British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

Not earth shattering but did I miss an announcement? The NDL team are listed on the BSPA site as the Kent Kestrels.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/kentkestrels20

John Sampson is managing the NL side so no doubt the riders names will filter down from Len in due course and released via the drip feed tap. Len must be at his most busiest at the moment with his ski-ing business so speedway will not be to the forefront.

Surely my old boss John Sampford?

(I used to help him run the old programme stall at Rye House ;) )

1 hour ago, Rebel1 said:

John Sampson is managing the NL side so no doubt the riders names will filter down from Len in due course and released via the drip feed tap. Len must be at his most busiest at the moment with his ski-ing business so speedway will not be to the forefront.

John Sampford. Was Rye House team manager while Len was promoter of the Rockets. 

20 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

John Sampford. Was Rye House team manager while Len was promoter of the Rockets. 

John's knowledge of the rule book and superb record of following the Rockets around the country saw him given the Rye House team manager's job in the revival, nomadic 1999 season. Len then kept faith with him after his take-over. I'm glad to hear he's been given such a role again. 

John,s knowledge of.the rule book is renowned and considering what a baffaling balls up that can be ,,it needs a remarkable brain,to work out on a season by season basis what it is.....?.......

57 minutes ago, waco said:

John,s knowledge of.the rule book is renowned and considering what a baffaling balls up that can be ,,it needs a remarkable brain,to work out on a season by season basis what it is.....?.......

Back in 1999 the first job was to get him to hassle refs. We put it to him that even if he agreed with the ref he had a duty to his team to be seen arguing their case, and if he did put a little doubt in the ref's mind the next decision might go our way. He soon learned!   :D

He'll do a good job for the Kestrels, if that's the name, although to died-in-the-wool Rockets saying good things about a team called Kestrels doesn't come easily....

Edited by RobMcCaffery

The Kent National League team name will be confirmed later this month after a competition running in local schools.

Although the kent press office must read this forum as Kenty McKentface has already disappointingly been ruled out... :)

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

The Kent National League team name will be confirmed later this month after a competition running in local schools.

Although the kent press office must read this forum as Kenty McKentface has already disappointingly been ruled out... :)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo. Competition is fixed!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo. Competition is fixed!!!!!!!

Such a childish comment would come from an Eastbourne fan

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Such a childish comment would come from an Eastbourne fan

Dear oh dear. What a sad person you are. There must be little or no fun or laughs in your life.

You are far too serious for your own health. Lighten up, East End Fan.

Do you really think I thought Kent would accept Kenty McKentface as a name for their team? It's a little joke, a smile - based on how some government agency got into problems when they asked the public to name a new ship and the most popular name was Boaty McBoatface.

Edited by Richard Weston

8 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Dear oh dear. What a sad person you are. There must be little or no fun or laughs in your life.

You are far too serious for your own health. Lighten up, East End Fan.

Do you really think I thought Kent would accept Kenty McKentface as a name for their team? It's a little joke, a smile - based on how some government agency got into problems when they asked the public to name a new ship and the most popular name was Boaty McBoatface.

But your comment in the previous posting was not funny in any way. It simply implied that the competition to name the

team was a fiddle. It was not a joke, so I did not laugh.

13 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

But your comment in the previous posting was not funny in any way. It simply implied that the competition to name the

team was a fiddle. It was not a joke, so I did not laugh.

Read the thread and you will understand. Stop the conspiracy theory nonsense.

18 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Back in 1999 the first job was to get him to hassle refs. We put it to him that even if he agreed with the ref he had a duty to his team to be seen arguing their case, and if he did put a little doubt in the ref's mind the next decision might go our way. He soon learned!   :D

He'll do a good job for the Kestrels, if that's the name, although to died-in-the-wool Rockets saying good things about a team called Kestrels doesn't come easily....

Sadly Rob as things stand it looks like 'Rockets' have retired to the big bang up above. My first smell of dope was at the Weir and I am quite content to follow the sport at Central Park, at least I am still able to watch on a weekly basis.

John sampford was Kent’s team manager for the 1st and I think 2nd season before  Chris Hunt took over. He has spent his time since then as Len’s chauffeur  going to almost every away match, so I think he is pretty clued up on all things Kent. 

• Like 1