Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Clouting looking for a team place so wholesale changes are occurring. Shame for Jacob as he deserved a decent run in the team.

Very much a shame. They’ve stuck with him for so long and starting at the same time as everyone else in a weaker league would’ve probably been a breakthrough season for him at Central Park. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Clouting looking for a team place so wholesale changes are occurring. Shame for Jacob as he deserved a decent run in the team.

Who said Jacob is not in the team?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

It's a massive shame if Clouting loses his team spot because he's 0.13 above the minimum average!

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

It's a massive shame if Clouting loses his team spot because he's 0.13 above the minimum average!

He hasn’t lost his place.

No personal offence to Josh Warren but he is miles off weakened NL level. Just shows if you have useful mates abilty doesn't matter.

30 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

No personal offence to Josh Warren but he is miles off weakened NL level. Just shows if you have useful mates abilty doesn't matter.

You just need to be young and on a 3.00 average to get a spot in this league :blink:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

According to Kent website their team is

Ryan Kinsley

Dan Gilkes

Rob Ledwith

Jacob Clouting

Jake Mulford

Jamie Bursill

Josh Warren

http://www.kent-speedway.com/royals21

Of the above im glad Clouting has got a place as he deserves a decent run and Gilkes despite his average will benefit from another year of additional track time. Mulford earnt his place with previous showings and hopefully has had time to sort out some decent bikes. Bursill has had several chances and gone nowhere so this year looks make or break and warren is nowhere near the NL weakened level and lacks the basics that will keep him and others safe, i don't blame him for taking a place thats been offered (although it could tarnish his record longer term) i blame Len & Chris for tracking the rider in the first place. I bet James Laker is fuming & quite frankly Rhys Laker could be a bit upset.

11 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Must have jumped to league winners Eastbourne 

Apparently Hagon and Jenkins wanted a week-end team due to work commitments.

You maybe right about Warren,but sounds like they were forced to go for him instead of spooner?

Does seem strange that Kinsley is at KL....and NL!!!!

Edited by blueherb777

7 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Apparently Hagon and Jenkins wanted a week-end team due to work commitments.

You maybe right about Warren,but sounds like they were forced to go for him instead of spooner?

Does seem strange that Kinsley is at KL....and NL!!!!

Makes sense with such a reduced fixture list its reduced to just a hobby for some although Jenkins with a NL+CL place and still working will be hard on him. Not seen any news on the admittance yet but a hard sell to get £15 for a less than £10 team.....going to likely boost the Kings attendances though so maybe the masterplan will work after all.

6 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Makes sense with such a reduced fixture list its reduced to just a hobby for some although Jenkins with a NL+CL place and still working will be hard on him. Not seen any news on the admittance yet but a hard sell to get £15 for a less than £10 team.....going to likely boost the Kings attendances though so maybe the masterplan will work after all.

Personally I am really interested in the Championship team.I have been calling for years for higher grade Speedway and there is some decent riders to see.

Got fed up a bit with watching wobblers every week and the delays this caused.

Still think this year is about getting the sport going again...much more than winning things.

Agree about admittance....this NL team is no more than £10....but glad to pay whatever to see Scotty & co against decent riders.

3 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Personally I am really interested in the Championship team.I have been calling for years for higher grade Speedway and there is some decent riders to see.

Got fed up a bit with watching wobblers every week and the delays this caused.

Still think this year is about getting the sport going again...much more than winning things.

Agree about admittance....this NL team is no more than £10....but glad to pay whatever to see Scotty & co against decent riders.

Ive always felt the NL had more to offer than the higher leagues and could/should offer a closer and more entertaining level of racing, fallers will be more frequent but the wobblers shouldn't have been there and that is solely the fault of the promotions tracking riders who are not proficient enough.

The CL has its own faults and the divide between grades of riders is still high Crump, Nicholls & Schlein vs Alcock, Jenkins etc is going to produce spread out racing but at least there is the track craft to admire of the old hands so am more likely to pick the meetings when interesting visitors attend. For NL i have zero motivation to watch any of it anymore buty i will try and drag myself to Mildenhall to offer some support and get a view of the rookies i have yet to see in action first hand.

On 2/26/2021 at 8:28 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Of the above im glad Clouting has got a place as he deserves a decent run and Gilkes despite his average will benefit from another year of additional track time. Mulford earnt his place with previous showings and hopefully has had time to sort out some decent bikes. Bursill has had several chances and gone nowhere so this year looks make or break and warren is nowhere near the NL weakened level and lacks the basics that will keep him and others safe, i don't blame him for taking a place thats been offered (although it could tarnish his record longer term) i blame Len & Chris for tracking the rider in the first place. I bet James Laker is fuming & quite frankly Rhys Laker could be a bit upset.

I have never heard of either Jamie Bursill or Josh Warren.  Does anyone actually know anything about them ? Where have they been racing ? Are they

part of the new stars scheme ?  The only Warren that sticks in my old mind is the Graham Warren who rode years ago for Birmingham and nearly won

the Word Championship, an Aussie I think.  Is this lad ( is he a "lad "?) related ?