British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Prediction thread

TBF this topic is just a bit of fun before the season kicks in, me personally, I hope 2020 is a season to remember and for all the right reasons. Good luck and best wishes to all teams and fans.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

If Swindon pick up a long term injury to one of the top 4,,,they have had it,, as not many replacement riders of a decent quality about 

same can be said for any team ? hopefully it doesn't !!

Stewart, Perks & Rowe is the weakest tail end in the league. Shocked to see so many people putting Swindon 1st.

If Ellis or Jensen has a bad night then Swindon are stuffed on that night. Robins needs the top four to being on it every week. 35+ points every week they need from those 4. 

1.   Kings Lynn

2.   Ipswich

3.   Swindon

4.   Belle Vue

5.   Peterborough 

6.   Wolves

7.   Sheffield

Forever the eternal optimist !!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

you won't be winning league for sure !! as for play/offs 2019 no one remembers losers :party:

I remember BV didn’t even make the play-offs #justsaying 

• Like 1

Half the fun of the thread is seeing people getting their knickers in a twist :D 

• Like 2

Right here we go

(1) Belle Vue

(2) Wolves

(3) Ipswich

(4) Sheffield

(5) Swindon

(6) Kings Lynn

(7) Peterborough

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I don’t get how Belle Vue are anywhere near a similar standard to the Robins tho so can’t agree they stand out at all.

A top 3 of Doyle/Batchelor/Jensen is likely to be match winners against any other team and up against Kurtz/Kildemand/Wright it’s a no contest. It would need all 3 to have good seasons with much improved averages to even come close. In saying that there is great potential for improvement in all 3. As it stands they have no clear number one who will get big points and often.

The lower end tho is the slightly improvement on the Robins. Ellis V Bewley could go either way.

Pit Robins top 4 against the Aces top 4 it’s not even a contest again tho.

So it’s the bottom 3 for both sides that will make the huge difference. On paper Worrall and Lidsey are head and shoulders clear of Stewart and Perks.

Id say Rowe would beat Etheridge on every track bar the NSS. Etheridge needs to prove he isn’t a one track pony.

Im not saying I don’t rate this Aces side btw before Aces fans start having a go. They just aren’t in the same league as the Robins on paper.

Doyle is a much stronger number 1 than Kurtz.

Absolutely nothing between Wright/Killer and Batch/Jensen. In fact Jensen will struggle to keep that average.

Below that BV are much stronger.

2 top teams whichever way it’s dressed and will be cut free from the rest of the league.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, acef said:

Absolutely nothing between Wright/Killer and Batch/Jensen. In fact Jensen will struggle to keep that average.

2 top teams whichever way it’s dressed and will be cut free from the rest of the league.

I’d change your red and black tinted specs 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, acef said:

Doyle vs Kurtz = Doyle 

Batch vs Killer = Batch 

Jensen vs Wright = Jensen 

Ellis vs Bewley = Ellis 

Stewart vs Worrall = close.. depends if Worrall is over injuries 

Perks vs Lidsey = Lidsey 

Rowe vs Etheridge = Rowe everywhere else over than the NSS 

so not close really... dont get the fuss on this Belle Vue team at all 

• Like 3

I’ve put Aces second because for me they have five riders with improvement in them. Of course that also comes with risk as nothing is guaranteed. 

Essentially they look less mediocre than five other teams. 

39 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’ve put Aces second because for me they have five riders with improvement in them. Of course that also comes with risk as nothing is guaranteed. 

Essentially they look less mediocre than five other teams. 

That's pretty much how I see it although my assessment is that we should reach the play offs, not that we are necessarily the second best team. Potentially, I think we have two big improves in Bewley and Lidsey and Kurtz, Wright and Worrall capable of increasing their starting average. 

It's academic to the extent that,  as we all know, it's not usually the team you start with but the changes you make later in the season and injuries that determine where you finish. 

As it stands, Swindon have the strongest top 4 but then 3 not very strong reserves.   

For me, looking at the Aces,  there is a big question mark over Kildemand. We know what he can do but his form last year was poor by his standards.  If he gets back to his best we have a solid team with Lidsey at reserve and if he moves up,  Worrall to replace him. If that is how it works out then I think our overall team strength is as good as Swindon. Although they have the added benefit of a bigger home track advantage. 

If Kildemand continues his poor form we must act quickly to replace him. The difficulty could be finding a better alternative

Edited by Aces51

Love to see so many different opinions this to me says that we could have a very even competitive league this year.Lots of if's and but's for a lot of teams it will be interesting to see which teams gel and which teams disappoint looking forward now for the season to start

1. Peterborough

2. Wolves

3. Kings Lynn

4. Ipswich

5. Belle Vue

6. Sheffield

7. Swindon

1. Swindon

2. Sheffield

3. Belle Vue

4. Wolverhampton

5. King's Lynn