• Haha 1

Swindon

ipswich

Belle Vue

Sheffield

Peterborough

Wolves

Kings lynn

He who can defend thier home turf will make the top 4, points will be vital in away matches,last year was tight at the pointy end and this year will be even tighter ,seems strange not having the Poole in this line up,what were they thinking 

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Bit harsh that, he wasn’t ‘hopeless’ but only rode a handful of meetings before getting injured and most of those were on smaller tracks. Given a longer run and in a league where 75% of his matches will be on big, fast circuits he could perform very differently. As has been said two years is a decent chunk of time for a young rider to develop and hopefully he will be a decent number seven for us. 

Maybe, but you can only judge on his last time here, which wasn’t very successful at all.

Obviously he is 2 years older and more experienced so maybe you will see a different rider this time.

The majority of the tracks here will be much smaller than he is used to so you have to hope he has progressed and is adaptable. 

1 hour ago, Spiderman1 said:

Swindon

ipswich

Belle Vue

Sheffield

Peterborough

Wolves

Kings lynn

He who can defend thier home turf will make the top 4, points will be vital in away matches,last year was tight at the pointy end and this year will be even tighter ,seems strange not having the Poole in this line up,what were they thinking 

Money as usual. Bad move imho. Might back fire.

Edited by Bald Bloke

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I can enjoy watching this league and not care that Swindon are beating us! Lol.

1. Swindon

2. Sheffield 

3. Wolves

4. Belle Vue

5. Peterborough 

6. Ipswich 

7. King's Lynn 

Disappointing that the Wessex derby has gone from the fixtures, and the bigger crowds. Swindon have certainly been Poole's bogey team in past few years.

19 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

You have got the 1 to 7 upside down  haven't you?

Probably lol! Although BV will be in the same position :D

5 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Disappointing that the Wessex derby has gone from the fixtures, and the bigger crowds. Swindon have certainly been Poole's bogey team in past few years.

That is true! BV always used to be the only 'northern team in the league.' But now Swindon are the only 'southern' team! :blink:

Cant believe a new season is about to start yet there seem hardly any interest at all.     Having acquired a few old names to come back this year, I was hoping it might rekindle a few old supporters, but talking to a few I'm not so sure.  Christ, I can remember when we got a thousand fans going to Practise day such was the demand ..    Shame how the sport has changed so much...

Pleased the Panthers have a decent team this year,  I can see them getting to the  PO with ease.  My guess would be, they will be joined by BV,  Swindon and Sheffield .     The Stars has employed the same ideology that never works,   but nobody seems to care.   We stand as much chance of winning the Premiership as Poole do......;)

Am liking the look of P/Borough now they are complete, strong reserves always makes a difference and P/Borough have that.

1  Swindon

2  P/Borough

3  B Vue

4  Wolves

5  K/Lynn

6  Sheffield

7  Ippo

swindon

wolves

belle vue

kings lynn

sheffield

ipswich

peterborough

Swindon do look best, wolves I think will surprise a few, will be a fortress at home, same with lynn, I think if nicki does a leave after 6/8 weeks then Sheffield will struggle

really don't understand people liking peterboroughs team, experience is one thing but for me most riders are on there way down im afraid, and again how long will NkI last before bjerre comes in

Edited by Phil The Ace

48 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

really don't understand people liking peterboroughs team, experience is one thing but for me most riders are on there way down im afraid, and again how long will NkI last before bjerre comes in

Not sure that will make s huge amount of difference really. I think they will do well because they have riders like Harris, Andersen and Nicholls riding in positions below where they have done in recent years. And Ostergaard will be better than many other reserves especially at home.

59 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

swindon

wolves

belle vue

kings lynn

sheffield

ipswich

peterborough

Swindon do look best, wolves I think will surprise a few, will be a fortress at home, same with lynn, I think if nicki does a leave after 6/8 weeks then Sheffield will struggle

Peterborough will finish in the play offs for sure, they have a very experienced team many of whom will increase their average after having had a really  poor season , we all know they are not the riders they once were but they are much better than they showed last season.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Peterborough will finish in the play offs for sure, they have a very experienced team many of whom will increase their average after having had a really  poor season , we all know they are not the riders they once were but they are much better than they showed last season.

Is there any improvement in them though, they have a 40+ year old and the rest are high 30s except for tungate, unless your hancock you don't Improve at them ages, hope im proved wrong, only time will tell

• Like 2

I think there are valid reasons they will improve ie a better home track for Bomber, Hans being injury and personal problem free, Scott being at reserve. They could all put a point on if things go their way. 

• Like 1