I assume by the limited access to prepare the  track due to  greyhound meetings. Cannot imagine dogs being keen on tractor racing   

Kent must now be praying for 3 dry Tuesdays in the rest of October.

• Confused 1

With championship Leicester having re-arranged their play-off v Scunny for Tuesday, presumably both Thompson twins will be missing at Central Park! 

Perhaps the original Armadale fixture will be re-instated?!

3 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

With championship Leicester having re-arranged their play-off v Scunny for Tuesday, presumably both Thompson twins will be missing at Central Park! 

I think they're actually guesting for Scunthorpe :P

19 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Iwade would be a neutral track for the Armadale fixture.  Surely Iwade offers scope to run a stand alone feeder  NDL club on Sunday afternoons to support the CL Kings in 2022 ?  The constraints around running in 2 leagues at Central Park  Sittingbourne seem too onerous and unmanageable,  given the poor record of running meetings in less than perfect conditions, driven I assume by the limited access to prepare the  track due to  greyhound meetings. Cannot imagine dogs being keen on tractor racing   

Kent must now be praying for 3 dry Tuesdays in the rest of October.

I believe Iwade is a Nora track these days... hilarious if it was used for an NDL fixture. 

Whatever the venue its going to hit Kent financially and might all be for nothing anyways.

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I believe Iwade is a Nora track these days... hilarious if it was used for an NDL fixture 

not as hilarious as doing a away meeting at your home track and getting 4 points for  a win 

• Like 1