British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Roman Matousek.RIP.

Wish there was a 'shocked'  emoji to respond to a post. 55 is very young. RIP Roman. 

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 3

RIP Roman.

Sad news indeed.

Never a dull moment when Roman was about.

RIP

• Like 3

A very young age to pass.

I remember the impact he made at Ipswich when he came in late season in 1986!

Good servant to Coventry and Sheffield!

1989 World Final at Munich when he found a very fast line by sticking his front wheel over the inside line creating a tremendous amount of grip in a Scalextric rail like way!

1991 or 92 Fours final at Peterborough when 3 riders crashed down the back straight in front of him and he then tried to jump over them. The subsequent interview on Anglia TV when he was upset by fans who claimed he was an "idiot" and his "I think the riders are going a bit crazy today!" statement was classic stuff!

• Like 4

What a character.

Feel sad right now.

Enjoyed the Roman Matousek Story which Aces On Video did on him in the 90s.

Legend.

RIP Roman.Can only echo everyones comments on here.

He was most certainly one of the Golden Greats in terms of Passion,Character and entertainment.

Will be sadly missed.

Shocked to hear this. What a crazy character! Great entertainer

RIP Roman 

I remember Roman having a punch up with Sean Wilson at Sheffield one night.

A real character.

RIP

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

A very young age to pass.

I remember the impact he made at Ipswich when he came in late season in 1986!

Good servant to Coventry and Sheffield!

1989 World Final at Munich when he found a very fast line by sticking his front wheel over the inside line creating a tremendous amount of grip in a Scalextric rail like way!

1991 or 92 Fours final at Peterborough when 3 riders crashed down the back straight in front of him and he then tried to jump over them. The subsequent interview on Anglia TV when he was upset by fans who claimed he was an "idiot" and his "I think the riders are going a bit crazy today!" statement was classic stuff!

After that fours crash someone heckled him from the crowd so he went over and punched them, with what turned out to be a broken wrist! Always great value and also had the benefit of seeing him ride in  Czech league match in Pardubice on an old 897 against GMs and he was still competitive. 

• Like 1