British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4thbender

Championship Team of the Decade

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Was still his average... Even if converted

I think you're supposed to use end of season averages!

• Like 1

Sam Masters 10.82 (2019)
Linus Sundstrom 10.03 (2010)
Edward Kennett 9.75 (2015)
Richard Lawson 9.69 (2018)
Nick Morris 9.44 (2018)
Ricky Wells 9.30 (2017)
Chris Neath 9.14 (2011)
Total 68.17
My favourite team goes like this Rye House - Lakeside - Edinburgh!

On 1/2/2020 at 1:37 AM, Dandelion said:

I know my post wasn't exactly on the point, but I thought it would be an interesting variation for people to talk about... My guess at highest averages for the last decade would be Glasgow or Edinburgh... I'm gonna go look now :)

Glasgow Tigers

1 Travis McGowan 11.72 2010
2 Craig Cook 10.45 2018
3 Joe Screen 9.80 2010
4 Richard Lawson 9.12 2015
5 Rasmus Jensen 9.05 2019
6 Aaron Summers 8.57 2016
7 Richie Worrall 8.52 2017

Edinburgh Monarchs

1 Craig Cook 10.52 2013
2 Ryan Fisher 9.69 2010
3 Sam Masters 9.03 2019
4 Kevin Wolbert 8.61 2011
5 Erik Riss 8.58 2018
6 Ricky Wells 8.40 2018
7 Max Fricke 8.07 2014

As Andrew has pointed out, you cheated by using Travis McGowan's converted figure of 11.72 when his actual 2010 average was 9.09. With this adjustment, Glasgow's total drops to 64.60, which is still 0.24 below Sheffield's team total. It never pays to cheat.

So Sheffield is still in the lead

42 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

As Andrew has pointed out, you cheated by using Travis McGowan's converted figure of 11.72 when his actual 2010 average was 9.09. With this adjustment, Glasgow's total drops to 64.60, which is still 0.24 below Sheffield's team total. It never pays to cheat.

Bullsh*t... Poole have been doing it for years with plenty of success :D

Tbh I never realised it was a converted average as he was JUST before my time watching the sport... Hmmm, I bet I can still find some team or another grrr

Edited by Dandelion

On 1/1/2020 at 9:40 PM, soupy said:

Much the same but would swap Ludvig for Danny King in his heyday.

id swap ludvig for jason lyons 

15 minutes ago, diamonds7 said:

id swap ludvig for jason lyons 

Wasn't our rider, he was a guest

4 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Wasn't our rider, he was a guest

He was a guest one year but did ride for us in 2004 when he just about held the team up.Anyway that is over the timescale as I thought about him

29 minutes ago, soupy said:

He was a guest one year but did ride for us in 2004 when he just about held the team up.Anyway that is over the timescale as I thought about him

I know he rode for us at one point, but not this last decade... I did like Jason Lyons very much that year when he guested all them times

1 minute ago, Dandelion said:

I know he rode for us at one point, but not this last decade... I did like Jason Lyons very much that year when he guested all them times

That is what I have said anyway it is not within the last 10 years

5 hours ago, 4thbender said:

I guessing that you did your homework & knew that Sheffield would not be beaten, that is why you started this thread.

Well done :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I guessing that you did your homework & knew that Sheffield would not be beaten, that is why you started this thread.

Well done :rolleyes:

No, the only homework I did was working out the Sheffield team average. I would be quite pleasantly surprised if Sheffield's total were to remain unbeaten. I half expected that Glasgow and Kings Lynn would better us, but Glasgow has fallen short by a fraction and we've yet to hear from Kings Lynn.

You have to love speedway for the competitions that the sport and its fans come up with that are only fair to half the teams taking part. And then we get the nose thumbing from a fan of a team that was in the 2nd tier for all 10 years but that's now gone top tier.

Of the 12 teams in the league, only 7 have been 2nd tier (whatever the league is called) for all 10 years. How many years worth of riders have Eastbourne got to choose from in order to compete fairly with a team that can pick the best rider over 10 years?

Mind you, nice to see something unfair to Poole Pirates innit? :-) 

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

You have to love speedway for the competitions that the sport and its fans come up with that are only fair to half the teams taking part. And then we get the nose thumbing from a fan of a team that was in the 2nd tier for all 10 years but that's now gone top tier.

Of the 12 teams in the league, only 7 have been 2nd tier (whatever the league is called) for all 10 years. How many years worth of riders have Eastbourne got to choose from in order to compete fairly with a team that can pick the best rider over 10 years?

Mind you, nice to see something unfair to Poole Pirates innit? :-) 

That's why I have picked riders from Rye House 2009-2016, Lakeside 2018 and Edinburgh 2017 & 2019 to give myself a fair chance!

20 hours ago, 4thbender said:

No, the only homework I did was working out the Sheffield team average. I would be quite pleasantly surprised if Sheffield's total were to remain unbeaten. I half expected that Glasgow and Kings Lynn would better us, but Glasgow has fallen short by a fraction and we've yet to hear from Kings Lynn.

Probably because King's Lynn's last 2nd tier year was 2010? :blink: