British Speedway Forum
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2023

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Come the end of a very short 2021 season , everyone will have improved their starting averages , and lots of back slapping saying how well the new lads have done.....the reality is that they will have just improved racing each other ....and not advanced one iota. 

The average for each team should be about 42 at the end of each season, which is a 7 point rise, so "statistically" every rider should increase his average by one point! So you'd need to look at riders who increase they're average by more than one point as genuine improvers! However will that mean they have really improved or just that the league is weaker?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

The clue to this league is in the title with the need for riders to reach the CL standard that the sport drastically needs.

Currently there is still a dearth of young riders able to race consistently at NL level.

Mildenhall awarded U19 final. Good news for the Fen Tigers and their fans.

47 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Mildenhall awarded U19 final. Good news for the Fen Tigers and their fans.

Excellent news. Out of interest with these "shared" events is it the SCB/BSPL who sets the pricing and then splits any profits with the host club?  

According to the Spedeworth website. There will be no stock car meetings at the stadium until July. I don't know if this will have an impact on the speedway.

On 3/12/2021 at 3:13 PM, cityrebel said:

According to the Spedeworth website. There will be no stock car meetings at the stadium until July. I don't know if this will have an impact on the speedway.

I don't believe so. They were at the track the other evening testing the tapes/lights etc 

1 hour ago, adz_mft said:

I don't believe so. They were at the track the other evening testing the tapes/lights etc 

I suppose the councils will have the final say on any track being able to stage public events.

39 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I suppose the councils will have the final say on any track being able to stage public events.

I would expect so, I imagine it will be up to promotions to agree plans for spectator safety with local public health officials.

And we may end up with anomalies similar to last season where masks were compulsory at King's Lynn, required only when moving around at Plymouth and voluntary at Scunthorpe.

35 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I would expect so, I imagine it will be up to promotions to agree plans for spectator safety with local public health officials.

And we may end up with anomalies similar to last season where masks were compulsory at King's Lynn, required only when moving around at Plymouth and voluntary at Scunthorpe.

Very similar at non league football Arnie. Some grounds were allowed to sell food and drink, some were not.

Spedeworth have now said they expect to run meetings at Mildenhall before July. Here is what their latest message says:-

Spedeworth/Incarace are pleased to announce the first three National Banger fixtures for Mildenhall Stadium.

Please note that these fixtures are subject to change.

All fixtures are dependant on restrictions which maybe required due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation.

Please be aware that whilst discussions are ongoing with the local authorities the dates for Mildenhall Stadium are subject to confirmation.

• Saturday 22nd May 2021 @ 5pm – National Bangers (Micro Madness)
• Saturday 29th May 2021 @ 5pm – National Bangers (Big Vans)
• Saturday 5th June 2021 @ 5pm – National Bangers (u2000cc)

On 2/26/2021 at 9:22 PM, crescent girl said:

Excellent introductory briefing there.

Only hiccup is in Luke Ruddick's nationality -- he's from Melrose in Scotland, not Northumberland.    A big difference!

Scottish by birth Dick, but raised 3 doors away from the famous Grove Hotel in Tweedmouth, oft visited watering hole for Bandits riders, and fans in the 60s and 70s.

On 4/12/2021 at 2:11 PM, tyretrax said:

Rumours that greyhounds are returning.

Hope so, good night out at Mildenhall and will make the venue more viable!

Unfortunately Jordan Jenkins looks set for a spell on the side-lines after fracturing his wrist in a crash at Redcar last Friday.