British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Talking of guests (of which there were none in last night's match) I think the NL have done a good job of reducing guests, by allowing more unattached riders.

I note that despite injuries and a retirement, Belle Vue have not borrowed a guest rider from another team all year.   When McGurk and Bowen were injured, they used unattached 3-point riders.  When Compton was injured they brought Jack Smith in, and when Woodhull retired they brought Sam Woolley in.   Not one rider in the 1-7 of another club appeared for Belle Vue all year!

I've not checked all their results yet, but I can't remember Kent using a guest all year either. (I may be wrong).

What ? Were you there PotteringAround. ?  I counted 3 gusts  terrry daley and sealey for the Royals , and Muff for the Colts ! 

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Talking of guests (of which there were none in last night's match) I think the NL have done a good job of reducing guests, by allowing more unattached riders.

I note that despite injuries and a retirement, Belle Vue have not borrowed a guest rider from another team all year.   When McGurk and Bowen were injured, they used unattached 3-point riders.  When Compton was injured they brought Jack Smith in, and when Woodhull retired they brought Sam Woolley in.   Not one rider in the 1-7 of another club appeared for Belle Vue all year!

I've not checked all their results yet, but I can't remember Kent using a guest all year either. (I may be wrong).

What ? Were you there PotteringAround. ?  I counted 3 gusts  terrry daley and sealey for the Royals , and Muff for the Colts ! 

A very enjoyable meeting at Central Park last night. It certainly had no end of season feel about it.

On 10/27/2021 at 12:19 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

Whose team exactly do you think Terry-Daley, Sealey and Muff are in?  :blink:

I definitely saw both teams only using unattached riders. 

Perhaps you need to go back and read my previous email properly, where I commented on how good it has been this year in the NL, with teams covering gaps with unattached riders instead of resorting to guests.

Edited by PotteringAround
  • Like 2

On 10/27/2021 at 4:13 PM, topsoil said:

Bit windy in Kent last night?

It took me a day but I just realised what you are on about! :) 

• Haha 2

Gilkes just said that kent kings are not running next year's  ..wonder if royals is the same 

30 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Gilkes just said that kent kings are not running next year's  ..wonder if royals is the same 

Oh no, not another ..... why?

Is it too late for another promoter to take it on??

Edited by Trees

10 minutes ago, Trees said:

Oh no, not another ..... why?

Is it too late for another promoter to take it on??

It’s not just fans and riders, I think promoters are in short supply too.

13 minutes ago, Deano said:

It’s not just fans and riders, I think promoters are in short supply too.

Maybe this one isn't the promoter ......

On 10/28/2021 at 1:39 PM, PotteringAround said:

Whose team exactly do you think Terry-Daley, Sealey and Muff are in?  :blink:

I definitely saw both teams only using unattached riders. 

Perhaps you need to go back and read my previous email properly, where I commented on how good it has been this year in the NL, with teams covering gaps with unattached riders instead of resorting to guests.

Oh ! so you think renting in an "unattached" rider for the night, who has no interest in the club he is riding for,  isn't a guest rider ? Splitting hairs in my opinion.  Speedway updates calls them  Guests as well.

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Oh ! so you think renting in an "unattached" rider for the night, who has no interest in the club he is riding for,  isn't a guest rider ? Splitting hairs in my opinion.  Speedway updates calls them  Guests as well.

Not sure what your point is by trying to shame Speedway Updates for wrong use of terminology with the word guest.   Speedway updates is a brilliant resource.  It's completely unofficial, unpaid, and run by fantastic volunteers.   Shame on you trying to pull them up for using the wrong word.

To get it right, you could of course read the Speedway Regulations (available free online) where you would learn under what circumstances a club is eligible to use a guest, and under what circumstances it isn't eligible to use a guest, and must use an unattached rider instead.

The consensus of opinion seems to be that the NL has made a move in the right direction by limiting the circumstances in which a guest can be used, and moving towards giving unattached riders the opportunities instead.

But clearly nothing suits you.   So perhaps you could enlighten us all what would stop your moaning?   So, here's the question:-

A rider in a team suffers a fall during his team's match and bangs his head.   He's ruled out with concussion for 9 days.  His team have a meeting 7 days later.  They are already using R/R.   Who should replace the concussed rider in this meeting?

a)  A rider from another team  (a guest)

b)  A rider not in another team (an unattached rider)

c)  Something else (please explain)

Now we know you don't approve of a), and you are whinging about b),  so please explain your option c).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Not sure what your point is by trying to shame Speedway Updates for wrong use of terminology with the word guest.   Speedway updates is a brilliant resource.  It's completely unofficial, unpaid, and run by fantastic volunteers.   Shame on you trying to pull them up for using the wrong word.

To get it right, you could of course read the Speedway Regulations (available free online) where you would learn under what circumstances a club is eligible to use a guest, and under what circumstances it isn't eligible to use a guest, and must use an unattached rider instead.

The consensus of opinion seems to be that the NL has made a move in the right direction by limiting the circumstances in which a guest can be used, and moving towards giving unattached riders the opportunities instead.

But clearly nothing suits you.   So perhaps you could enlighten us all what would stop your moaning?   So, here's the question:-

A rider in a team suffers a fall during his team's match and bangs his head.   He's ruled out with concussion for 9 days.  His team have a meeting 7 days later.  They are already using R/R.   Who should replace the concussed rider in this meeting?

a)  A rider from another team  (a guest)

b)  A rider not in another team (an unattached rider)

c)  Something else (please explain)

Now we know you don't approve of a), and you are whinging about b),  so please explain your option c).

Just about nails it