British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

1 hour ago, peckover said:

Word is there’ll be MORE NDL teams in 2021 not less, as it goes more back to its development league roots

More second teams but less stand alone teams which Rye House would be. 

On 1/17/2020 at 11:10 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

It does seem / feel strange from Kent. I fear for this level that there could be some riders signed up already and it has left hands tied with available points left over? I can't see Mulford anywhere other than Kent, Clouting likely also as looks strong value on a shade over 3. Can Jenkins & Kemp be without places likewise the ever present Spooner? If so the side might not possess the power of recent seasons and despite decent home advantage it could be a rel feeling of a 2nd side at Kent (TBC) this season.

You were spot on with your assumptions apart from Kemp. They will not possess the power and will be around the bottom of the league. However Len is using this team to grow riders for the Championship side as predicted. Disappointing. Shall see how much watching Championship side will be.

Kent side is 

Gilkes

Ledwith

Jenkins

Spooner

Clouting

Mulford

Hagon

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Kent side is 

Gilkes

Ledwith

Jenkins

Spooner

Clouting

Mulford

Hagon

Six returnees,strong top three and two of the most exciting youngsters around.For myself I am really looking forward to watching the Championship team....but this looks good enough to do well.

1 hour ago, blueherb777 said:

Six returnees,strong top three and two of the most exciting youngsters around.For myself I am really looking forward to watching the Championship team....but this looks good enough to do well.

I agree with Blueherb777. I think there will be stronger teams out there, but as a back up to produce riders for the future senior team and at the same time

achieve some success, the 7 chosen are as good as you can get. Have not seen Sam Hagon, but he has a good pedigree and Mulford is the one to watch

IMO.

With only 6 home fixtures plus potentials. I’m not sure there will be enough racing for spooner and clouting to progress. 

I can see the two champ reserves gettin injured in that league and will then hamper this side. Could they not have fitted Kemp in over Gilkes?  

6 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

With only 6 home fixtures plus potentials. I’m not sure there will be enough racing for spooner and clouting to progress. 

I can see the two champ reserves gettin injured in that league and will then hamper this side. Could they not have fitted Kemp in over 

Far more cost effective to have Gilkes than Kemp I suppose? Also the same logic could be said of Kemp in the championship, although obviously hope it won't happen to any of them, plus he didn't seem over happy there last year may have had a bearing, although don't think he was ever in Len's plans really. 

Oh I agree Kemp won’t be riding nearly enough meeting this year same with Brennan 2 riders without a double up spot 

2 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Six returnees, strong top three and two of the most exciting youngsters around.For myself I am really looking forward to watching the Championship team....but this looks good enough to do well.

Can't see a strong top three in that side!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

I can see the two champ reserves gettin injured in that league and will then hamper this side. Could they not have fitted Kemp in over Gilkes?  

Not sure why the Championship reserves should get injured, but even if they do, there will be plenty of riders without a team place looking for spots!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

I agree with Blueherb777. I think there will be stronger teams out there, but as a back up to produce riders for the future senior team and at the same time

achieve some success, the 7 chosen are as good as you can get. Have not seen Sam Hagon, but he has a good pedigree and Mulford is the one to watch

IMO.

I think Kent have made a mistake not riding NDL on a Monday.

Seen names like Kemp mentioned.

With only 6 Home Meetings in NDL for Kent and with Championship having 4 Wednesday Tracks (Brummies / Rebels / Kings / Pirates) Kemp (as an example) will be riding  on 8 Wednesdays for his CL Club.

Makes it impossible to ride for an NDL Club on a Wednesday surely?

On 1/17/2020 at 10:14 PM, Islander15 said:

More second teams but less stand alone teams which Rye House would be. 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

I think Kent have made a mistake not riding NDL on a Monday.

Seen names like Kemp mentioned.

With only 6 Home Meetings in NDL for Kent and with Championship having 4 Wednesday Tracks (Brummies / Rebels / Kings / Pirates) Kemp (as an example) will be riding  on 8 Wednesdays for his CL Club.

Makes it impossible to ride for an NDL Club on a Wednesday surely?

Kent NL side will have some league matches on bank holidays and occasional Tuesday against other Wednesday night tracks. So no clashes for their CL/NL riders.

• Like 1

As flipper has posted, we will use BH mondays for NL fixtures and hopefully the BH Fridays if 11am start is agreed too by the council. (Although think the fridays may be for CL fixtures)

And we will race on some Tuesdays as well as we dont have priority on weds nights. 

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Dont see how Gilkes Ledwith and Jenkins is not a strong top 3. All got championship spots as well. It's a team well under the points limit, but all riders have the ability to put 2 points on thier averages imho.

Whilst I dont think the side has been built with winning as the sole goal. I d be quite shocked if we werent in the end of season play offs.

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Gilkes can be a genuine number one with. Ledwith capable of better Jenkins has the ability to be a third heat leader.  Miulford is a really exciting prospect along with  the young talented Hagon as well it looks a really exciting team.

Edited by Sidney the robin