British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Prediction thread

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

agree with most of those comments my personal opinion of the Aces is kurtz/bewley/wright/worrall/lidsey will all be fine and will up their average the 2 sticking points for us is etheridge away ? he will be fine at home !! & kildimand who i am very unsure about he will either be great or rubbish hopefully he will prove us all wrong which will be great for him personally & the team ? if he fails to deliver then i fear the chop for him ?? hopefully lemmo will do it early ? i can see bjerre back for him ? who knows it might have been already set up ?? we might have to sacrifice someone else to fit him in maybe worrall ? who knows ? but yes we should make the play/offs ??

I actually think Etheridge will be ok away this season, he has potential to be a very decent rider in my opinion, Kildermand is an enigma, brilliant one day rubbish the next and i have a feeling you will get the latter more often . Kurtz is  very good rider  and the NSS should suit him, the rest of your team should all improve on last season except possibly Wright .

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I actually think Etheridge will be ok away this season, he has potential to be a very decent rider in my opinion, Kildermand is an enigma, brilliant one day rubbish the next and i have a feeling you will get the latter more often . Kurtz is  very good rider  and the NSS should suit him, the rest of your team should all improve on last season except possibly Wright .

I feel Wright has the potential to put at least half a point on his average.And if he can quickly get dialled in to his new home track he can bring that confidence to his away performances.I have watched that British Final win a few times and god how good was Charles  he was superb.He just needs to get his set ups right at the NSS as the conditions will differ weekly but for  him personally it is a great career move and a chance to move up the ladder  in his career.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I feel Wright has the potential to put at least half a point on his average.And if he can quickly get dialled in to his new home track he can bring that confidence to his away performances.I have watched that British Final win a few times and god how good was Charles  he was superb.He just needs to get his set ups right at the NSS as the conditions will differ weekly but for  him personally it is a great career move and a chance to move up the ladder  in his career.

Wright had a good season and the NSS suits him, I am sure he will maintain his average but I very much doubt he will improve it.

37 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Wright had a good season and the NSS suits him, I am sure he will maintain his average but I very much doubt he will improve it.

I’ll bet my last dollar that Charles puts at least half a point on that average.

In the UK he is excellent and I find it somewhat perplexing that we have people who believe that the current British Champion, yes that’s right, can’t increase what is a pretty low starting number gained whilst riding as either a number 1 or 5.

When people use the term underrated, I often think it’s banded around too easily, but in Charles case it’s very apt.

He will be the 3rd heat leader in this team and I’ll go so far as to stick my nose out and say Charles will be challenging for the number 1 race jacket.

Everything stacks up for him this season. He’s at his home town club and lives a stones throw away. A nice set of circumstances and given his family history with the club, I expect we will see a very settled and very driven Charles Wright this season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think people forget that he’s the British champion. He slips under the radar Charles, he’s improving YOY and in this country is a very good rider.

His personal circumstances will also be much better, less travel for a kick off. He’s always wanted to ride for BV but for whatever reason it’s never been able to come together.

Every single one of that BV team, expect potentially Kurtz who will need time to settle, will increase their starting average.

That is always a recipe for success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acef said:

I’ll bet my last dollar that Charles puts at least half a point on that average.

In the UK he is excellent and I find it somewhat perplexing that we have people who believe that the current British Champion, yes that’s right, can’t increase what is a pretty low starting number gained whilst riding as either a number 1 or 5.

When people use the term underrated, I often think it’s banded around too easily, but in Charles case it’s very apt.

He will be the 3rd heat leader in this team and I’ll go so far as to stick my nose out and say Charles will be challenging for the number 1 race jacket.

Everything stacks up for him this season. He’s at his home town club and lives a stones throw away. A nice set of circumstances and given his family history with the club, I expect we will see a very settled and very driven Charles Wright this season.

He didn't start last season at 1 or 5 and he put a lot on his average due to a very low starting point  but I just can't see him putting much on his current average.

Can see wright hitting 7 this year, he’s steadily improved year on year, home track at belle vue will suit him too

• Like 2

Wright has been a steady climber in the top flight so I’m sure there is more in the tank.

id expect a small average rise although whether he has enough to be a true number one I’m not so sure.

Not sure steady climber is accurate had a very poor 2018 which resulted in a drop to a 5 point average but had a very good season and ended up with a 6.68. Obviously there were reasons why his average dropped so much but I still don't see him averaging over 7.

5 hours ago, acef said:

I think people forget that he’s the British champion. He slips under the radar Charles, he’s improving YOY and in this country is a very good rider.

His personal circumstances will also be much better, less travel for a kick off. He’s always wanted to ride for BV but for whatever reason it’s never been able to come together.

Every single one of that BV team, expect potentially Kurtz who will need time to settle, will increase their starting average.

That is always a recipe for success.

Acef  looking at this Aces side Kurtz, Wright, Bewley, Worrall, Lidsey, Etheridge can all improve there figures.Wright also for me is a very decent rider away from home if he can say be averaging over eight at home his figures away will improve also.I enjoyed watching Steve/Charles riding for the Robins so are two riders i would love to keep improving.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Acef  looking at this Aces side Kurtz, Wright, Bewley, Worrall, Lidsey, Etheridge can all improve there figures.Wright also for me is a very decent rider away from home if he can say be averaging over eight at home his figures away will improve also.I enjoyed watching Steve/Charles riding for the Robins so are two riders i would love to keep improving.

Kind words. Thanks.

There is collective improvement across the team, individually that may may move a bit and my reservation is with Kurtz.

Still don't think he's realised his full potential and the travel isn't going to help him.

The team is lacking a clear number 1 but it's well balanced and alongside Swindon I see the the top 2 teams in the division.

5 minutes ago, acef said:

Kind words. Thanks.

There is collective improvement across the team, individually that may may move a bit and my reservation is with Kurtz.

Still don't think he's realised his full potential and the travel isn't going to help him.

The team is lacking a clear number 1 but it's well balanced and alongside Swindon I see the the top 2 teams in the division.

My concern for you is Kildemand i  dont know what has gone wrong for him but he is capable of doing a decent job.Kurtz is no  Max but i believe he can be a real force at home also he will be exciting to watch.

15 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

My concern for you is Kildemand i  dont know what has gone wrong for him but he is capable of doing a decent job.Kurtz is no  Max but i believe he can be a real force at home also he will be exciting to watch.

I'm not as worried about PK because I believe wright and bewley will occupy the top 3 alongside Brady. PK will be a 2nd string. That's quite a big statement I know.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, acef said:

I'm not as worried about PK because I believe wright and bewley will occupy the top 3 alongside Brady. PK will be a 2nd string. That's quite a big statement I know.

I think Lidsey will be pushing for that third heat leader position in my opinion himself along with Becker could be future GP riders.