British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue Colts 2020

Not the team we was expecting but its a team to support nevertheless, this season coming is just about getting laps in and giving us fans a chance to see rider race, at least we got that.

They done the best they can in a not ideal situation, delaying the entry to the NDL and other reasons they were left to pick up the pieces

FLINT - Berwick born and bread so was bound to go there

BICKLEY - couldn't chance the colts not riding so had to go elsewhere

FREEMAN - without Newcastle having an NDL team i'm sure he would have been in the team

BAILEY - would have been in but not come over

SMITH - was set to ride but had to do what's best and sign for Glasgow, to many fixture clashes

PALIN - Cant ride NDL due to the rule of not being allowed to do all 3 leagues

that's a big chunk of the team

we still get to see riders develop (Mcgurks, JPB, Woodhull) and Coles

so well done Adrian and Mark for 

1, Continuing in the NDL

2, Managing to get 7 riders

Kudos

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, eaglesno1 said:

Could be JPB that's been given a reduction.

Fair point. I hadn’t considered that. 

What would JPB's reduction be? As the Colts are currently 0.64 over the limit, thanks.

14 hours ago, eaglesno1 said:

I don't see how. He has not been absent for three years and not been absent due to injury.

Compton on the other hand would be eligible for reassessment, having not ridden since 2017.

Each rider's current average should be beside his name on the declared team line-ups in each league on the British Speedway Official Website. How difficult would that be to do? Or is it a big secret?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I don't see how. He has not been absent for three years and not been absent due to injury.

Compton on the other hand would be eligible for reassessment, having not ridden since 2017.

So maybe a 2.5% reduction for JPB (8.44) having been out injured for a year and a reassessment for Benji? So his average must be reassessed to under 6.10?

1. Jack Parkinson Blackburn 8.44

2. Paul Bowen 3.36

3. Benji Compton (6.10 Left)

4. Ben Woodhull 3.67

5. Connor Coles 7.43

6. Harry McGurk 3.00

7. Sam McGurk 3.00

Wonder who the captain may be?

12 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

So maybe a 2.5% reduction for JPB (8.44) having been out injured for a year and a reassessment for Benji? So his average must be reassessed to under 6.10?

1. Jack Parkinson Blackburn 8.44

2. Paul Bowen 3.36

3. Benji Compton (6.10 Left)

4. Ben Woodhull 3.67

5. Connor Coles 7.43

6. Harry McGurk 3.00

7. Sam McGurk 3.00

Wonder who the captain may be?

Will be interesting to see final averages as other riders who have not ridden for a few years not given any reduction.

Bridger 6.59 and Knight 8.83 last rode in 2017 as an example seem to be on same in respective Leagues for 2021.

JPB and Compton both rode in 2017 ending 8.66 and 6.52 respectively, but can't fit under 35 on those averages?

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

Will be interesting to see final averages as other riders who have not ridden for a few years not given any reduction.

Bridger 6.59 and Knight 8.83 last rode in 2017 as an example seem to be on same in respective Leagues for 2021.

JPB and Compton both rode in 2017 ending 8.66 and 6.52 respectively, but can't fit under 35 on those averages?

I reckon jpb may get a decrease as hes been injured... but not sure about benji?

I am sure whatever the averages end up being it will be definitely "in the interests of British Speedway"....

There's nothing to see here, move along now, have you no homes to go to please?

;)

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

I am sure whatever the averages end up being it will be definitely "in the interests of British Speedway"....

There's nothing to see here, move along now, have you no homes to go to please?

;)

As always;)

The lack of clarity speaks volumes which I find disappointing considering it’s a development league.

Will Compton also fit in as a ‘ Rising Star ‘ ?.....let’s wait and see.

Rule 1, Aricle 3, sub section IV....” if it can’t be explained away according to any other rule, then “ in the best interests of the sport “ rule applies.

Edited by Ringitsneck

8 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

The lack of clarity speaks volumes which I find disappointing considering it’s a development league.

Will Compton also fit in as a ‘ Rising Star ‘ ?.....let’s wait and see.

Benji Compton must have been a rising star 15 to 20 years ago !!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Benji Compton must have been a rising star 15 to 20 years ago !!

Just a bit longer than Bates then

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, eaglesno1 said:

Fair call. You could qualify for a  reduction if your christian name begins with 'J' and your surname begins with a 'B'. I presume it's in the 2021 Uri Geller rule book ammendment? B)

• Confused 1

Belle Vue will be without Sam Mcgurk for a little while who has suffered a fractured left femur after his crash at Mildenhall last Sunday.

• Sad 1