British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue Colts 2020

I thought Sheffield released him as he wasn’t scoring points? 

3 hours ago, acef said:

Jack comes off as a bit of an idiot tbh. He’s had his fair share of run ins and even fell out with Bickley on the track last season.

When situations occur on a fairly regular basis and you end up with no team, then there is generally something wrong aside from just bad luck.

I think he needs to sit down, look at his mentality and then go again. 

It was bailey that he had a strop with 

On 3/9/2020 at 7:17 PM, KIRKYLANE said:

I am amazed that he has no team place in 2020.

He was shafted by Sheffield in 2018  and Redcar in 2019

He deserves some good luck... hope he gets picked up by someone.

I wish Danyon Hume had been given the chances  Jack has had  ( i e.)  Glasgow, Sheffield, Redcar.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

Jack Smith is a decent rider at NL level , but will Bailey be back in the team once he returns from down under ??

8 hours ago, Lionspride said:

Jack Smith is a decent rider at NL level , but will Bailey be back in the team once he returns from down under ??

It seems to me that Jack is in the team whilst Connor attends a wedding in Aussie.

So he gets a chance to pit himself in the window re getting in a team later in the season

16 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

It seems to me that Jack is in the team whilst Connor attends a wedding in Aussie.

So he gets a chance to pit himself in the window re getting in a team later in the season

Seems a win - win situation to me. Personally think its criminal the likes of Smith don’t have a team at all so hopefully he can smash it & get snapped up in NDL or higher.

Belle Vue have the Colts side which is great.

Once  COVID is sorted , I would love to see the NSS start to have weekly Training schools under the competent hands of Mark Lemon and also have amateur  meetings.

Scunthorpe run them and although they only make a smallish profit they are invaluable tools for the progress of British Speedway.

As a youngster  I used to go to  Hyde road where there were Monday training schools in the season and Saturday training schools on Saturdays in the winter.

Sincerely hope the management can fit the fixtures in and we see the Colts in 2021

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

Sincerely hope the management can fit the fixtures in and we see the Colts in 2021

I find it a little confusing, the problem fitting fixtures in. Season begins 17th May, unless things have changed season finishes 31st October. Current fixtures 10 league, 2 play off, 1 FIM u21 total 13. Days available 167, so that leaves just 154 days to fit in the 7 National League fixtures.

I await a full explanation from the management of the problem or what the smoke screen is all about.

1 hour ago, BuxtonTiger said:

I find it a little confusing, the problem fitting fixtures in. Season begins 17th May, unless things have changed season finishes 31st October. Current fixtures 10 league, 2 play off, 1 FIM u21 total 13. Days available 167, so that leaves just 154 days to fit in the 7 National League fixtures.

I await a full explanation from the management of the problem or what the smoke screen is all about.

is it not part of the council rules for using the stadium that the nl has to run at belle vue 

Looking at the riders Belle Vue would possibly run with, think it is more about convenient days when they are all available from other team commitments.

Colts in.....eight teams it is then.

9 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Colts in.....eight teams it is then.

Great news that the Colts are in. What the team looks like will be interesting with Flint, Bickley & Rathbone moving on, Palin allegedly not allowed to treble up? 

I can see Bailey, Woodhull, Bowen & McGurk returning with Brennan for the extra laps still leaving 8.92 for the final two riders (verge + 3 pointer?)

48 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Great news that the Colts are in. What the team looks like will be interesting with Flint, Bickley & Rathbone moving on, Palin allegedly not allowed to treble up? 

I can see Bailey, Woodhull, Bowen & McGurk returning with Brennan for the extra laps still leaving 8.92 for the final two riders (verge + 3 pointer?)

No brennan as tripling up is banned?

I imagine tom woolley and jack smith will be in the team? Harry (and sam?) Mcgurk at reserve. Paul Bowen and ben wood hull... dunno what that leaves left for a number 1? Maybe connor bailey will be available and the fixtures will be arranged around Glasgow's fixtures?

Glad to see the colts lined up.

Another option may be danny Phillip's if not retained by armadale?