British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Prediction thread

8 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Plenty of 4/5/6 pointers out there unsigned it's heat leaders that there's a shortage 

But will they be ready? 

If and it's a big if all riders stay fit, and all clubs stay with their starting 7 then my prediction is

1  Swindon

2  Belle Vue

3   Kings Lynn

4  Sheffield

5  Wolves

6  Ipswich

7  Peterborough

If Peterborough can find a decent 6 pointer and 4 pointer for their final 2 riders, meaning they will have good reserves all season. Then I see them at 5 maybe depending on a certain NP 

even 4.

2 hours ago, hyderd said:

If and it's a big if all riders stay fit, and all clubs stay with their starting 7 then my prediction is

1  Swindon

2  Belle Vue

3   Kings Lynn

4  Sheffield

5  Wolves

6  Ipswich

7  Peterborough

If Peterborough can find a decent 6 pointer and 4 pointer for their final 2 riders, meaning they will have good reserves all season. Then I see them at 5 maybe depending on a certain NP 

even 4.

I hope your right about Lynn. But  I would be surprised if they finish in the top 5. I agree that if Peterborough fill their last 2 places wisely, they will be in the payoffs, no problem.

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 2/25/2020 at 1:16 PM, Baldyman said:

Sheffield

Panthers

Wolves

Belle vue

Swindon

Lynn

Ipswich

Good to see such optimism Baldy ! 

• Haha 1

1 Belle Vue 

2 Swindon            

3 Sheffield  

4 Wolves  

5 Peterborough  

6 King's Lynn  

7 Ipswich  

B/Vue to beat Swindon in play/off Final 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

1 Belle Vue 

2 Swindon            

3 Sheffield  

4 Wolves  

5 Peterborough  

6 King's Lynn  

7 Ipswich  

B/Vue to beat Swindon in play/off Final 

Groundhog day again for wishful thinking Geoff  :D

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 1:16 PM, Baldyman said:

Sheffield

Panthers

Wolves

Belle vue

Swindon

Lynn

Ipswich

2 hours ago, Super Blue said:

Good to see such optimism Baldy ! 

I thought that was optimistic for Baldy - I was expecting a prediction of 8th for the Witches :P;):lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I thought that was optimistic for Baldy - I was expecting a prediction of 8th for the Witches :P;):lol:

Half empty

On 1/14/2020 at 9:59 AM, Col said:

Without knowing who will fill the final berths at Ipswich & P'boro, difficult to judge.

Swindon - the bottom end is looking a bit feeble, but Perks should improve further and good on Swindon for giving a young Brit in Rowe a chance.  The danger is that Jensen is not able to maintain the level he achieved during a spectacular breakout season in 2019.  An injury to Doyle will be hard to overcome.  Play-Offs, yep.

Sheffield - Solid top 5, guessing the hope is that there is improvement in Holder because can't see much improvement anywhere else in the team but no real risks either. Play-Offs, yep.

Belle Vue - Interesting team, could Kurtz finally become a genuine #1 is the first question.  Can Kildemand rediscover any of the form he showed a few years ago another big question.  Don't think there is much more to come from Worrall if I'm honest but there certainly should be from Bewley & Lidsey.  Play-Offs, likely.

Kings Lynn - same old, same old.  Lambert had a poor 2019 but better back up from the start of the season this year in Cook & Riss will help.  Jorgensen, Proctor & Kerr are uninspiring signings and suspect Hartel will struggle.  Play-Offs, maybe.

Wolves - If Morris can rediscover his form from 2017 then Wolves might do OK but the likely improvement at the bottom end may only make up for the 2 points the team starts below the limit.  Masters, Thorrsell & Schlien are not going to improve and none of them are genuine #1's.  Play-Offs, unlikely.

Of these septets can only see Swindon, Sheffield & Belle Vue potentially winning the play-offs.

Following recent signings I stick by the above.

Going for -

Swindon
Belle Vue
P'boro
Sheffield
Ipswich
Kings Lynn
Wolves

Think P'boro look good, bags of experience which usually means the team starts the season strong but can run out of gas, just hope NKI's schedule doesn't mean he'll miss too many fixtures.  Andersen needs to stay fit.  Play-Offs, likely.

Not so sure about Witches, it looks allot better than the team they started last season with, who I thought would be the whipping boys of the league yet they made the playoffs.  Hope not too much is expected of Crump after being away for 8 years but he was a class act so may well end up as Witches #1  And fair play to them giving Kemp a chance at reserve. Play-Offs, unlikely.

Edited by Col
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Col said:

Following recent signings I stick by the above.

Going for -

Swindon
Belle Vue
P'boro
Sheffield
Ipswich
Kings Lynn
Wolves

Think P'boro look good, bags of experience which usually means the team starts the season strong but can run out of gas, just hope NKI's schedule doesn't mean he'll miss too many fixtures.  Andersen needs to stay fit.  Play-Offs, likely.

Not so sure about Witches, it looks allot better than the team they started last season with, who I thought would be the whipping boys of the league yet they made the playoffs.  Hope not too much is expected of Crump after being away for 8 years but he was a class act so may well end up as Witches #1  And fair play to them giving Kemp a chance at reserve. Play-Offs, unlikely.

A Cradley fan putting Wolves last, quelle surprise :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

A Cradley fan putting Wolves last, quelle surprise :rolleyes:

i swear people cant criticise the wolves team without you jumping on them...

Just now, therefused said:

i swear people cant criticise the wolves team without you jumping on them...

Please feel free to quote me any I’ve criticised this pre season to prove your point.

ive not seen any other post that has Wolves last so far.

Did you miss my criticism of the Wolves management picking Nicol over Nicholls, or do only read selectively?

feel free to prove me wrong tho.