British Speedway Forum
False dawn

Leicester NDL 2020

On 12/26/2019 at 8:05 AM, pete cc said:

Stick with danny woodward. You will be in for a fun year. 

Shouldn't this be on a 2020 thread?

On 12/26/2019 at 3:39 PM, Skodaman said:

But we all know how good Luke is. He has struggled to get into a Dev League for years now.

On 12/26/2019 at 8:06 PM, TurnTwo said:

I personally don’t think Luke’s the right man for a job in the nl 

On 12/27/2019 at 10:59 AM, peckover said:

There isn’t a Leicester 2020 NL thread yet

26 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

What I am trying to say is that Danny was not scoring as many points as Luke, who is not good enough for the NDL himself. Is Leicester taking a risk hoping Danny will improve?

So here is the 2020 thread with a few of the postings from the back end of the 2019 thread that should have been here in the first place.

Leicester seem slow to build their third tier team. Any thoughts?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, False dawn said:

So here is the 2020 thread with a few of the postings from the back end of the 2019 thread that should have been here in the first place.

Leicester seem slow to build their third tier team. Any thoughts?

Same at Kent only one rider Plymouth and armdale none. Sorry Armadale none Plymouth have 6.

Edited by Old Crusader
Mistake

3 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Assume Danyon returns as your number 1 ? 

He should retire a joke that he nas not got Champs spot in the last two years.

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

He should retire a joke that he nas not got Champs spot in the last two years.

Fair enough although he had a opportunity at Birmingham last year and rode very poorly . 10 points from 5 meetings .Not exactly grasping the opportunity. There may be outside factors but i am not aware of any.  

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Five meetings really ?? your  team are a joke and to speak like you have done  have told me everything about you.You are pretty limited in your Knowledge stick to CROSSROADS my friend easy available on you tube.

Pathetic attitude typical of a 60+ year old speedway fan . If you disagree be offensive . No wonder the sport is dying with this attitude .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Woodward is definitely a surprise signing, not even the best MSDL rider available on a 3.00 so either right place right time or inside links i suspect, stating 3 practices at Leicester hardly inspires either but it is nice that at least one rider has been promoted despite the best attempts to prevent with the return to the 3.00 rule.

10 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Pathetic attitude typical of a 60+ year old speedway fan . If you disagree be offensive . No wonder the sport is dying with this attitude .

Not offensive i just felt your attitude towards Danyon was disgusting disrespectful.Ok if you don't like or rate him that is your prerogative to mock him with Thomas( who by the way i like) was pretty low in my opinion.

53 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Woodward is definitely a surprise signing, not even the best MSDL rider available on a 3.00 so either right place right time or inside links i suspect, stating 3 practices at Leicester hardly inspires either but it is nice that at least one rider has been promoted despite the best attempts to prevent with the return to the 3.00 rule.

We’ve seen risks taken on ex-motocross and they pay off and I think that’s what we’re seeing here. Rather than looking at who’s the best in the MDL and signing them up. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

We’ve seen risks taken on ex-motocross and they pay off and I think that’s what we’re seeing here. Rather than looking at who’s the best in the MDL and signing them up. 

Other than Sam Hagon and possibly Eli Meadows the 15 year old cupboard looks pretty sparse at the moment and if you look at SDL/MDL very little to frankly enthuse over from what I saw at Birmingham during MDL in 2019.

Moto X may be a sensible route to go and one thing Leicester have ability to do is offer pretty much unlimited practise.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HGould said:

Other than Sam Hagon and possibly Eli Meadows the 15 year old cupboard looks pretty sparse at the moment and if you look at SDL/MDL very little to frankly enthuse over from what I saw at Birmingham during MDL in 2019.

Moto X may be a sensible route to go and one thing Leicester have ability to do is offer pretty much unlimited practise.

Eli is a nice lad but not yet ready but at 15 still has time. With respect the sides tracked at Birmingham this year were poor and did the MSDL no favours, there would be visiting riders winning comfortably and even then its on a slick bald surface that offers little in terms of learning for riders development into the higher tiers. 

39 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Probably right there but its high calibre ex-moto crosses that make it higher not has bike can scramble. By comparison if you look back at Danny Ayres early days he was borderline dangerous and on the deck more than he was upright. It took a lot of time, effort and guidance to get him up to a consistent competitive level. If Leicester can offer that to Woodward then maybe they can unearth a gem but my limited viewings of him have been that he has limited skill sets but he could well prove me wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Other 15 year olds for 2020 include Mickie Simpson, Alex Goldsborough, Archie Freeman, Gregor Millar all of a standard for a proper development league were more competitive track time would benefit them all. 
2021 will be a fairly sparse year with only a few present riders turning 15 with the outstanding talent being Sam Mcgurk
2019 was an exceptional year for the number of young riders coming through and the numbers probably won’t be matched until 2022 as there’s a good crop of 12 year old riders who will turn 15 then so let’s hope we have a development league for them to ride in .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Other 15 year olds for 2020 include Mickie Simpson, Alex Goldsborough, Archie Freeman, Gregor Millar all of a standard for a proper development league were more competitive track time would benefit them all. 
2021 will be a fairly sparse year with only a few present riders turning 15 with the outstanding talent being Sam Mcgurk
2019 was an exceptional year for the number of young riders coming through and the numbers probably won’t be matched until 2022 as there’s a good crop of 12 year old riders who will turn 15 then so let’s hope we have a development league for them to ride in .

Serious point......A well informed analysis. Your knowledge of youth racing is impressive.

Slightly less than serious point..... Perhaps we should stop all this short term year-on-year planning that drives all us loyal fans mad and look a bit more long term. I'm sure we can find a suitable encouragement to our brightest and best to institute a breeding programme. Then 15 years (and 9 months) from now, we'll have the best young riders in the world. 

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Not offensive i just felt your attitude towards Danyon was disgusting disrespectful.Ok if you don't like or rate him that is your prerogative to mock him with Thomas( who by the way i like) was pretty low in my opinion.

Not offensive ??? but my comments were disgusting and disrespectful ??? Are you for real .

For the record i like Danyon both on and off the track very much.

I stated he scored 10 points from 5 meetings . That is  not opinion that is  just a fact .

I stated that Danyon that did not grasp the opportunity . This again is a fact and one which although he feels he wasn't given enough time he has admitted himself. 

Can you PLEASE tell me how i mocked him with Thomas ? and please tell me what i said that you thought was disgusting and disrespectful .

Look forward to your response .If it is offensive again i shall not bother replying .

15 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Fair enough although he had a opportunity at Birmingham last year and rode very poorly . 10 points from 5 meetings .Not exactly grasping the opportunity. There may be outside factors but i am not aware of any.  

Could just be that he isn't good enough for CL.. no disgrace in that but he is what he is 

• Like 1