British Speedway Forum
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2023

From Mildenhall Speedway - 

The Mildenhall Fen Tigers, proudly sponsored by Manchetts Rescue and Recovery,  No 1 and Captain for the 2020 season is ‘FLYIN’ RYAN KINSLEY. 

Ryan is back home following a season in the Championship with Scunthorpe where he rode with great credit achieving a real time 3.17 average. He also answered an SOS call from the Fen Tigers late in the season when Danny Ayres was injured and immediately showed he had lost none of his skill and style around the Mildenhall circuit with an immaculate fifteen point maximum in the defeat of the Kent Kings.

Ryan had previously been part of the fine 2018 Fen Tigers septet. A surprise signing for some Ryan quickly became a fans favourite upping his average by over three points and riding at No 1 for part of the season. He also undertook the Captain role in Jordan Jenkins absence.

Speaking about his return to Mildenhall, Kinsley said –

“This is like home for me and I am so happy to be back at Mildenhall as No 1 and as Captain. It is an honour to be captain and one I will take very seriously. The chance to work again with the management team at Mildenhall will be great and with the team they have put together it should be a really good season for us. 

We have a wonderful fanbase and I can’t wait for the meetings to start now, I know if I can perform well for the Fen Tigers my chances of getting back into the Championship can only increase”

Edited by adz_mft

The second Mildenhall Fen Tiger, proudly sponsored by Manchetts Rescue and Recovery , for the 2020 season is another popular rider returning ‘home’. 

After starting his career at Mildenhall it is a warm welcome home to LUKE ‘RAZOR’ RUDDICK. Luke spent the 2019 season with Edinburgh in the Championship and Leicester in the National League. Like Ryan Kinsley, Luke impressed greatly at Edinburgh posting a real time average of 3.08 before injury curtailed his season. In the National League with Leicester he rode in four meetings only but was heading for an 8+ average when his season ended. 

The fast starting Ruddick comes into the Mildenhall line up on a potentially ‘false’ 6.67 average and now fully fit and already practicing in the weeks leading up to Christmas the Mildenhall management are confident they have signed a rider on the way up and on a very attractive average.

Speaking about his return, Ruddick said – 

“A couple of seasons back I felt the need to move on and challenge myself at a different track, but Mildenhall was always a special place for me and I am very pleased to get the opportunity to return for the 2020 season. I feel I have learnt a lot and improved since I have been away and want to show the great Fen Tigers fans how far I have come. 

My time at Edinburgh taught me so much and as well as hopefully helping the Fen Tigers to success this season I want to put myself in the shop window should opportunities become available in the Championship”

Kinsley is a big signing and definite shot of intent from Mildenhall and a bargain on an 8.00 average. Ruddick ought to be decent enough at home and patchy away but powerful enough if 3rd heat leader. 

14 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Edwards will be the other heat leader. Leek to be given another shot at reserve? 

Leek on a 3 average looks a great signing even if he can be a one man wrecking ball. 

Not sure if Edwards will return or not but could fit Brooks, Marson & Jenkins into the top 5 with Leek + a.n.other 3 pointer at reserve

So does this mean Danny Ayres will miss out on a NL slot anywhere in 2020?

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Leek on a 3 average looks a great signing even if he can be a one man wrecking ball. 

Not sure if Edwards will return or not but could fit Brooks, Marson & Jenkins into the top 5 with Leek + a.n.other 3 pointer at reserve

Brooks has posted on facebook saying he Hope's to get a club next year as he is not in Mildenhalls 7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Surely Elliot Kelly will be back? Him & Leek would be very good reserves and not use up a lot of points. 

2 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Yes. His Championship average is too high to allow him to do both leagues. 

The third Mildenhall Fen Tiger, proudly sponsored by Manchetts Rescue and Recovery, for the 2020 season is the young man with a heart of a Tiger, SAM BEBEE.

After a positive comeback year in 2018 following his horrible crash at Coventry, back luck again struck fans favourite Bebee when a loose bike careered into him at the clubs 2019 press and practice weekend. The resultant injury left Sam on the sidelines for the whole season, a massive disappointment to him and the club as he had looked so smooth and stylish over the weekend having invested heavily in new equipment and practiced throughout the winter.

Now fully fit and ready to race again, Sam will receive the 8% deduction for missing a full season and returns to the Fen Tigers fold on an attractive 4.25 average.

Speaking about his return, Bebee said – 

“I am really grateful to the Mildenhall management for giving me another opportunity because I love this club, the track and the fans who give me such great support. 

I can’t wait to meet up with the team and get a real good team bond and atmosphere going around the pits which will help us on track as we look to challenge to win all the available trophies this year. I’m really positive and ready to up my average and crack on this year. I want to carry on progressing from where I left off before I got injured at the start of last year”

8 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

He said at the start of last season I think that 2019 would be his last at NL level. I believe he was close to signing for Ipswich last year before he broke his leg 

10 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

He has an average over 4 in the championship and has already signed for scunthorpe so I don’t think he’s allowed to double down.. if like last year he started the season without a championship place he could ride NDL that’s my understanding 

The Mildenhall Fen Tigers, proudly sponsored by Manchetts Rescue and Recovery, are pleased to announce their fourth signing for 2020, the return of the popular teenage Northern Fen Tiger ELLIOT KELLY.

Kelly, who won’t be sixteen until January, had a highly promising introduction to National League speedway in his debut season with the Fen Tigers. A talented young racer and highly popular with the crowd the Mildenhall management were very keen to offer Elliot the chance to return to the club for the coming season. 

Elliot will start his second season in one of the reserve berths on a 3.62 average, although if he continues to progress at last season’s rate it won’t be long before he is knocking on the door of the main body.

Kelly was very pleased to be coming back to Mildenhall – he said 

“I was over the moon when I got the news Mildenhall wanted me back for a second year. I really enjoyed my time at the club last season and the management and fans were great to me, I really appreciate their support.

I’m not making too many targets for myself next season, but I hope to increase my average to over 5 points and get to ride in the main body of the team. With the team Mildenhall have put together that won’t be easy, but I learnt a lot in my first year, and have some good backing and guidance for this season which I am sure can only help me improve”

The Mildenhall Fen Tigers, proudly sponsored by Manchetts Rescue and Recovery, are pleased to announce their fifth signing for 2020, and it is a return for the popular teenage star JASON EDWARDS.

Jason had an excellent 2019 season with the Fen Tigers upping his average to 7.53 whilst on a personal level he finished an excellent 2nd in the British U19 Final at Redcar dropping his only point of the evening to the winner Drew Kemp. Jason was also part of the team that finished third in the National League 4TT Final Stoke and represented the Fen Tigers in the Best Pairs at Sheffield. His performances saw him sign for Eastbourne in the Championship and his impressive performances at the higher level have seen him back at Eastbourne for the coming season.

Edwards was pleased to get the call from the Fen Tigers – he said –

“I’m back! I literally can’t wait to get going again. I’m really privileged to be given the opportunity to ride for Mildenhall again in 2020, because I truly believe we have unfinished business where we missed out on the playoffs last year. 

For me, I didn’t want to go anywhere else and that’s exactly how it is and I’m just buzzing. There’s not really a lot more for me to say other than just thank all the fans for their support all last year and also to all the management for sticking with me! I’ll be heading to Australia in January, which is going to be such a cool experience and then it’s time to win some trophies which the club deserves”