British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dangeruk

Factory support for a Class rider

I went on the website. Nice gear, but nice prices too. I don't know how the sport can support these costs. 

A mat in a sale,, 46 quid, normally 58,,,,,you would have to be bonkers to spend that sort of money on a mat. What's the betting a load of riders do,,, the ones who probably saying they don't make any money from speedway. 

• Like 4

I bought one for £5 in Asda ... we used that after the rider left the previous one at Scunthorpe!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, *JJ said:

I bought one for £5 in Asda ... we used that after the rider left the previous one at Scunthorpe!

Did it absorb the needed amount of oil?

Edited by f-s-p

19 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Are they back to total loss? :o

Dont know what your on about but they are supposed to be enviroenmental mats that absorb the possible oil spill, not ugly looking living room ones.

• Like 1

I think it is important to use environmental friendly mats. Maybe from coconut fibres from B & Q or the Garden Center :rofl:

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

I think it is important to use environmental friendly mats. Maybe from coconut fibres from B & Q or the Garden Center :rofl:

U mean the ones that dont absorb anything...

I think it’s a good idea, the mats. But in reality we’ve had discussions on do they actually mean rubbish. Especially in other disciplines riders travel with motorhomes to meetings that spill more oil during the weekend than their bikes use. No one cares.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, f-s-p said:

As far as we were concerned, it was to keep the dirt off the bike and tools! MDL riders didn't get to go in the pits ...

5 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Dont know what your on about but they are supposed to be enviroenmental mats that absorb the possible oil spill, not ugly looking living room ones.

If you are asking what I'm on about, you must be fairly young. Before oil catchers and the recycling oil systems in modern speedway engines, the spent oil used to drip out the bottom of the engine. To be honest, I was never too sure what the issue was about changing the rules to catch the oil, especially if the rider was using castor oil, as the oil is a vegetable based oil and is not as toxic as mineral based oils.  

10 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

If you are asking what I'm on about, you must be fairly young. Before oil catchers and the recycling oil systems in modern speedway engines, the spent oil used to drip out the bottom of the engine. To be honest, I was never too sure what the issue was about changing the rules to catch the oil, especially if the rider was using castor oil, as the oil is a vegetable based oil and is not as toxic as mineral based oils.  

Knew that, just needed confirmation. And no they are not back to total loss. And yes I’m fairly young, probably... :lol:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Knew that, just needed confirmation. And no they are not back to total loss. And yes I’m fairly young, probably... :lol:

Young and perhaps lacking a bit of SOH? :unsure: