British Speedway Forum
gee jay

RORY SCHLEIN FAREWELL ??????

are there any rumours coming out of monmore of a farewell for rory ?  he has done more for british youngsters than 90% of british riders so i think it would be a fitting goodbye .

• Like 2

He's also caused more Promoters and Referees more grief than just about any other Rider in the past 20 years with his constant moaning and whining!

Jury's out !

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Well, I for one won't be there after he single handedly got a meeting abandoned at Peterborough a few years back. Not the only time he's done this. In fact he should probably allow free entry as a payback to the many fans he's cost over the years

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Be very interesting to see is reaction if it’s raining on is Fairwell Meeting, 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Argos said:

Be very interesting to see is reaction if it’s raining on is Fairwell Meeting, 

It'd be the ultimate irony, and some would say absolutely superb.

On 12/22/2019 at 11:24 AM, gee jay said:

are there any rumours coming out of monmore of a farewell for rory ?  he has done more for british youngsters than 90% of british riders so i think it would be a fitting goodbye .

Giving Rory`s attitude at times the less he has to do with the young British riders the better IMO.

One meeting I have no wish to attend but for Rory I hope its a successful day and a good meeting for those who go.

11 minutes ago, screm said:

Giving Rory`s attitude at times the less he has to do with the young British riders the better IMO.

One meeting I have no wish to attend but for Rory I hope its a successful day and a good meeting for those who go.

On the other side of the coin I have to say he guested for Lakeside several times over the years and always rode as if he was a home rider. I remember one occasion when he crashed and hurt his leg badly but he continued riding through the pain barrier and only withdrew once Lakeside reached the point that they couldn’t lose. When he had his bad crash in Poland Lakeside fans collected £750 for him. That’s a measure of how much he was liked.

Yes, I know he could be a moaner and a whinger at times, but what I am saying is that it wasn’t all one way.