British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Prediction thread

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Is there any improvement in them though, they have a 40+ year old and the rest are high 30s except for tungate, unless your hancock you don't Improve at them ages, hope im proved wrong, only time will tell

The point is they will better last seasons figures because they had good reasons why they rode badly last year. Hans had a couple of very bad crashes, Harris had a home track that clearly he didn't enjoy,Iversen only did a few meetings for Ipswich at the end of the season and who wouldn't want Scott Nicholls at reserve! It takes some believing how low their averages are now and they will have Hans and Harris as second strings, if they all got back to 2018 levels which in my opinion is very possible then making the play offs will not be a problem.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I think there are valid reasons they will improve ie a better home track for Bomber, Hans being injury and personal problem free, Scott being at reserve. They could all put a point on if things go their way. 

And all a year older. Natural decline. Personally I think they’ll all finish with very similar averages to which they’re starting the season with. Time will tell obviously. 

59 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

And all a year older. Natural decline. Personally I think they’ll all finish with very similar averages to which they’re starting the season with. Time will tell obviously. 

We shall see. They obviously all need to avoid crashes and knocks to have better years.

Bombers on the decline but this is his track, he should arrest the decline this yr

Keep hearing about the decline of some, but does not seem to be too many vying to take their places

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

They may be a year older but most will have decent head on their shoulders that has been gained through years of experience. My take on these situation is that the older rider will always be relied upon when the situation needs it.   An experience rider can have an off day  and only score 7s or 8s, whereas a lesser rider will have an off day and only score 4s and 5s.    From watching more young riders than I care to remember, give me an experienced one every time.... 

15 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

swindon

wolves

belle vue

kings lynn

sheffield

ipswich

peterborough

Swindon do look best, wolves I think will surprise a few, will be a fortress at home, same with lynn, I think if nicki does a leave after 6/8 weeks then Sheffield will struggle

really don't understand people liking peterboroughs team, experience is one thing but for me most riders are on there way down im afraid, and again how long will NkI last before bjerre comes in

If Pedersen does leave then Sheffield have a problem in terms of replacing him. 

They must have something lined up. If they know this is a temp deal then they’d be stupid to not have a contingency.

Bjerre will end up at either of there or Peterborough if Iversen does the same as Niki.

I have to say it bothers me that this type of conversation happens. They have committed to the league and should see out a full season.

What makes you think they’ll go?

5 hours ago, acef said:

They must have something lined up. If they know this is a temp deal then they’d be stupid to not have a contingency.

Bjerre will end up at either of there or Peterborough if Iversen does the same as Niki.

I have to say it bothers me that this type of conversation happens. They have committed to the league and should see out a full season.

They will be sick of washing crumps mud from thier goggles 

7 hours ago, acef said:

From what I hear NKI is only foung a few ml ths till bjerre can come. 

Regarding nicki the word on the street is he will give it a few months himself. If hes enjoying himself he will stay. If it's to much he will drop UK.  Hope he does stay though 

Personally I think he will enjoy himself and therefore stay all season

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

From what I hear NKI is only foung a few ml ths till bjerre can come. 

Regarding nicki the word on the street is he will give it a few months himself. If hes enjoying himself he will stay. If it's to much he will drop UK.  Hope he does stay though 

Personally I think he will enjoy himself and therefore stay all season

Hope he does stay for the season, but our wonderful summer months could have a say in the matter.

Well this is how the bookies have it...

Belle Vue 9/4

Swindon  3/1

Peterborough 4/1

Kings Lynn 11/2

Wolves 6/1

Sheffield 16/1

Ipswich  20/1

Lets see how good the bookies are this season as they had us rock bottom last year and we made the play off final. Lets hope they are totally wrong again.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bash said:

Lets see how good the bookies are this season as they had us rock bottom last year and we made the play off final. Lets hope they are totally wrong again.

Was going to say the same, think they had us 33’s rank outsiders last year :D

18 hours ago, acef said:

Why is he leaving?

He said, and Steady said, that he is here for the season when he was at Owlerton the other week, he is not in the GP,s so he is not warming  up for those.

Love to know who has talked to Nikki to find this information out

48 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Why is he leaving?

He said, and Steady said, that he is here for the season when he was at Owlerton the other week, he is not in the GP,s so he is not warming  up for those.

Love to know who has talked to Nikki to find this information out

Some people move in different circles to the ones others do, you shouldn’t judge others by your standards.

I also said if. I personally don’t have a clue but I trust a man that does, and he’s posted not too long ago on this thread.