British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Prediction thread

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

must have missed the report saying ipswich were trying to sign chris holder ????? anyone got any actual proof ???? no they haven't its all hear say :nono: so let's deal with FACTS which is chris holder NOT riding for ipswich !! that is very high on my skills thank you :party:

I assume you realise that some folk on here are close enough to people involved at speedway clubs to know what’s going on without it having to be in the public domain? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

People are referring to them as Dad's Army and yet you say they have more potential than most other teams - a bit of an oxymoron :wink:

They certainly have riders who underperformed last season and are capable of much better, a lot of people are tipping Swindon to do well but they don't have many riders who you would expect to improve much.

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes, but you said every PL team should have an U21 Brit; and surely that should start in the CL, with teams like Poole setting an example rather than signing three 4 point Aussies?

If any team should set an example it should be the previous seasons champions but I don't think it is up to any team to set an example it should be in the rules.

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I assume you realise that some folk on here are close enough to people involved at speedway clubs to know what’s going on without it having to be in the public domain? 

until actual proof is proved it's all gossip & chit chat better to deal in FACTS :party::t:

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

They certainly have riders who underperformed last season and are capable of much better, a lot of people are tipping Swindon to do well but they don't have many riders who you would expect to improve much.

The top 4 of Swindon should be around the same average as they started with so if the bottom 3 don’t improve then it would be highly unlikely to retain the title.

As you say improvement is something that is needed but so is maintaining their starting average.

14 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

until actual proof is proved it's all gossip & chit chat better to deal in FACTS :party::t:

Most of the forum contains chit chat!

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Most of the forum contains chit chat!

exactly :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

The top 4 of Swindon should be around the same average as they started with so if the bottom 3 don’t improve then it would be highly unlikely to retain the title.

As you say improvement is something that is needed but so is maintaining their starting average.

If all Swindon Top 4 maintain their average they will have had a good season, I think Perks can improve a little but it really depends on what Stewart and Rowe are capable of .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

Indeed

Edited by bigcatdiary

16 hours ago, foreverblue said:

If any team should set an example it should be the previous seasons champions but I don't think it is up to any team to set an example it should be in the rules.

Well, your wish has been granted because Swindon have Anders Rowe!

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Jordan Stewart! 

What about him?

You said the Champions should set an example by signing a Brit U21 and we have.

Stewart is a proven foreigner on his way up, unlike Poole’s Aussies who have denied places for Greaves, Kinsley and Hume.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

What about him?

You said the Champions should set an example by signing a Brit U21 and we have.

Stewart is a proven foreigner on his way up, unlike Poole’s Aussies who have denied places for Greaves, Kinsley and Hume.

Anders has a chance i hope he makes it. Poole has 4 British riders Swindon has 3. As i said it should be in the rules, Swindon have Anders because his average fitted,they could have had a British rider instead of Stewart. 

On 2/28/2020 at 9:07 AM, DC2 said:

I think you’re over rating Swindon and under rating Peterborough!

For me, Boro is the strongest team, with everyone having the potential to add a point.

I rate pboro but can’t see a point improvement in everyone personally, palm toft at 6.3 is about the highest he’ll avg - he’s good value to maintain that but can’t see him going north of 7, can’t see tungate getting up to 7.59 either 7 as a threshold imo, nicholls and hans will improve I think and possibly bomber with a more preferred home track - is niels really gonna go up to 8.54?? More like 8 max imo, not knocking anyone just think you’re over exaggerating 

12 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

I rate pboro but can’t see a point improvement in everyone personally, palm toft at 6.3 is about the highest he’ll avg - he’s good value to maintain that but can’t see him going north of 7, can’t see tungate getting up to 7.59 either 7 as a threshold imo, nicholls and hans will improve I think and possibly bomber with a more preferred home track - is niels really gonna go up to 8.54?? More like 8 max imo, not knocking anyone just think you’re over exaggerating 

Here’s their signed averages for this year and their 2018 ones in brackets:

Andersen 5.79 (7.56), Tungate 6.59 (7.61), Harris 6.16 (7.78), Nicholls 5.5 (6.64).

Surely there’s a chance that they could recover their 2018 form and add a point each?

• Like 1