British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Prediction thread

Meanwhile somewhere in the world a bear takes a dump in the woods.:D

5 hours ago, Steve0 said:

6/1 for Kings Lynn?  Be just as well putting your money on a three legged donkey to win the Grand National :wink:

Did Orion price this lot up for Bet 365 ??  whoever did is not that clued up on Speedway and Orion certainly fits that bill.He had the audacity to mock Mick the muppet yet Mick knows alot more about the history of speedway that Orion would ever know.

10 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Puk is the key to this Panthers side he has to try and average within half a point of Doyle for this side to have any chance.His British form has slipped in recent years and to be honest is he a trusted week in week out number 1 now the jury is out for me.Also is the Uk a top priority for him ? i hope he gets back to his best as i have been a fan of his since his Newport days and his early battles with Charlie Gjedde.

Not sure its all about Iversen, he only has to maintain his current average to have a decent season, it is more about how Hans, Harris and Nicholls perform in my opinion 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Not sure its all about Iversen, he only has to maintain his current average to have a decent season, it is more about how Hans, Harris and Nicholls perform in my opinion 

not very well in my opinion !!

30 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

30 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think that current average is good anough  though blue he is better than that.But he needs to stand up like Doyley and boss the important heats i am not sure he can consistently do that anymore.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

not very well in my opinion !!

I think Hans can certainly improve Geoff , Harris will as usual entertain us along the way and will be alot better at home.But personally i prefer youth and improvement over experience i.e.) the likes of Bewley, Lidsey, Ellis, over Andersen, Nicholls, Harris.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think Hans can certainly improve Geoff , Harris will as usual entertain us along the way and will be alot better at home.But personally i prefer youth and improvement over experience i.e.) the likes of Bewley, Lidsey, Ellis, over Andersen, Nicholls, Harris.

me to personally !! when peterboro !! are at NSS only tungate & nki will do anything maybe MPT  who has caused us problems in the past !!

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I don't think that current average is good anough  though blue he is better than that.But he needs to stand up like Doyley and boss the important heats i am not sure he can consistently do that anymore.

Doyley is by far the best rider in the league, can't see even Nicki P getting anywhere near his consistency. I have always liked Iversen and i feel he will be a very good consistant number one. 

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

me to personally !! when peterboro !! are at NSS only tungate & nki will do anything maybe MPT  who has caused us problems in the past !!

You are probably right but only two of their twenty four league matches will be at the NSS next year. Even if they got nothing from those two meetings (and I’m not convinced they won’t) P’boro have more than enough about them to get into the top four. Can’t see any of their riders improving dramatically but they could all put a little bit on their starting figures which would give them a good chance come the business end of the season. 

In my opinion of course. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

You are probably right but only two of their twenty four league matches will be at the NSS next year. Even if they got nothing from those two meetings (and I’m not convinced they won’t) P’boro have more than enough about them to get into the top four. Can’t see any of their riders improving dramatically but they could all put a little bit on their starting figures which would give them a good chance come the business end of the season. 

In my opinion of course. 

i  would put them possible play/offs ? b/vue/swindon/wolves my top 3 not sure what order they will finish lol hopefully Aces top ?? last spot between peterboro & lynn ? yes i am righting ipswich off again this season lol !! peterboro's chances lie with their home form like a lot of clubs ? sheffield i can't make my mind up ? on whether pedersen stays ? or goes ? if he stay's i think they make play/offs if he goes its bye/bye play/offs ? maybe the bookies know something already ??

Edited by geoff58

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

i  would put them possible play/offs ? b/vue/swindon/wolves my top 3 not sure what order they will finish lol hopefully Aces top ?? last spot between peterboro & lynn ? yes i am righting ipswich off again this season lol !! peterboro's chances lie with their home form like a lot of clubs ? sheffield i can't make my mind up ? on whether pedersen stays ? or goes ? if he stay's i think they make play/offs if he goes its bye/bye play/offs ? maybe the bookies know something already ??

I think Swindon and Sheffield may have issues with their reserves, Ipswich away from home will struggle even if Crumpy gets back to some sort of form.  It seems most teams have question marks which makes predicting very difficult. I believe a team with the experience of Peterborough can regain their form and make the play offs, as others have said I believe KIng's Lynn will struggle, Wolves have a reasonable side and could make the play offs even though they are 2 points under the limit. Belle Vue should make the play offs quite easily although Peter Kildermand is no Kenny Bjerre or Max Fricke so could be lacking at the top end.

Edited by foreverblue

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I think Swindon and Sheffield may have issues with their reserves, Ipswich away from home will struggle even if Crumpy gets back to some sort of form.  It seems most teams have question marks which makes predicting very difficult. I believe a team with the experience of Peterborough can regain their form and make the play offs, as others have said I believe KIng's Lynn will struggle, Wolves have a reasonable side and could make the play offs even though they are 2 points under the limit. Belle Vue should make the play offs quite easily although Peter Kildermand is no Kenny Bjerre or Max Fricke so could be lacking at the top end.

agree with most of those comments my personal opinion of the Aces is kurtz/bewley/wright/worrall/lidsey will all be fine and will up their average the 2 sticking points for us is etheridge away ? he will be fine at home !! & kildimand who i am very unsure about he will either be great or rubbish hopefully he will prove us all wrong which will be great for him personally & the team ? if he fails to deliver then i fear the chop for him ?? hopefully lemmo will do it early ? i can see bjerre back for him ? who knows it might have been already set up ?? we might have to sacrifice someone else to fit him in maybe worrall ? who knows ? but yes we should make the play/offs ??