British Speedway Forum
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2023

On 12/20/2019 at 11:21 AM, Dickie Head said:

So does this mean Danny Ayres will miss out on a NL slot anywhere in 2020?

It will be a sad lost to the NL if Danny isn't part of it in 2020, he has however proved good enough for both the premier & championship. One thing that should be against any BSPA rules is ANY RIDER simultaneously rider in all 3 leagues. 

Mildenhall to announce final 2 riders tomorrow eve. :party:

• Like 1

From Mildenhall Speedway -

The Mildenhall Fen Tigers, proudly sponsored by Manchetts Rescue and Recovery, are pleased to announce their sixth signing for 2020, and it is a return for a third season for the improving MATT MARSON.

Matt answered the Fen Tigers management call for help following the unfortunate injury to Sam Bebee early in the 2019 season and although arriving late put in some fine performances for the Fen Tigers and finished the season increasing his average to 5.48. There was no doubt that his performances improved as the season progressed and with a full winter of racing back home in Australia the Mildenhall management are convinced that 2020 will be Matt’s real breakthrough season.

Nineteen year old Marson was pleased to be returning ‘home’ to Mildenhall – he said –

“I’m very pleased to be returning back with Mildenhall and thankful for the management for giving me this opportunity, I feel like I was really getting started towards the end of last season and with the riding and training I’m doing here hopefully I can keep building on that. 

Everyone at Mildenhall is great and very supportive, so I’m looking forward to meeting everyone again. The team this year is looking good and strong. I’m looking forward to meeting all the boys and kick start the season and aim towards some trophies as well as put some points on my average and continue to progress. I look forward to seeing everyone in the New Year and wish everyone a Happy Christmas.

From Mildenhall Speedway -

The Mildenhall Fen Tigers, proudly sponsored by Manchetts Rescue and Recovery, are pleased to announce their seventh and final signing for 2020. The only rider in the side not to have ridden previously for the Fen Tigers, it is a very warm welcome to the highly talented and very promising fifteen year old NATHAN ABLITT.

The Battle based starlet has come through the junior ranks of the sport becoming the British 150cc Champion in 2016, before claiming the 250cc title in 2018. His debut season in the National League saw him win the National Trophy with the Kent Kings before injury bought his season to an early end. Much sought after, Nathan’s signing gives the Fen Tigers the balance from one to seven they were after and it is hoped he will form a formidable partnership at reserve with Elliot Kelly.

Ablitt spoke of his hopes for 2020 with Mildenhall – he said –

“I am very excited to be joining the Fen Tigers and although the new boy I have been friends with Jason Edwards for many years and look forward to riding with him and the rest of the team. I am well prepared and fully fit for the coming season and feel we can have a good year at Mildenhall, the management team seem very supportive and I have only heard good things about the club. Hopefully we can challenge for all the available trophies.

I will be at the practice days looking to get dialled into my new home track so when the season start’s I can hit the ground running. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone in the New Year and wish all the supporters a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year”

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Ablitt could be a fantastic signing for Mildenhall!

Hope he fulfills his promise this year, seen him ride before the match at Eastie since he was hardly big enough to staddle a bike and always looked so neat on a bike like Jason. Look after them both for us, sure at some point he'll be in the Eagles team as well.

Good looking side this year for the Tigers will prob make a few journeys over there again :)

Nicely built team throughout. Potential at reserve and a decent heat leader trio who know West Row. 

4 hours ago, gazzac said:

Hope he fulfills his promise this year, seen him ride before the match at Eastie since he was hardly big enough to staddle a bike and always looked so neat on a bike like Jason. Look after them both for us, sure at some point he'll be in the Eagles team as well.

I was surprised when he quit Kent last year, was scoring very well at the time!

24 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I was surprised when he quit Kent last year, was scoring very well at the time!

He was injured which really curtailed his season, and do think the ties he has with Eastbourne and friends with Jason Edwards may have had a bearing on him riding for Mildenhall and not Kent again, especially as Mildenhall is a stand alone team. Think it's a good move anyway. 

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

He was injured which really curtailed his season, and do think the ties he has with Eastbourne and friends with Jason Edwards may have had a bearing on him riding for Mildenhall and not Kent again, especially as Mildenhall is a stand alone team. Think it's a good move anyway. 

Standalone could well be important - likely he will get more meetings than if he stuck with Kent

38 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Standalone could well be important - likely he will get more meetings than if he stuck with Kent

Indeed, that's what I thought with them both going to Mildenhall.

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Indeed, that's what I thought with them both going to Mildenhall.

More rides they can get, the better.