British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Prediction thread

6 hours ago, acef said:

KL haven't a hope in my eyes. It's far too predictable and will struggle for points away. As ever a team which will be strong at home but I fear that won't be enough.

Swindon, Belle Vue and Sheffield really stand out for me. All those teams have good heat leaders and strong 2nd strings. Swindon and Belle Vue have the edge with better reserves.

It's then a choice between wolves and Peterborough for the final spot imo.

King's Lynn and Ipswich in a fight for the spoon.

Will be a good league regardless and nice to see some names back who will put bums on seats.

I think you’re over rating Swindon and under rating Peterborough!

For me, Boro is the strongest team, with everyone having the potential to add a point.

18 minutes ago, DC2 said:

For me, Boro is the strongest team, with everyone having the potential to add a point.

I’m really not convinced by Sheffield either. We shall see, looks like a very interesting season ahead. 

1. Belle Vue

2. Wolves

3. Swindon

4. Sheffield 

5. Ipswich

6. Peterborough

7. Kings Lynn

8. Poole

;)

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Peterborough look a bit dads army for me. Agree there is big potential but it’s only that, and I think the reason for it looking like potential is their age. Perhaps those averages are accurate given the stages of their careers?

That said it’s a still a team which challenge for the play offs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acef said:

Peterborough look a bit dads army for me. Agree there is big potential but it’s only that, and I think the reason for it looking like potential is their age. Perhaps those averages are accurate given the stages of their careers?

That said it’s a still a team which challenge for the play offs

There certainly seems more potential at Peterborough than most other teams, experience means a lot but it is a shame they couldn't have drafted in some youngsters to learn from these guys. There should be at least  one British  under 21 rider in every team.

Edited by foreverblue

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

There certainly seems more potential at Peterborough than most other teams, experience means a lot but it is a shame they couldn't have drafted in some youngsters to learn from these guys. There should be at least  one British  under 21 rider in every team.

People are referring to them as Dad's Army and yet you say they have more potential than most other teams - a bit of an oxymoron :wink:

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You mean like in the Poole CL team, Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.  :)

5 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

People are referring to them as Dad's Army and yet you say they have more potential than most other teams - a bit of an oxymoron :wink:

NKI and Bomber will both score more points with the Showground as their home track...

1 hour ago, Spl77 said:

I think Ipswich might again surprise you all however alot depends on crump. 

As much as I want Ipswich to do well,,, I'm not sure we have enough improvement in our team,,, which can be key

16 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

And he wouldve done had it not been for the visa issues...

Not that you will accept this as reasoned debate and understanding isnt high on your list of skills

must have missed the report saying ipswich were trying to sign chris holder ????? anyone got any actual proof ???? no they haven't its all hear say :nono: so let's deal with FACTS which is chris holder NOT riding for ipswich !! that is very high on my skills thank you :party:

43 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

As much as I want Ipswich to do well,,, I'm not sure we have enough improvement in our team,,, which can be key

Possibly, however people are talking about Peterborough. They have riders like Harris Andersen and Nicholls who have been on a downward trend for a while. I think this year its going to be very tight. 

I'm quietly conferdent for Ipswich. We will have a high scoring number 6 all season given an injury free season I feel Allen can up his average as hopefully can Heeps and Klint. As I said much will depend on crump if he is only scoring 6 and 7s each week we could be in trouble. 

Just keep the pressure of young Kemp let him enjoy his speedway and he could be fantastic at 7. 

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

You mean like in the Poole CL team, Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.  :)

Poole have some Aussies but so do Swindon, the majority of riders in the Poole team are British though. Anyway not sure this is the right place for Poole or CL  discussions .

Edited by foreverblue

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Poole have some Aussies but so do Swindon, the majority of riders in the Poole team are British though. Anyway not sure this is the right place for Poole or CL  discussions .

Yes, but you said every PL team should have an U21 Brit; and surely that should start in the CL, with teams like Poole setting an example rather than signing three 4 point Aussies?