British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Prediction thread

On 3/5/2020 at 10:02 AM, foreverblue said:

Peterborough will finish in the play offs for sure, they have a very experienced team many of whom will increase their average after having had a really  poor season , we all know they are not the riders they once were but they are much better than they showed last season.

I don't see all the upbeat enthusiasm   Blue with this  Panthers  side, for me it is a side that is on a  downward slope.At home they will be hard to beat away from home cant see them getting that much at all.Ulrich at reserve for me he will be doing well to beat the likes of young Kemp/Rowe  hope i am wrong because the Panthers last year with so unlucky.Last year  there original side  was   disrupted and changed  but i don't see this side reaching the playoffs for me there is  not anough heat winners in it.

Edited by Sidney the robin

30 minutes ago, acef said:

Some people move in different circles to the ones others do, you shouldn’t judge others by your standards.

I also said if. I personally don’t have a clue but I trust a man that does, and he’s posted not too long ago on this thread.

I will wait for Nikki's friend, or ex friend as he obviously let the cat out of the bag as to how long he is here for, to come back and tell me when Nikki told him

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I don't see all the upbeat enthusiasm   Blue with this  Panthers  side, for me it is a side that is on a  downward slope.At home they will be hard to beat away from home cant see them getting that much at all.Ulrich at reserve for me he will be doing well to beat the likes of young Kemp/Rowe  hope i am wrong because the Panthers last year with so unlucky.Last year  there original side  was   disrupted and changed  but i don't see this side reaching the playoffs for me there is  not anough heat winners in it.

Ulrich Ostergaard will be ok at home especially against riders like Rowe ,Kemp,Ashley Morris and Todd Kurtz , their other reserve is Nicholls , they should have a very good reserve all through the season along with Hans and Harris at second string will be strong add in NKI who i think will be a very strong heatleader home and away.

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

I will wait for Nikki's friend, or ex friend as he obviously let the cat out of the bag as to how long he is here for, to come back and tell me when Nikki told him

I think that is a very minimalistic view point, but you are not alone on this forum with such a thought process.

People talk. No matter the proffesion or the level, that is human nature. 

The main point here is that Sheffield will surely be aware and if they have invested so much money, on the back of a sponsor, for a definitely maybe then that is risky business. 

Especially when you consider the lack of number ones and that Bjerre will likely go to Peterborough.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Ulrich Ostergaard will be ok at home especially against riders like Rowe ,Kemp,Ashley Morris and Todd Kurtz , their other reserve is Nicholls , they should have a very good reserve all through the season along with Hans and Harris at second string will be strong add in NKI who i think will be a very strong heatleader home and away.

Have they anough top end strength though anough heat winners on paper Nicholls/Ostergaard  look ok but everyone thought that when they had Barker/L.Bjerre at reserve.I think those weaker riders at reserve you named will be harder to beat than you think it will be interesting but i will say the diehard Peterborough fans deserve a good team and i wish them luck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I think the Panthers look in pretty good shape, all the way through the side.

• Like 2

My prediction for this season:

Play off contenders : Wolves, Peterborough, Swindon, Belle Vue

Final - Wolves v Swindon
Champions - Swindon

Wooden spoon contenders : Ipswich, Kings Lynn, Sheffield

Wooden Spoon - Kings Lynn

Only have to look at the odds for Sheffield to know how long nicki will be there 

Belle Vue odds on as well.

Like I said there is nothing between BV and Swindon as it currently stands and that’s reflected in the market.

11 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Have they anough top end strength though anough heat winners on paper Nicholls/Ostergaard  look ok but everyone thought that when they had Barker/L.Bjerre at reserve.I think those weaker riders at reserve you named will be harder to beat than you think it will be interesting but i will say the diehard Peterborough fans deserve a good team and i wish them luck.

If you have strength though out the team I don't think top end power is needed as much because the points will come from other areas and they do have Iversen who is a top rider.

Edited by foreverblue

2 hours ago, acef said:

Like I said there is nothing between BV and Swindon as it currently stands and that’s reflected in the market.

Betting markets are often wrong, Swindon's top 4 are the strongest in the league, if the other 3 riders step up to the mark, then look no further than Swindon for top spot.

Belle Vue do look good from 1-6, J Etheridge hopefully will be a good number 7, PK needs to bring his former form with him,time will tell. 

4 hours ago, acef said:

Aces not odds on they are 9/4 or 2/1 :t:

39 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

You can already sense the jealousy about our 1-7. Bookmakers have got everything wrong. Peterborough 4/1 is printing money. It's a bigger banker than Tiger Roll winning the Cross Country at Cheltenham next week.

SGB PANTHERSHIP BAY BAY!!

1. Peterborough

---------------------------------

The rest 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th.

Oh no......

Where have I heard this kind of tripe before.....

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

You can already sense the jealousy about our 1-7. Bookmakers have got everything wrong. Peterborough 4/1 is printing money. It's a bigger banker than Tiger Roll winning the Cross Country at Cheltenham next week.

SGB PANTHERSHIP BAY BAY!!

1. Peterborough

---------------------------------

The rest 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th.

deluded :rofl:

7 hours ago, acef said:

And you said pretty much the same last year and got absolutely Jack.

I think Belle Vue look top four but Swindon if they avoid injuries are better.

Apart from Lynn and Ipswich I think their is little between any of them.