British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Prediction thread

1. Swindon 

2. Sheffield

3. Wolves (would of been top if they hadnt messed up) 

4. Ipswich (If Holder signs) 

5. Kings Lynn 

6. Belle Vue 

7. Peterborough (depends who they sign of they get it right could move up) 

As a Swindon fan it will need the top 4 to get 40-45 points per meeting as I think the bottom 3 will struggle.

I like Belle Vue & especially Ipswich if they get Chris Holder.

Swindon with a very strong top 4

But if you look at it they have replaced Musi and Vissing ( i would say good for 12 points a meeting) with Stewart and Rowe (7 points a meeting in my opinion) so are definitely weaker.

Us at Ipswich have (if believed) Holder for Iversen.........Klindt for Harris........Covatti for Lawson.........Ayres for Sarjeant..........i believe we are stronger

Wolves have simply replaced Howarth with Nicol............if Becker keeps improving they will be in contention

Belle Vue have strength in depth but a lot will depend on their underperforming top 2...............

Sheffield look strong on paper but with question marks

Peterborough look better and Kings Lynn average

On that basis i will go

1. Ipswich

2. Wolves

3. Swindon

4. Sheffield 

5. Belle Vue

6. Peterborough

7. Kings Lynn

Sheffield & Belle Vue way over hyped. Solid 1-7's are very underestimated. 

If NKI signs for Panthers 

1. Peterborough

2. Wolves

3. Swindon

4. Ipswich

5. Sheffield

6. Belle Vue

7. King's Lynn

If NKI doesn't sign for Panthers

1. Wolves

2. Swindon

3. Peterborough

4. Ipswich

5. Sheffield

6. Belle Vue

7. King's Lynn

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Just love all the folk putting Panthers bottom with only four declared riders :D

No different to last year with Ipswich, whilst virtually everyone still predicted them bottom prior to the start of the season. And we all know how that ended.

All completed sides are a threat before the season starts. Some more than others.

• Like 1

Just a reminder that titles are not won on paper and it’s how they perform on track that is important.  As all teams build to a 42.5 points limit then any of the 7 teams can theoretically win it.  Look at last year - on paper Ipswich looked gash and they ended up as first losers in the play offs!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Sheffield & Belle Vue way over hyped. Solid 1-7's are very underestimated. 

If NKI signs for Panthers 

1. Peterborough

2. Wolves

3. Swindon

4. Ipswich

5. Sheffield

6. Belle Vue

7. King's Lynn

If NKI doesn't sign for Panthers

1. Wolves

2. Swindon

3. Peterborough

4. Ipswich

5. Sheffield

6. Belle Vue

7. King's Lynn

stay off the beer please :rofl:

7 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Just a reminder that titles are not won on paper and it’s how they perform on track that is important.  As all teams build to a 42.5 points limit then any of the 7 teams can theoretically win it.  Look at last year - on paper Ipswich looked gash and they ended up as first losers in the play offs!

all apart from wolves who don't build to the limit :rofl:

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Just love all the folk putting Panthers bottom with only four declared riders :D

To be honest most Peterborough fans had them bottom before anyone was signed.

Is it better to just think the worst, then its a massive bonus if you do well or say your going to win it only to get  a massive kick in the teeth if you dont? 

Edited by scoobydoo

5 hours ago, acef said:

Swindon and Belle Vue are a clear top 2. I'd think the odds will reflect this. Sheffield will make them. After that it's anyone's guess, although I'm pretty certain KL will be bottom.

I don’t get how Belle Vue are anywhere near a similar standard to the Robins tho so can’t agree they stand out at all.

A top 3 of Doyle/Batchelor/Jensen is likely to be match winners against any other team and up against Kurtz/Kildemand/Wright it’s a no contest. It would need all 3 to have good seasons with much improved averages to even come close. In saying that there is great potential for improvement in all 3. As it stands they have no clear number one who will get big points and often.

The lower end tho is the slightly improvement on the Robins. Ellis V Bewley could go either way.

Pit Robins top 4 against the Aces top 4 it’s not even a contest again tho.

So it’s the bottom 3 for both sides that will make the huge difference. On paper Worrall and Lidsey are head and shoulders clear of Stewart and Perks.

Id say Rowe would beat Etheridge on every track bar the NSS. Etheridge needs to prove he isn’t a one track pony.

Im not saying I don’t rate this Aces side btw before Aces fans start having a go. They just aren’t in the same league as the Robins on paper.

10 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

all apart from wolves who don't build to the limit :rofl:

Will be hilarious if and when we win the league then won’t it!

remember it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish - like the reason we made the play offs in 2019. :drink:

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Will be hilarious if and when we win the league then won’t it!

remember it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish - like the reason we made the play offs in 2019. :drink:

you won't be winning league for sure !! as for play/offs 2019 no one remembers losers :party:

• Haha 1

1. Swindon

2. Belle Vue

3. Ipswich

4. Peterborough

5. Wolves

6. Sheffield

7. Kings Lynn

TBF, top two will be the top two, other 5 could be anywhere. All dependant on Panthers signing Niels and not Mikkel B/Scotty.

• Like 1

If Swindon pick up a long term injury to one of the top 4,,,they have had it,, as not many replacement riders of a decent quality about 

• Like 1

Can we do another prediction when some teams have made their mid/end season changes in readiness for the play-offs:rolleyes: