British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Prediction thread

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

Oh no......

Where have I heard this kind of tripe before.....

Same idiot, 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, foreverblue said:

If you have strength though out the team I don't think top end power is needed as much because the points will come from other areas and they do have Iversen who is a top rider.

For me dress it as much as you want  to get 49 points plus you need  top end strength.This  notion of  everybody chipping in  to  get a  result is in my view is  not workable you always need at least two riders to score double figures plus every meeting.

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

For me dress it as much as you want  to get 49 points plus you need  top end strength.This  notion of  everybody chipping in  to  get a  result is in my view is  not workable you always need at least two riders to score double figures plus every meeting.

We will just have to see which works better , Swindon with weak reserves or Peterborough with a more rounded approach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

And you said pretty much the same last year and got absolutely Jack.

I think Belle Vue look top four but Swindon if they avoid injuries are better.

Apart from Lynn and Ipswich I think their is little between any of them.

Why the bitterness?

Betting markets are often wrong, I was merely pointing out that the bookmakers share a similar viewpoint to me.

Its not a competition.

9 hours ago, hyderd said:

Betting markets are often wrong, Swindon's top 4 are the strongest in the league, if the other 3 riders step up to the mark, then look no further than Swindon for top spot.

Belle Vue do look good from 1-6, J Etheridge hopefully will be a good number 7, PK needs to bring his former form with him,time will tell. 

They are, but then I didn’t suggest they were.

As above, I was pointing out that the odds are in line with my own expectations

Both could be wrong.

5 hours ago, Speedster15 said:

They are on that we agree. Hans Andersen, Chris Harris on low averages because Hans had to deal with personal problems and Harris had to ride Foxhall every week. Iversen on the downward spiral no chance lol. He's still a GP rider competing with the best riders this sport has to offer. Scotty Nicholls at reserve will make mince meat out of riders like A. Morris, T. Kurtz, Rowe, Etheridge, Perks, Hartel and co. 

It’s akin to dads army.

It will be knocking on the door of the play offs of that I’m certain and Peterborough will have a much better season than last.

There are however, better teams in the division imo.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, acef said:

Belle Vue odds on as well.

Like I said there is nothing between BV and Swindon as it currently stands and that’s reflected in the market.

Er ..... not quite !!

Bet365 current odds (07/03/2020)

2/1   Belle Vue

7/2   Peterborough

7/2   Swindon

6/1   Kings Lynn

7/1   Wolverhampton

12/1  Sheffield

20/1  Ipswich

It's just like the old days for the Witches, starting every season as outsiders. Strangely in our time in the second division we were often favourites. So my question is,,, why can't we put a team together that looks like winners in top league, where some always look to have put a good team together. 

6 hours ago, acef said:

Why the bitterness?

Betting markets are often wrong, I was merely pointing out that the bookmakers share a similar viewpoint to me.

Its not a competition.

Have you not come across BCD before :D 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

We will just have to see which works better , Swindon with weak reserves or Peterborough with a more rounded approach.

Puk is the key to this Panthers side he has to try and average within half a point of Doyle for this side to have any chance.His British form has slipped in recent years and to be honest is he a trusted week in week out number 1 now the jury is out for me.Also is the Uk a top priority for him ? i hope he gets back to his best as i have been a fan of his since his Newport days and his early battles with Charlie Gjedde.

12 hours ago, Panthers70 said:

Er ..... not quite !!

Bet365 current odds (07/03/2020)

2/1   Belle Vue

7/2   Peterborough

7/2   Swindon

6/1   Kings Lynn

7/1   Wolverhampton

12/1  Sheffield

20/1  Ipswich

6/1 for Kings Lynn?  Be just as well putting your money on a three legged donkey to win the Grand National :wink:

1 hour ago, Speedster15 said:

Putting money on anyone other than Peterborough is like putting money on a three legged donkey to win the Grand National.

Go away!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

I'm good thanks. 

what you watching repeats of Dad's Army on Gold :rofl:

• Haha 1

It gets said every time and nobody takes any notice but stop biting FFS