British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Prediction thread

3 minutes ago, hyderd said:

This is very true, a top speedway rider should be the aim for all up and coming young riders, SGP is their ambitions (or should be) and SGP tracks are big,fast and mostly well prepared. The NSS is one of the best tracks in Europe and should help our young stars of tomorrow to be better prepared for racing over there.

I personally think B Kurtz will kick on now he has a track he can trust.

Your team looks a very exciting one hyderd and to be honest i am very envious of all you Aces fans for having the opportunity to watch great racing on a great track on a regular basis.Last year when i visited when Swindon were in town the conditions were very difficult but the track held up brilliantly and it was one of the most enjoyable evening's racing i have seen in a longtime.Bewley,Lidsey,Doyle, Batchelor all served up great entertainment and i came away not believing how many different lines there were on that track great stuff indeed.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hyderd said:

This is very true, a top speedway rider should be the aim for all up and coming young riders, SGP is their ambitions (or should be) and SGP tracks are big,fast and mostly well prepared. The NSS is one of the best tracks in Europe and should help our young stars of tomorrow to be better prepared for racing over there.

I personally think B Kurtz will kick on now he has a track he can trust.

Kurtz generally rode well at Poole so did Fricke, he always got good scores at BV so he should continue that. 

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Your team looks a very exciting one hyderd and to be honest i am very envious of all you Aces fans for having the opportunity to watch great racing on a great track on a regular basis.Last year when i visited when Swindon were in town the conditions were very difficult but the track held up brilliantly and it was one of the most enjoyable evening's racing i have seen in a longtime.Bewley,Lidsey,Doyle, Batchelor all served up great entertainment and i came away not believing how many different lines there were on that track great stuff indeed.

Swindon look exciting too, i thought Rasmus Jensen was exciting last season. 

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Swindon look exciting too, i thought Rasmus Jensen was exciting last season. 

He was and this year is a huge year for him a huge ask to maintain his average and people will compare this year to what they would of expected from Tobi.For me the most important rider is Ellis Perks he has to try and push over the five point mark. And  if he does i would imagine he would swap regularly with Jordan Stewart at reserve leaving us not quite as weak in that position as it appears.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Kurtz generally rode well at Poole so did Fricke, he always got good scores at BV so he should continue that. 

That’s simply not true.  He guested  for Swindon at BV the season before last and he was gash!

52 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

He was and this year is a huge year for him a huge ask to maintain his average and people will compare this year to what they would of expected from Tobi.For me the most important rider is Ellis Perks he has to try and push over the five point mark. And  if he does i would imagine he would swap regularly with Jordan Stewart at reserve leaving us not quite as weak in that position as it appears.

Yes i agree with all of that,from what I saw of  Rasmus if he can push on and no reason why not, he can become a top rider, had a amazing season which few thought he was capable of.

27 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

That’s simply not true.  He guested  for Swindon at BV the season before last and he was gash!

Oh didn't know that, usually good for Poole when he rode their and always good at Swindon 

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

If the season goes ahead, it’ll be a massive year for Rasmus. Riding as a bonafied heat leader will put a pressure on him he didn’t have last season.

I agree about Ellis perks. He kicked on last season and if I were to pick a rider in the Swindon team who I thought would deliver the most growth it would be him.

2 very different teams BV and Swindon, but imo the 2 strongest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Yes i agree with all of that,from what I saw of  Rasmus if he can push on and no reason why not, he can become a top rider, had a amazing season which few thought he was capable of.

Your logic is a bit confusing my friend! An average attained from lower positions in the team, yet you think he can become a top rider but Lidsey can’t.

I take nothing away from rasmus who was excellent, just can’t quite compute your logic!

1 hour ago, acef said:

Your logic is a bit confusing my friend! An average attained from lower positions in the team, yet you think he can become a top rider but Lidsey can’t.

I take nothing away from rasmus who was excellent, just can’t quite compute your logic!

Not sure what you mean, Lidsey was at reserve for some of the season, so attained his average at the lower end of the team too. Rasmus ended with over two points above Lidsey, he was never a reserve and he didn't have a full season but in fairness to Lidsey he is quite a bit younger so you would expect more improvement to come. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1