British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

Alan Sorensen

Interesting to read of Alan Sorensen in the latest edition of 'Backtrack'. I seem to recall that he was the protege of the late Geoff Curtis and resided at Geoff's old lodgings whilst in Britain? I remember that Alan rode at Cowley for a short while (Geoff was destined to join "The Rebels" before he was so tragically killed).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Interesting to read of Alan Sorensen in the latest edition of 'Backtrack'. I seem to recall that he was the protege of the late Geoff Curtis and resided at Geoff's old lodgings whilst in Britain? I remember that Alan rode at Cowley for a short while (Geoff was destined to join "The Rebels" before he was so tragically killed).

I  can remember him Steve he had one meeting for the Robins in 1974 .Around  that sort of time from 1969 /76??? the second halfers that come to mind  were Clark Facey, Mac Woodford  Bobo Valentine,Billy Wall,  Alan Sorensen, Cliff Anderson,Melvin Soffe, Dave Patten, ( etc).Then it was the Young,Holloway, Evans,Pope, Henry era.Also i can remember in 1979 /80 in the Mawdesley years quite a few riders got rides in second half's  trials if you like .Louis Carr,John Williams,Steve Regeling,John Barker, Robert Craven are riders that come to mind.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I  can remember him Steve he had one meeting for the Robins in 1974 .Around  that sort of time from 1969 /76??? the second halfers that come to mind  were Clark Facey, Mac Woodford  Bobo Valentine,Billy Wall,  Alan Sorensen, Cliff Anderson,Melvin Soffe, Dave Patten, ( etc).Then it was the Young,Holloway, Evans,Pope, Henry era.Also i can remember in 1979 /80 in the Mawdesley years quite a few riders got rides in second half's  trials if you like .Louis Carr,John Williams,Steve Regeling,John Barker, Robert Craven are riders that come to mind.

Yes used to enjoy the old second halves Sid...used to get quite competitive at Cowley during the 'Rebel" and later "Cheetah" years!

Some good names to conjure with that you've listed.

Seem to recall that Alan wore white leathers?