British Speedway Forum
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2023

Gutted he is not at Kent, but my honest assessment of Nathan is that he is the best natural talent on a bike since Tai Woffinden. So it would  be an utter waste of talent for him to leave the sport, so I am very glad to see him riding. Once his belief matches his talent the sky is the limit imho.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Gutted he is not at Kent, but my honest assessment of Nathan is that he is the best natural talent on a bike since Tai Woffinden. So it would  be an utter waste of talent for him to leave the sport, so I am very glad to see him riding. Once his belief matches his talent the sky is the limit imho.

I wouldn’t quite compare him to woffy bearing in mind what woffy was doing when he was 15 at scunny...http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/board/351/scunthorpe-2006

2 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Any of you fen tiger fans remember a rider called ian peel ? Just wondering what his background is. Thanks.

Don't know if this is the same person, but there was an Ian Peel who was a Kings Lynn junior in the late 1970's. He appeared at Mildenhall in the Suffolk Junior Championship in 1978. He may have appeared in some second halves there as well, I don't know. He did make four appearances for Boston the following season. All  I know of his background is that he was born in 1960 in Spalding.

On 2/11/2021 at 8:06 PM, HertsRacer said:

Don't know if this is the same person, but there was an Ian Peel who was a Kings Lynn junior in the late 1970's. He appeared at Mildenhall in the Suffolk Junior Championship in 1978. He may have appeared in some second halves there as well, I don't know. He did make four appearances for Boston the following season. All  I know of his background is that he was born in 1960 in Spalding.

Ian PEEL

Born: 19 April 1960, Spalding, Lincolnshire, England.

Career record: (1979) Boston.

1. Ryan Kinsley 8.00

2. Connor King 3.67

3. Matt Marson 5.48

4. Sam Bebee 4.62

5. Jordan Jenkins 6.55

6. Elliot Kelly 3.62

7. Macauley Leek 3.00

Total: 34.94

Think Jason and Nathan will be at Eastbourne and Luke at either Berwick or Edinburgh

16 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

1. Ryan Kinsley 8.00

2. Connor King 3.67

3. Matt Marson 5.48

4. Sam Bebee 4.62

5. Jordan Jenkins 6.55

6. Elliot Kelly 3.62

7. Macauley Leek 3.00

Think Jason and Nathan will be at Eastbourne and Luke at either Berwick or Edinburgh

Genuine question is Matt Marson in the UK or AUS at the moment? I think Leek didn't have enough money to go racing but maybe a short season would help?

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Genuine question is Matt Marson in the UK or AUS at the moment? I think Leek didn't have enough money to go racing but maybe a short season would help?

Not sure about Matt tbh, but I know he was due to ride for Mildenhall last year, so I'm guessing if he's available to come over due to the travel restrictions etc, he'll be in the team. Wasn't Leek meant to be riding for IOW last year? Are there any other 3.00ers in and around Mildenhall who may be the number 7 instead? Someone I'm forgetting or don't know about

Would really like to see some young grasstrackers swap the grass for the shale too, always exciting when a new name pops up and tears the NL to shreds at reserve.

7 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Not sure about Matt tbh, but I know he was due to ride for Mildenhall last year, so I'm guessing if he's available to come over due to the travel restrictions etc, he'll be in the team. Wasn't Leek meant to be riding for IOW last year? Are there any other 3.00ers in and around Mildenhall who may be the number 7 instead? Someone I'm forgetting or don't know about

Would really like to see some young grasstrackers swap the grass for the shale too, always exciting when a new name pops up and tears the NL to shreds at reserve.

Leek was signed, then stated he needed sponsorship to compete so was released. The other reserve was never decided before the pandemic took hold. Don't know if there are any emerging riders from the area but Butcher might earn another go? Grasstrackers might be less keen on a Sunday track and would be crazy to invest in kit the required kit for such a short season.

• Like 1

So confirmed that only 4 Fen Tigers will return!

Maybe not Ablitt or Edwards if they’re off to Eastbourne, Ruddick if he’s going up North, Marson if he’s staying in Australia or Kinsley if he’s prioritising the higher leagues and to get their overall average down. But we can safely say they’re tracking Bebee & Kelly. 

5 hours ago, Dandelion said:

1. Ryan Kinsley 8.00

2. Connor King 3.67

3. Matt Marson 5.48

4. Sam Bebee 4.62

5. Jordan Jenkins 6.55

6. Elliot Kelly 3.62

7. Macauley Leek 3.00

Although he is a Berwick asset, there is no way Luke Ruddick can currently ride for the Bullets alongside Leon Flint and Kyle Bickley - - the averages make it impossible. 

3 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Kinsley confirms that he’s one of the 3 that are out. A club decision, and not his. 

Unfortunately makes sense as he had the highest average in the team, and with the points limit being reduced was always going to be difficult to accommodate everyone.

Also, I was under the impression you were unable to skip a league? IE you can’t do national and elite, must do the national and championship or championship and Elite? But will the amount of times the rules have changed probably changed again!

Kent Royals page in forum states that Kinsley has in fact made the switch to Kent... 

so the above skipping a league in between rule obviously doesn’t apply