British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Prediction thread

Lidsey, I think will make it, impressive in the under 21's world championship.   If Dan doesn't make big strides this year then I will begin to wonder if he will.  My big concern is Lambert. Again, like Dan, this will be a defining year for Lambert.

On 3/12/2020 at 7:56 AM, foreverblue said:

I think Bewley will make it and Lambert too but not Lidsey in my opinion. I don't think you can compare the current crop of Australian riders with the greats of the past. 

Wow, I think you will be in a very small minority with you opinion of J Lidsey, which you are perfectly entitled to. 

Edited by hyderd

26 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Wow, I think you will be in a very small minority with you opinion of J Lidsey, which you are perfectly entitled to. 

Really surprised so many think he will be a gp rider. 

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Because he’s following the trend at this point in his career which has seen many Australian riders go on to qualify for the GP?

1 hour ago, acef said:

Because he’s following the trend at this point in his career which has seen many Australian riders go on to qualify for the GP?

Well its not surprising Belle Vue fans think that, good luck to him but he's got to improve a lot in my opinion to reach that level. 

35 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well its not surprising Belle Vue fans think that, good luck to him but he's got to improve a lot in my opinion to reach that level. 

Well of course he has but you can say that about the vast majority of riders of his age and experience. What people are saying is that the signs are there that one day in the future he will be of GP standard. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

It's got nothing to do with being a BV supporter. 

The titles he has at his age are way beyond average. 

Being a BV fan doesn't impact that part of my logic.

If I felt he wasn't going to be good enough, I would say so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, acef said:

It's got nothing to do with being a BV supporter. 

The titles he has at his age are way beyond average. 

Being a BV fan doesn't impact that part of my logic.

If I felt he wasn't going to be good enough, I would say so.

He’s no Brady Kurtz - who has failed this far to fulfil his potential.  Maybe a move to BV will help get him back on the right track!

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

He’s no Brady Kurtz - who has failed this far to fulfil his potential.  Maybe a move to BV will help get him back on the right track!

Certainly hasn’t kicked on to the same degree as Max has. For a while there was little between them but Max really pulled away last year.

The track will help Brady at BV but the travelling certainly won’t. I’m 50/50 on him. 

Hopefully he kicks on now he’s away from the ploughed field that is Wimborne road and at a proper race track.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, acef said:

Certainly hasn’t kicked on to the same degree as Max has. For a while there was little between them but Max really pulled away last year.

The track will help Brady at BV but the travelling certainly won’t. I’m 50/50 on him. 

Hopefully he kicks on now he’s away from the ploughed field that is Wimborne road and at a proper race track.

I often felt Wimborne road affected both Brady and Jack Holder progressing quicker both can push on now as they have two great home tracks to ride on.

8 hours ago, acef said:

Hes going to be based at lemons for aces matches. Wont be much travelling at all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I often felt Wimborne road affected both Brady and Jack Holder progressing quicker both can push on now as they have two great home tracks to ride on.

At P&P brady said its  ice to have a smooth track as his own track. He will definitely feel more confident in himself 

16 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Jaymon has just turned 21 last month, last year was his first in British speedway where he held his own at the NSS, yes he struggled at other British tracks, but so does every other young rider in their first season over here.Don't forget that Jaymon only rode in the Premiership, so a pretty tough 1st season, don't you think. If he continues to improve at the NSS, and also on the away meetings he has the potential to become a regular in the GP'S.

On 3/11/2020 at 3:45 PM, foreverblue said:

I may be a hard man to please! Ask the wife!

Not saying Lidsey doesn't have talent but don't really think Polish results are relevant as most of the tracks are similar to the NSS I am assuming.   In my opinion he still has a lot to prove.

I actually think Poland results are relevant,  that is why for me why would Lidsey/ Bewley ever leave the brilliant NSS as a home venue.Nuturing there talents in the uk is a help but for me gathering more experience in Poland,Sweden,Denmark (etc) is more advantageous in there longterm development.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I actually think Poland results are relevant,  that is why for me why would Lidsey/ Bewley ever leave the brilliant NSS as a home venue.Nuturing there talents in the uk is a help but for me gathering more experience in Poland,Sweden,Denmark (etc) is more advantageous in there longterm development.

This is very true, a top speedway rider should be the aim for all up and coming young riders, SGP is their ambitions (or should be) and SGP tracks are big,fast and mostly well prepared. The NSS is one of the best tracks in Europe and should help our young stars of tomorrow to be better prepared for racing over there.

I personally think B Kurtz will kick on now he has a track he can trust.