British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue Colts 2020

3 minutes ago, pete cc said:

A little harsh. You are talking about children here.

Totally right  they  are all good Pete and good luck to all of them luck plays a huge part to but that Colts team will entertain everywhere.

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

But i think longterm Palin and Bailey will be better than Flint.

Can we not agree that all 3 are genuinely very good prospects?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pete cc said:

A little harsh. You are talking about children here.

Not harsh at all, just gave an opinion on a Speedway forum (what it's there for)!

Flint is better than bickley, palin will be better than flint, Bailey could be better than all of them - that’s the way I see it. Flint if he can crack a small track like Armadale then that will heighten him as a rider. 

I have just been on the Aces topic & it is said that there will be a price increase in 2020, £1 for Aces & £2 for Colts. This is mainly to cut the losses of the Colts meetings.

On 12/24/2019 at 11:16 AM, Islander15 said:

Can we not agree that all 3 are genuinely very good prospects?

Spot on, with positive encouragement & good luck who knows what they might achieve. Only a short time ago the Aussies had 3 excellent talents & all 3 sons of good riders: Alex Davies, Taylor Poole & Dakota North. Great talent alone is no guarantee of future success a lot of other factors come into it.  

In 2019 we had both Jordan and Connor who started on a 3 point average and achieved great progress between them.

I hope Harry McGuirk can blossom this year as the young newcomer

Paul Bowen should put his average up reasonably... in the latter part of his first season he was showing good signs of upping his game

Both Bens should also progress.... it is a promising team which will be good to watch

Edited by Gunner85

9 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

In 2019 we had both Jordan and Connor who started on a 3 point average and achieved great progress between them.

I hope Harry McGuirk can blossom this year as the young newcomer

Paul Bowen should put his average up reasonably... in the latter part of his first season he was showing good signs of upping his game

Both Bens should also progress.... it is a promising team which will be good to watch

With the greatest of respect to Harry he had a full season last year and failed to reach his starting 3 point average for this season so he is far from a Palin or Bailey but he should make improvements this year and if he doesn't questions will be asked. It also looks a big year ahead for the Ben's with Woodhull sliding down last year and i fear his interest is waning whilst i think Rathbone will be a much bigger improver this year having visited several tracks last year although a shortened season may hurt those with only one seam place. The Colts should be rock solid at home again this year so it will be how well they travel deciding how well the fare at the end of the season. 

Jack smith replaced connor bailey for first 2 meetings of season as connor goes home for his sisters wedding 

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Jack smith replaced connor bailey for first 2 meetings of season as connor goes home for his sisters wedding 

I am amazed that he has no team place in 2020.

He was shafted by Sheffield in 2018  and Redcar in 2019

He deserves some good luck... hope he gets picked up by someone.

12 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

I quite liked the lad and thought he was doing fine at Redcar but they certainly did not shaft him. If you have a tantrum and a fall out with the management , expect concequences, but I do hope to see the lad get a chance somewhere.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

I don't think he got shafted by Redcar did he? I thought after one meeting he asked to step down from the team then subsequently changed his mind but by this time it was too late Redcar had already found someone to replace him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bloom89 said:

I don't think he got shafted by Redcar did he? I thought after one meeting he asked to step down from the team then subsequently changed his mind but by this time it was too late Redcar had already found someone to replace him.

There are two sides to each story.. I know which one I beleive

Jack comes off as a bit of an idiot tbh. He’s had his fair share of run ins and even fell out with Bickley on the track last season.

When situations occur on a fairly regular basis and you end up with no team, then there is generally something wrong aside from just bad luck.

I think he needs to sit down, look at his mentality and then go again. 

Edited by acef