British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Prediction thread

On 1/11/2020 at 8:20 AM, Bagpuss said:

Thought we had one already but can’t find it......

Anyway this is a bit of fun and ultimately means two fifths of very little so please don’t be offended or get the hump! Ta :D

1 Swindon

2 Belle Vue

3 Ipswich

4 King’s Lynn

5 Wolves

6 P’boro

7 Sheffield 

Gonna tweak this slightly.....

Swindon

Belle Vue 

Peterborough

Lynn

Wolves

Ipswich

Sheffield

Just a bit of fun

What I like about the league this year is that it looks much more balanced than last season, a few big names have returned albeit in their twilight years and you could just about make a case for any of the seven teams to reach the Play Offs. Of course like every year somebody will excel above expectations and someone will struggle unexpectedly but it looks competitive from top to bottom. Just hope they don’t spoil it by increasing entry prices too much.....

I’m not even gonna bother having a bash to be honest. Swindon look a touch better than the rest, but apart from them the rest could literally be in any order. 

• Like 2

Based on near full sides I'm going to settle for

1. Swindon

2. Peterborough

3. Wolves

4. Sheffield

5. Kings Lynn

6. Belle Vue

7. Ipswich 

46 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’m not even gonna bother having a bash to be honest. Swindon look a touch better than the rest, but apart from them the rest could literally be in any order. 

Not sure about Swindon, they look to have a very long tail.

Very difficult to make predictions before we’ve seen a few meetings - I do however think the league like it’s going to be very close this year, no one looks like they’re going to run away with it and similarly no one looks like they’re going to be tailed off either. Home form will be paramount for everyone

• Like 2

1 Swindon

2 Kings Lynn

3 Sheffield

4 Belle Vue

5 Peterborough

6 Wolves

7 Ipswich

In truth it all looks quite tight. With only 7 teams it is pretty hard to predict what will happen, actually looks quite an exciting league to be honest!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Not sure about Swindon, they look to have a very long tail.

Agreed. 

Ipswich (Crump dropping his average) and KL (a bit uninspiring) might turn out slightly weaker than the others but all in all it could well be close between all seven teams.

Boro look worth a bet ahead of Swindon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Change your decisions folks BWD out for the season 

It should make Boro stronger.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It should make Boro stronger.

Be hard to see how that will happen to be honest as they would be signed up already.

7 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Be hard to see how that will happen to be honest as they would be signed up already.

Plenty of 4/5/6 pointers out there unsigned it's heat leaders that there's a shortage