British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Prediction thread

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think Lidsey will be pushing for that third heat leader position in my opinion himself along with Becker could be future GP riders.

Don't think either will make gp riders personally but you never know. 

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Don't think either will make gp riders personally but you never know. 

Alot of people said Fricke would never make a GP rider,  and apart from maybe Smektala,Drabik, Lambert, Kubera it is all to play for to reach the series in the future.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Alot of people said Fricke would never make a GP rider,  and apart from maybe Smektala,Drabik, Lambert, Kubera it is all to play for to reach the series in the future.

Yes and it is a shame he doesn't want to do the British League next season, massive respect to Doyley for continuing in the British League year on year when a lot of the top riders don't. Lidsey and Becker have a long long way to go to get to that level.

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes and it is a shame he doesn't want to do the British League next season, massive respect to Doyley for continuing in the British League year on year when a lot of the top riders don't. Lidsey and Becker have a long long way to go to get to that level.

The thing  is though forever who would of predicted  that Doyley would of achieved what he has done not many of us.Last season when i visited the NSS in the Supporters trophy Lidsey was mighty impressive along with Bewley .Lidsey  i believe learned one hell of alot last year and he can continue to improve and he has years ahead of him god willing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

The thing  is though forever who would of predicted  that Doyley would of achieved what he has done not many of us.Last season when i visited the NSS in the Supporters trophy Lidsey was mighty impressive along with Bewley .Lidsey  i believe learned one hell of alot last year and he can continue to improve and he has years ahead of him god willing.

As always the key to moving to the next level is consistency , Lidsey  only has a 5 point average so I would imagine he wasn't that impressive all season, Bewley despite his issues with coming back from injury still achieved a 6 point average so that was more impressive and injury free he could definitely move to the next level.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

As always the key to moving to the next level is consistency , Lidsey  only has a 5 point average so I would imagine he wasn't that impressive all season, Bewley despite his issues with coming back from injury still achieved a 6 point average so that was more impressive and injury free he could definitely move to the next level.

You are a hard man to please Blue !!!! Lidsey  has real talent he even showed that in his first Polish season as a squad member.He has done well in the 21s and he has gone a different route to Max who had two seasons in the Champs.Lidsey also impressed me at the Abbey a couple of times and now he has some experience of the set ups in the UK  a big improvement is on the cards.

10 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are a hard man to please Blue !!!! Lidsey  has real talent he even showed that in his first Polish season as a squad member.He has done well in the 21s and he has gone a different route to Max who had two seasons in the Champs.Lidsey also impressed me at the Abbey a couple of times and now he has some experience of the set ups in the UK  a big improvement is on the cards.

I may be a hard man to please! Ask the wife!

Not saying Lidsey doesn't have talent but don't really think Polish results are relevant as most of the tracks are similar to the NSS I am assuming.   In my opinion he still has a lot to prove.

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I may be a hard man to please! Ask the wife!

Not saying Lidsey doesn't have talent but don't really think Polish results are relevant as most of the tracks are similar to the NSS I am assuming.   In my opinion he still has a lot to prove.

Maybe the Aces diehards can have an input they know more than you and i on Lidsey and his talent and development  as a rider.I have followed  Lidsey ever since  he was riding against the likes of Leigh Adams son ( Declyn) ) and Mathew Gilmore and have always felt there is a real rider there  only time will tell i suppose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Maybe the Aces diehards can have an input they know more than you and i on Lidsey and his talent and development  as a rider.I have followed  Lidsey ever since  he was riding against the likes of Leigh Adams son ( Declyn) ) and Mathew Gilmore and have always felt there is a real rider there  only time will tell i suppose.

he  is real quality !! certainly a move up 2nd string this season he will have learned a lot from last season on track set ups my guess he will average 6/6.5 ish 

It should be remembered that last season was Lidsey’s first in the UK. Every chance he could make it to the GP’s in the future and we’ll have a much better idea about that with another British term under his belt. 

I'm a bit worried as I find myself agreeing with Geoff!! ;)

I like the look of Lidsey and do think he has as good as chance as any of pushing on this year to a strong 2nd string/3rd heat leader level

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I watched lidsey in World under 21s,,,he could defo be a future gp rider,,,, his aus under 21 titles of 3 in a row put him on par with aussie greats of that age. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I watched lidsey in World under 21s,,,he could defo be a future gp rider,,,, his aus under 21 titles of 3 in a row put him on par with aussie greats of that age. 

I think Bewley will make it and Lambert too but not Lidsey in my opinion. I don't think you can compare the current crop of Australian riders with the greats of the past.